It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart 'does' Glenn Beck

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I'd love to see Jon Stewart hung from a tall yardarm with a sign nailed to it reading "How's that for a laugh?"

The guy thinks everything is such a freaking joke but he delights in slamming the Republicans. Forget that while, yes, Beck goes overboard on many issues, he does raise some good points from time to time. No, let's completely ignore that fact and make the man a laughing stock and anyone who dares to admit they watch him.

Hey Jon, why don't you try making fun of some of the big names in the powers that be? You know, Rothschild, Soros and company? Oh what's that? You're afraid you would disappear in the middle of the night or worse, someone might pull your funding? Chickens#$@ blowhard.

He's a comedian. Here's the kicker, so is Glenn Beck.

And he criticizes Obama as well, perhaps not as much.. But pretty much everyone who does or says something stupid will be a target for him.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

You do realize the show is on comedy central and is meant to be a parady. Yet some of their stuff is considered true journalism. But Jon Stewart will be the first to tell you that it is just a cable show. As for predictablilty, some is, some isn't. I watch a lot of comedy, and follow a lot of comedians, and I find a lot of it very original and funny.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
reply to post by sos37

i dont know how you could dislike him, unless you dont watch or you hate to laugh.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

Gee I don't know. It's hard to like anyone who thinks the current state of our nation is such a freaking joke that it's all laughter, fun and games.

So from half of you I hear "Don't take Stewart seriously, he just a comedy show and doesn't mean any of it" and the other half says "But he does report on real news from time to time and looks at the real issues". His loyal watchers can't even agree on what kind of show he has.

Yes, I've seen his show, more often than I would like to admit. At very first it was amusing, but the more I watched the more I realized that this man has no respect for this country or the working class people AT ALL. I'm not saying Stewart is dumb, because I don't believe that at all - but I think he's done a hell of a job conning everyone into thinking that he's a "stand up guy that's able to make light of the issues and be serious when he wants to". The man is a cesspool of treasonous speech, every show, every joke, every line.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Sorry, how did ANY of you watch the video?

It was about Beck.

We ALL know you would never even listen to one second of a Beck Video, so my question again, how did you guys watch the video?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Last year John and Stephen both took two weeks off. Before that "vacaion" they where both on target with most of their comments and attitudes.

After they got back, they slipped into this act stupid and dumb down our shows thing they are doing now. I think this skit was stupid, it was as insulting to the real topics as Glen, and the rest of them are.

You need to wake up and see that this is the game, they have a fool like Glen bring up valid points but in a stupid over the top way, then they have aother people who are acting like fools speek negatively about these topics.....

Why would they do that????

They do it so when an educated american brings up "the straw man" or being a libertarian, You all say oh ya thats that stupid stuff the TV told me was dumb... All hail the TV, no need to study and find out for yourself, just worship the TV, and the Economy,....

We must Worship the TV, Economy, and Government, We can not take care or even think for ourselves.........

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
reply to post by sos37

i dont know how you could dislike him, unless you dont watch or you hate to laugh.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

Gee I don't know. It's hard to like anyone who thinks the current state of our nation is such a freaking joke that it's all laughter, fun and games.

So from half of you I hear "Don't take Stewart seriously, he just a comedy show and doesn't mean any of it" and the other half says "But he does report on real news from time to time and looks at the real issues". His loyal watchers can't even agree on what kind of show he has.

Yes, I've seen his show, more often than I would like to admit. At very first it was amusing, but the more I watched the more I realized that this man has no respect for this country or the working class people AT ALL. I'm not saying Stewart is dumb, because I don't believe that at all - but I think he's done a hell of a job conning everyone into thinking that he's a "stand up guy that's able to make light of the issues and be serious when he wants to". The man is a cesspool of treasonous speech, every show, every joke, every line.

Sorry you feel that way.

Cant he be funny and touch on the issues? i believe its called "political satire" and john stewart is only one in a line of many to make light of the news since the advent of cable. I dont see the reason for taking everything so seriously, like this is the pinnacle of our existence and to draw humor from its government and politics is blasphemous and a disgrace to our county.

I dont know about you, but i dont think that the world will be coming to an end any time soon and i think american politics are so rediculously played that it would be funny without john stewart.

Condemning a self admitted funny man, on THE COMEDY NETWORK, on a show that emphasizes political satire.... because he makes comedy of the news and has an apparent bias (what show doesnt???) is one of the most rediculous things i ever heard.

you could just say "i dont like the show" instead of dumping all over it for its apparent and intended qualities.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Are you sure about that?

if anything, I would think he's one of the few of your fellow countrymen who DOES say what needs to be said on his Comedy show. He points out the effete, useless media icons many of you guys worship, like Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly and shows just how ridiculous they are.

And if he flipflops, it's to show how the current position has now gone and done something ridiculous .

He's satirising the entire political process, pointing out how the MSM itself changes positions more often than you change underpants. Regardless of whether or not the day previously they [Daily Show] were supporting them.

I can understand if you don't like the humour, fair enough, to each their own.

But to think he has no respect for America?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Alright, I am just leaving a comment so that it subscribes me to this. I will be back to check this out.

Star and flag for the existence of this thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I myself don't like Jon Stewart or find him funny or like his views, but I saw this skit last night and I laughed a few times

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Sorry, how did ANY of you watch the video?

It was about Beck.

We ALL know you would never even listen to one second of a Beck Video, so my question again, how did you guys watch the video?

I don't believe it End, what is implied in this post...

I have watched 20 more Beck here on ATS, I sense defense, for Beck who hangs the riggings of the two party system you so dislike. Or maybe anger at those who do not think Beck is pure?

I guess when push come to shove we all have a team, myself included.

It is the human element that makes the whole s#$@ system possible

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Not everyone is as partisan as... well... as others are.
I've seen plenty of Beck. I've seen enough of Beck to make me vomit. Don't make the mistake of thinking that everyone just watches "one side" or the other of cable "entertain-news". I often watch FOX AND MSNBC on the same night.

I know... -- freaky.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This is a great video. The funny thing about Glenn Beck is, if I thought his show was satire, I would probably watch it. Its a hilarious show if you view it through the context of satire. But I am unable to watch it because it is disgusting and sad. I know that his show is not satire or he at least does not intend it to be and thats what makes it depressing to watch.

I know that people watch Beck and take him completely serious. I see his false logic and straw man arguments made regularly by posters on this site.
People watch him and believe every word as truth. Beck is constantly using slippery slope arguments as if they are valid. And I see those same arguments repeated every day on this site and elsewhere.

And for those people who think that John Stewart only rips the Republicans, you are wrong. Stewart mocks hypocrisy on both sides. The reason that he seems to focus on the Republicans more is because they present more hypocritical and fallacious arguments as fact. I'm not saying Democrats are not guilty of the same but it happens at a much higher frequency with the Republicans. Unbiased observers can see this.

Both sides are corrupt hypocrites but I assure you the Republicans are the masters of manipulation. The reason the Republicans have had so much more success in the last 30 years, is because they are much better manipulating people and convincing the ignorant of false arguments.

Great post, star and flag.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
i hate jon stewart and the daily show, i see all their jokes coming 20 miles away and they focus on the BS, they just make double negative entertainment out of the horrific MSM reports of other shows. wow... what's the point in that? john stewart and stephen colbert are both really smart have a huge following and infulence, but insist on being funny guys instead of talking about the really hard stuff and making an impact on the nation. but then again, i don't care about anyone's opinion who gets their news and kicks from comedy central.

So I take it you are a big fan of Beck.

Never seen ANYONE mock ( pun?) Comedy Central.

Thanks OP. I too needed a laugh today. Been getting trounced lately due to Evil Government Zombie takeover of our DNA.

Starrred & Flaggged, bought the T-shirt and already washed the car with it. Thanks.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The truly hilarious part is the amount of people the would choose to praise and glorify Jon Stewart yet take a giant dump on followers of Glenn Beck.

I watched this video and I didn't even grin much less laugh. Why? Because now not only is Glenn Beck being portrayed as a complete idiot, but the main stream media networks - those who have been known to be deceiving agenda pushing liers, promote this garbage like it matters.

If Jon Stewart wants to do his little comic bit that'ss fine... but does anyone else throw up at least a BIT of a red flag when MSNBC, a company owned by GE decides to promote a show on a channel owned by corporate rival Viacom? Don't you think there MIGHT BE some kind of agenda there?

The point is - every single mass media outlet like to demonize Beck and I've said this once and I will say it again - Beck may go to the extreme on some occasions but at the very least he is OPENING PEOPLES MINDS TO POSSIBILITY!

What does Jon Stewart and Colbert do? They make a satire of the entire spectrum of questions that people NEED to be asking. So at the end of a day of actually thought, all people need to do is watch Comedy Central, believe in the BS that they hear, and all of a sudden none of it matters anymore because after all - it is just "one big joke" isn't it?

There is an agenda behind all of it. If you have so much as an inkling to think that the crap that comes out of Jon Stewart's mouth is any better than Beck's, Limbaugh's, O'Reily's, or even Obama's mouth - then seriously take a step back and look at the big picture. If Stewart wasn't doing his job exactly how it was intended, he would be taken off the air in a heartbeat.

Welcome to the media - whether it be the "news", "comedy", or "extreme views" it can all be classified under one nice lump category:

BRAINWASHING.

Do yourselves a favor and ditch the televisions period.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I saw this when it was first aired and thought it was hilarious. I also think it is sad that a fake comedy news show is the one that calls these clowns in Washington DC out. Stephen Colbert is also very funny too, and many think he really is a conservative pundit.

Then again, satire has always been used to poke fun at the government and main stream press.

Thank you for posting the video.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Alright, I was trying to use my twisted humor. Sometimes I forget that my mind is WAAYYY out there.

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey....I am bipartisan, I HATE EVERYONE.
A sort of equal opportunity bi-partisan.

I am thinking of a new Party idea, it's basic tenet would be the destruction of all political parties. Oh wait, the Anarchist Party. No, already taken.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Glenn Beck

is

a

TV

(television)

Personality

With

Advertisers

Writers

Etc

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

What does Jon Stewart and Colbert do? They make a satire of the entire spectrum of questions that people NEED to be asking. So at the end of a day of actually thought, all people need to do is watch Comedy Central, believe in the BS that they hear, and all of a sudden none of it matters anymore because after all - it is just "one big joke" isn't it?

Ironic then that you would employ satire to do the EXACT same thing:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pot, meet kettle.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

but the more I watched the more I realized that this man has no respect for this country or the working class people AT ALL. I'm not saying Stewart is dumb, because I don't believe that at all - but I think he's done a hell of a job conning everyone into thinking that he's a "stand up guy that's able to make light of the issues and be serious when he wants to". The man is a cesspool of treasonous speech, every show, every joke, every line.

Whoa, just whoa! Jon Stewart is guilty of treason now? He has not respect for his country? What channel have you been watching, because sure as hell there was some mix up in programming and the person you looked as was somebody else.

Jon stands for common sense which is sadly lacking in our national discourse. Of course, if you are content with Beck waving a sickle-and-hammer and swastika flags chanting "that's social justice for you", and calling Obama a racist, well then, ciao.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

SO

IS

JON

STEWART!

reply to post by kinda kurious

Last I looked I wasn't bashing a single personality by doing more of the same. The video is a ridiculous over reaction to Glenn Beck's antics and deserves no more credit then Beck himself does.

If people will honestly choose to blindly follow the likes of Jon Stewart (a television personality) over Glenn Beck (ANOTHER television personality) THAT is what is ironic and hypocritical to the max.

I, on the other hand, will choose to follow myself and though I am guilty of watching Glenn Beck on occasion, I am no so stupid as to not do the research myself and in those cases I have learned quite a lot. However, in the few occasions I have watched The Daily Show or Colbert Report, I have learned absolutely nothing except how to view the entire political and government spectrum as nothing more than a joke that we should blindly ignore.

Wake up. Smell the coffee. Realize the truth.

Mass media, is the mass media. There aren't clever exceptions just because of comedy. The moment anyone complains about how the news is skewed and made to fit certain agendas, yet would blindly praise another (which is owned by the same networks no less) that is the moment they become hypocrites and their opinions become void.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join