It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart 'does' Glenn Beck

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Are you saying that only progressives are intelligent ?
They may think they are. But intelligent is as intelligent does.
They may in fact be intelligent, but seem to be lacking in good old
common sense.
They profess "Hope and Change"
They better "hope" they don't "change" the US into a third world country
with their enlightened policies. There is a reason why this country is great,
and we want to keep it that way. I admire the progressives compassion, but we need to maintain our way of life in the process.
Conservatives and Progressives, aren't we still fellow Americans ?

Noro

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am not a "Republican" or a "Democrat."

That being said, I just watched that Jon Stewart clip without any bias and not once did I even slightly feel a laugh coming on. It was supposed to be "funny," right?

What a waste of time it must be to watch this clown's TV show. (same probably goes for Beck, I'm sure)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I am not a "Republican" or a "Democrat."

That being said, I just watched that Jon Stewart clip without any bias and not once did I even slightly feel a laugh coming on. It was supposed to be "funny," right?

What a waste of time it must be to watch this clown's TV show. (same probably goes for Beck, I'm sure)

Well if you don't know who Beck is then why would you think it's funny

That would be like me doing a dead-on impression of my Dad and expecting you to laugh.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Did I say I've never seen Beck's show? Nope. I've seen it plenty of times. I understand every aspect of Stewart's impersonation and it's still not funny to me at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
reply to post by kleverone

Did I say I've never seen Beck's show? Nope. I've seen it plenty of times. I understand every aspect of Stewart's impersonation and it's still not funny to me at all.

I see someone is too much of an "intellectual" to understand comedic satirical humor. Take a step off that pedestal buddy

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If you're not Democrat or Republican...are you a tea party fan? If so, I understand why you didn't laugh

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
GLENN BECK WAS AN INSIDE JOB

WAKE UP, SHEEPLE.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Nice to see the threads still afloat - might be something that helps kill some hours on the Friday afternoon's dreaded countdown to the weekend.

Thanks for the replies guys - I'm neither for nor against reps or dems I just think Jon does a good caricature of Glenn and explains it as he does it too, some quality comedy in my opinion.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

No, I'm not a "Tea Party fan." I believe that at the very beginning the Tea Parties were truly grassroots and about taking our country back from the people who have been sucking our country dry for centuries, but they were quickly subverted by the "Republican" party and instantly became part of what is the 2-party paradigm illusion.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
although i agree with Glenn Beck on alot of issue's he does dramatize everything like crazy. I dont like Stewart but i laughed my ass off on that one(the fact that i spelled out LMAO proves that i actually did =P )

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join