It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We were eating the low cost, now they've shoved the FULL COST down our throats!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
We were compassionately eating the cost of patching up the bums.
Now they've FORCED us to choke on the FULL COST.

When a bum got bitten by a dog, and went to the emergency room for stitches, we sewed him up and gave him a pill and a shot. It cost about $30 for some sutures, a shot, and a pill, a cup of water, and the nurse's spare time. The hospital would love to charge $900 for it. But he didn't have health insurance.
He didn't have a number.
He didn't have a billing account.

The hospital couldn't bill him. Even if they tried he couldn't pay. The ''system'' ate the cost of the raw material which was $30. The nurse was there no matter what. She had some time to help the bum. ''WE'' ate the cost of the pill, the plastic cup, the shot, the sutures. The hospital fell back on their own funds or state funds which are actually the paying customer's funds or tax payer's funds. Oh well. We accepted this as part of our compassionate bum loving. Why? Nobody has the guts to explain that we hate the bum. Instead we fake like we love the bum.

NOW when the bum gets bitten by a dog and goes to the hospital he has a freaking billing account number and the hospital is going to bill ''US'' for the full total, no discount, absolute highest retail price $900!!!!!! The bum still can't pay. What has changed?!! The bum can't pay. The working tax payers are going to pay the full VALUE ADDED cost now instead of the raw material cost.

WE ARE ALL GETTING RAPED.

They can try to hide it, but the cost is going to come out of all working people's pockets. We are getting totally screwed.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
CV

Enough already buddy, it's over equity markets are moving higher and this bill passed mang'. You might need to head to the cowfields with me to listen to some darkside of the moon to chill if you know what i mean.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

You know I like discussing trading with you, GBM, but you're an idiot.

I don't understand how you can accept this... oh wait.... you don't work.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
CV

Enough already buddy, it's over equity markets are moving higher and this bill passed mang'. You might need to head to the cowfields with me to listen to some darkside of the moon to chill if you know what i mean.

LOVE THAT IDEA, honestly, I think I am inspired to do the same, but instead of floyd, some reggae for me.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Actually I work my ass off for over 12 hours a day.

Just not getting paid for it yet.

But you are the idiot I believe since you continue to hold on to your triple bear shorts after I warned you several times months ago to get rid of them.

Looks like we are 2 peas in a pod.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The problem is the high cost of medical. I have seen an elderly woman who couldn't get help for her medical bills because she was 3.00 over the poverty line. Like that 3.00 would pay for thousands of dollars of medical bills.
There are many like her who simply cannot afford to pay.

There are many working people who cannot afford medical, many unemployed who cannot afford it. Who's fault is that? It kinda blows my mind that hospitals and medicines are a 'for profit business'. When profit is more important than a human life, there is a huge problem in our society.

Oh and that bum, would you prefer that we shot him dead instead? We are taxed to death and no matter what we do we can't get ahead. I think the government likes it that way. Until our government changes and looks after its' citizens instead of screwing us over, I don't know what we can do about it. All I know is that the people are getting angry as they should. Things need to change.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm watching your basement, GBM. You better not be trying to develop nuclear weapons down there.

And now back on topic.......

This health care bill is a real rip off. It is a dirty corrupted scam that they whizzed past the ignorant people due to ''fear of death'' which all good advertising men know is one of the greatest methods of getting people's attention other than sex. Sex sells. And fear of death sells.

The radical Leftists have been trying to push the global warming scam on us to bankrupt us for many decades. Now they have achieved the health care scam which will destroy the economy and push us further into a desperate position.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

The high cost is artificially inflated due to the third party parasitic payment system called ''health insurance''.

Read my thread about insurance and labor unions.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire

I'm watching your basement, GBM. You better not be trying to develop nuclear weapons down there.

What the hell does that mean?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Oh and that bum, would you prefer that we shot him dead instead?

Not to mention, of course, that if we maintained the status quo, the cost of servicing those 'bums' were sending hospitals broke.

Broke hospitals close and then they aren't there for anybody with health care or platinum credit cards or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You know I like discussing trading with you, GBM, but you're an idiot.

I don't understand how you can accept this... oh wait.... you don't work.

I have to agree I like you alot and you are a friend but boy you are wrong on this one. This is going to turn really bad and the money you see on the front end will not come close to what you lose on the back end.

And by the way GBM I was right about caterpillar inc I called it remember about a week before it happened.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

WE ARE ALL GETTING RAPED.

They can try to hide it, but the cost is going to come out of all working people's pockets. We are getting totally screwed.

I think rich people should pay.

Tax people based on the square footage of thier house + the acreage that it sits on + the number of bathrooms and bedrooms divided by the number of occupants in the house + the quality of the building materials used in it + the view that they have + the value of the cars, trucks and recreational toys that they store in thier garage or in an offsite space + the value of thier stock options and investment holdings.

A tax on income is ludicious. It only taxes people who bring stuff of value to the economy. (i.e. Labor, ideas)

[edit on 24-3-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

what happened?

and what side is the right side you are referring to?

EDIT: Catepillar went up over 2 points today to 62.41 a share up from a LOW OF 22 dollars a share?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

The rich already pay all the taxes in the country. That will never change.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Sorry about the off-topic OP. They lay ed off a bunch of people and it's funny the stock goes up it goes back to the whole is the glass half empty or half full argument. And you are still wrong about Health care

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Yes, when companies lay people off that is good for the stock. That is because the stock is FORWARD LOOKING. I think we went over that though.

I am not wrong about health care but I was not totally pleased with this bill. Rather get taxed more and get real universal health care.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
to eat -vs.- to shove down throat

.......this food analogy is super lame. and then GBM started talking about the cow pasture and i can only think of eating cow-pies. gross.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

The rich already pay all the taxes in the country.

Looked at your cell phone bill, cable tv bill or electric, gas water and trash bill recently?

Bought gas, food or prescription meds recently?

Had a roof installed on your home, gotten a trafic ticket or rented a car, hotel or bought a plane ticket?

Payed your property taxes or collected a paycheck recently?

new topics

top topics

join