It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart 'does' Glenn Beck

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

JON

STEWART

DOES

NOT

CLAIM

TO

BE

A

SERIOUS

HARBINGER

OF

TRUTH

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Glenn Beck is a flat out liar and manipulator. Politics and sides have nothing to do with it. It's not a case of those damn sneaky liberals going after poor little Glenn, anyone who lies and decieves as freely as he does risks being called on it. Regardless of what they're lying about.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Any thoughts from either side of the Beck fence are welcome to share their thoughts on both the presentation of Beck from Jon and the overall set of messages delivered.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Stewart was pretty funny doing Beck.
2. Pretty inneffective in trying to de-bunk any of Beck's views.
3. Stewart is nowhere close to being in Beck's league when it comes
to Constitutional issues or arguments.
4. Stewart is funny
5. Beck is RIGHT !!

With that being said, I do agree with a lot of Beck's views.
Hey I'm from Texas, we are pretty doggone conservative down here.
We cling to God and guns you know.
I really think the libs (people not legislature/president) think they support
good causes, and are good people (they're Americans for gosh sakes)
but are very mis-guided and ill-informed. What they really don't understand is that those people up there in DC couldn't give a rat's-*ss less about them, the poor, the downtrodden, or anyone else except themselves. (I'm sure there are exceptions)
What people have to realize is that Beck rakes the Republicans over the coals as well as the Democrats. You would have to actually listen to him and not the cherry-picked blurbs that the MSM spit out.
My $.02 - I'm done.
May The Holy Lord truly continue to bless America, and all who reside in it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was actually at the hospital yesterday and they had the channel on Glenn Beck and he called the passing of the healthcare bill "the devil's way" and it's immoral to not go to church and asked sarcastically if there weren't any Marxist churches? It was ridiculous! Jon Steward is awesome, enough said. To anyone that takes him serious as a political figure, get help.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Does Glenn Beck subscribe to any conspiracy theories? Its odd that he's described as a "crackpot conspiracy theorist".

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

Taking without asking is stealing. That argument entirely destroys the arguments for most of the progressive legislation in five words. Need I go on? I agree with you that in general Beck is right about the progressives... though we're very far off on a wide number of issues. That is what beck is talking about when he says things like "nationalized health care is from the devil"... he's just a bit too dumb to argue correctly.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

Actually Jon Stewart is extremely intelligent. He interview Newt Gingrich the other week. I can't stand NG, but he is one smart guy. And occassionaly he spits out a brilliant gem. Jon Stewart, for just beinga comedy anchor, kept NG hustling the whole interview.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow, I can see the ideological split even on ATS...when did America become so divided?

Jon Stewart was spot on by the way. I saw an episode of Glenn Beck the other day and wow...Cup Stackers are destroying the United States

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hilarious performance!!

Gotta love the idiots who criticize him for being an comedian just because they don't agree with his views. His show is on COMEDY CENTRAL...whereas Beck's show is on a "NEWS" channel. See the difference??

Also, for those who say Stewart's only attacking the right wing media...think again. Watch the following clip where he managed to destroy a show on CNN to the point where they canned it after his performance.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I agree with you nikie, Stewart is an intelligent fellow. Does a good show for the most part. Always get a good chuckle when I watch.
What gets me is he almost always falls on the side of the progressives.
It just seems very odd to me that 99% of all entertainers, be they actors, comedians, musicians...pick one, will consider themselves progressives or liberals politically. What other segment of society has that level of uniformity ? Has anyone given that much thought ?
It seems to me that some of them are being a little less than honest
wouldn't you say ? But I guess if they are an out-of-the-closet conservative
so to speak, their careers would suffer.
I think that one of the major problems with our country today is that everyone is afraid to speak their minds. Be honest. Tell it like we see it.
Call a spade a spade. (Someone on ATS will construe that last phrase as racist) But I don't care anymore. Nowadays if someone stands up and speaks the honest truth, they will be labeled as insensitive, intolerant, bigoted, prejudiced, ignorant, or the trump card RACIST.
Political Correctness is sucking the soul out of our country. In truth, western civilization itself. What are we afraid of. I live in a small community about 50 miles north of Houston, TX,(work in the city) and for the most part people here are independent, self-reliant, hardworking, and Conservative.
But even here you can see the evil influence of PC. Especially in the schools. Yes the so-called educators have the same affliction that the entertainers have.
At least it's refreshing to be able to come to ATS and be able to speak your mind by avatar. My guess nikie is that there may even be some folks who are less than honest than they would like to be in this forum. Betcha
there are quite a few closet conservatives lurking in the shadows here.
Are you one of them ?
If you are, break out of the shadows. Let the light of truth shine forth.
You know you want to !

Where did that rant come from ? Sorry, got carried away
Gotta go....American Idol is coming on.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noromyxo

I agree with you nikie, Stewart is an intelligent fellow. Does a good show for the most part. Always get a good chuckle when I watch.
It just seems very odd to me that 99% of all entertainers, be they actors, comedians, musicians...pick one, will consider themselves progressives or liberals politically. What other segment of society has that level of uniformity ? Has anyone given that much thought ?
It seems to me that some of them are being a little less than honest
wouldn't you say ? But I guess if they are an out-of-the-closet conservative
so to speak, their careers would suffer.
I think that one of the major problems with our country today is that everyone is afraid to speak their minds. Be honest. Tell it like we see it.
Call a spade a spade. (Someone on ATS will construe that last phrase as racist) But I don't care anymore. Nowadays if someone stands up and speaks the honest truth, they will be labeled as insensitive, intolerant, bigoted, prejudiced, ignorant, or the trump card RACIST.
Political Correctness is sucking the soul out of our country. In truth, western civilization itself. What are we afraid of. I live in a small community about 50 miles north of Houston, TX,(work in the city) and for the most part people here are independent, self-reliant, hardworking, and Conservative.
But even here you can see the evil influence of PC. Especially in the schools. Yes the so-called educators have the same affliction that the entertainers have.
At least it's refreshing to be able to come to ATS and be able to speak your mind by avatar. My guess nikie is that there may even be some folks who are less than honest than they would like to be in this forum. Betcha
there are quite a few closet conservatives lurking in the shadows here.
Are you one of them ?
If you are, break out of the shadows. Let the light of truth shine forth.
You know you want to !

Where did that rant come from ? Sorry, got carried away
Gotta go....American Idol is coming on.

What an intersting response. If I get what your thinking, your thinking I am a closet conservative?
I don't care for either party, but I care far less for the conservative thinking.
If I had to align myself with a side(I am a third party advocate) it would be the dems.

But what I am strongly for is for PC. No member of a an advanced society should be marginalized based on a knee jerk reaction to race, sex, color, or religion.

One of the greatest things about this country is that we have gone from conception to advancemetn in just a few years. We achieved civil rights in a hundred or so years that most countries have not been able to achive in centuries upon centuries.

To me the right is just full of contradictions. The right to life but once your born you have to make it on your own. The government is stealign our rights so to speak but you feel we should be able to marginalize portions of our society simply based on something we dont' like about them.

People who claim that PC is ruining the country and things like healthcare reform are against the Constitution need to come out and say what it is they really fear, the end of elitism.

Everyone having access to healthcare and freedom of discrimination is the breaking down of the classes. It is the ending of white power. It means that the almighty old white guy now has to wallow in the mudhole with the rest of America, real America.

Is it that all entertainers are progressives and hiding? Or is it that people follow those who hold their ideals? As for the answer to that I really don't know. I don't care about the political beliefs of Hollywood.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Wow, I can see the ideological split even on ATS...when did America become so divided?

Jon Stewart was spot on by the way. I saw an episode of Glenn Beck the other day and wow...Cup Stackers are destroying the United States

I'll guess it became sharply divided about the time when they put about three layers of security check points at the statue of liberty. (edit: or should I call it the statue of "liberty" with the quotes?) As for when the division started, I imagine it was as early as the civil war.

But also have to factor in that you're on a message board with very strong opinions, and therefore the division may seem sharper than what it really is.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think some people are confused.

Just because a person watches and enjoys The Daily Show or Colbert Report doesn't make them "blind followers" of every opinion presented on either show.

I watch those shows for entertainment and to laugh - I watch Bill Maher's show as well and honestly think the guy is a complete douche.

Even when Jon Stewart makes fun of things I believe in I don't get upset - I just wait for the next joke.

I think some people are just a little too sensitive.

I take everything on the MSM with a grain of salt - that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the ride and laugh for the sake of laughing.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You are so right, each and every person in this country (If they are a citizen) deserves equality under the law. We have made tremendous strides in this country in that regard. Let's focus on Civil Right for a minute.
Who was it that championed the Civil Rights movement back in the 60's ?
Yep...the Republicans
Who fought it tooth and nail ?
The Dems !
Now let's talk about the elites for a moment.
The elites are sitting in DC right now. (And they aren't all "Old White Guys") anymore. As a matter of fact I'm a white guy. (Guess that didn't surprise you huh ?) And today in the USA the white guys are the ones who are villified...heck, DEMONIZED... just because we want to keep our own hard-earned money...and our guns...and our religion.
I think everyone deserves dignity as a human being. And anyone who victimizes or abuses, or marginalizes another of God's children based on race, religion, creed, nationality, sex, color....etc is morally bankrupt.
I'm not against social programs, as long as they are administered with common sense, and without corruption. People with disabilities should be taken care of by society. Families that have lost their incomes should be assisted monetarily. Poor families should should have help feeding and clothing their kids. We white guys are not heartless. But the womb to the tomb welfare programs are ridiculous. They sap the individual of any need or desire to take any initiative to contribute to society. We tend to be lazy and will take tha path of least resistance. We aren't heartless... If a man abandons his family, and leaves them penniless, society should step in and help. But there has to be a limit. We're not totally without compassion,
we just don't trust the morons in Washington to dipense our hard-earned money responsibly or fairly.
Are we so far apart ?
Do you agree with anything I said ? Or are we living in different worlds ?

Noro

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It seems as though James Cameron is having a go at the Beckster as well.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Asked what he thought about Beck during a junket appearance in support of the "Avatar" home video release, Cameron said: "Glenn Beck is a #ing asshole. I've met him. He called me the anti-Christ, and not about 'Avatar.' He hadn't even seen 'Avatar' yet. I don't know if he has seen it."

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yea that was hilarious I love Jon Stewart

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Also, for those who say Stewart's only attacking the right wing media...think again. Watch the following clip where he managed to destroy a show on CNN to the point where they canned it after his performance.

This is a rare case when you can see Jon _almost_ serious, and he's scaringly intelligent... I'd hate to have a debate with him, that would be tough.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noromyxo

I agree with you nikie, Stewart is an intelligent fellow.
-snip-

...intelligent... falls on the side of the progressives... Don't you think there may be a natural correlation here?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I think people underestimate him because he's often funny. Listen to his interview with Larry King...he's an intelligent guy.

I agree 100% with his statement about the 2 parties and the media.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

:
ff topic::
Can I have your signature?
:: topic ::

Funny but this is the problem with political satire delivered as news:
It blurs the lines for those who don't wish to absorb news and then later comes back as stuff ATSers must debunk.

::back to looking for that pic in the news::

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join