It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy to Violate the Espionage Act?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
These are a few paragaphs from the report:

Lawrence Franklin, an expert on Iran in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, was "frustrated" with American foreign policy in the Middle East.264 Franklin believed that by leaking information about Iran to the press, an Israeli diplomat, and Steven Rosen and Keith Weissman of AIPAC, Iran's threat to American security would be taken more seriously by the National Security Council (NSC).265 Franklin also had a more self-interested goal - he hoped to obtain a position at the NSC.

The FBI had been monitoring the activities of Rosen and Weissman since 1999 as part of a wide-ranging investigation of possible Israeli espionage within the United States. When Franklin began meeting with them in 2003, the FBI was listening. Through this surveillance, for example, the FBI learned that at a lunch on June 26, 2003, Franklin orally disclosed classified information about potential attacks on American forces in Iraq, adding that the information was "highly classified."266

During a June 30, 2004 interview with the FBI, Franklin admitted to leaking classified information to Rosen and Weissman, an Israeli diplomat, and the press.267 Franklin agreed to cooperate with the FBI; following the FBI's instructions and wearing a hidden microphone, Franklin met with Weissman on July 24, 2004 and warned Weissman that the information he was about to disclose about Iran's actions in Iraq was highly classified "Agency stuff" and that Weissman could "get in trouble" for having the information.268 Later that day, Weissman shared the information with Rosen, other AIPAC colleagues, an Israeli diplomat, and Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post. The wiretap of Weissman and Rosen's telephone call with Kessler revealed Rosen offering Kessler a remark he frequently made when talking with journalists: "at least we have no Official Secrets Act."269

I found this report while doing some research and I am not entirely sure, but I think this might be something that warrents some attention and analysis.

Here is the Link:

cryptome.org...

The part of the report I included in this thread is toward the end, but try to read it all.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Does anyone think this could lead to indictments? Convictions? Even an investigation?

join