It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart 'does' Glenn Beck

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Seriously? You better believe it! If anything, Stewart is a THREAT with a capital T to this nation. All he encourages people to do is to NOT take civic matters seriously. After all, it's all a game, right? No one's lives are really affected by any of this political crap, right? This is all just bollocks on the tele, just a bunch of actors playing anchor-women on MSNBC, CNN and Fox News.

With every show he undermines what little dignity this country has left, and God knows after what Bush and Obama have done to us all we have VERY little dignity left. No matter to him, as long as he can make his next Porche payment, right? Disgusting man.

It sounds to me like you've never really watched his show for more than a few minutes.

Do you know what satire is? Do you hold the same contempt for Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

It is time to come clean mate, are you Glenn Beck?

Seriously though my good man, lighten up! It's possible to both poke fun at something and still believe it to be a serious matter. Do you really think that Lyndon LaRouche actually intended to become president when he ran?

A lot of the time politics is about making points and forwarding ideas. Colbert and Stewart are both quite liberal yes, but they do put a lot of actual thought into the words that come out of their mouths. It is a comedy program, not hard news, that does not mean that it has to be brainless and not inspire critical thought while still being entertaining.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Wasn't very funny in my opinion. Didn't really see any dismantling of Glenn Beck, kinda boring. :/ Maybe I'm just not awake yet. I'll come back and watch it again later.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Watched the show a day or so later over here in the UK.

Very funny! Loved how he captured Beck's mannerisms and body language and his faux-emotional rollercoaster rides he pretends on a daily basis.

Don't know why some people are so irrate with Stewart's pee-take on Beck. At least he can play down the otherwise sheer embarassment for the US that is Glenn Beck.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Beck goes overboard on many issues, he does raise some good points from time to time. No, let's completely ignore that fact and make the man a laughing stock and anyone who dares to admit they watch him.

"Goes overboard" is a serious understatement. Glenn beck uses every acting ability to manipulate and engage his audience at an emotional (not intellectual) level, then bombards them with fallacious propaganda. That BS needs to be exposed for what it is.

Jon Stewart's bit is funny because it is exposing Glenn beck for what he really is.

Making good points from time to time? Drunk bums on the street make good points from time to time and that doesn't mean they should be on TV telling people what to think.

Journalism is a joke in this country. The only difference is that Jon Stewart is obviously comedy while the crap on fox and msnbc tries to pass for serious news.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
They all serve the same Jewish owners. I don't see why anyone would argue over them, they are really not worth it. In the end, they make each other look like idiots. Glenn Beck appeals to the right-wing, John Stewart appeals to the left-wing, and you know; both are serving the same masters. Wake up people.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the video!

Too bad those of us outside the US can't watch the WHOLE SHOW from the link, I would love to watch this episode in full length!

Hilarious indeed!

thanks!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
haha....Thought this was an excellent expose of Beck's theatrics and his redundant recipes for disaster. Everything leads to disaster.

It was interesting to me for a while to watch Beck develop his style. He didn't start out this way....he slipped a red face in here, and a tear in there, and as his ratings skyrocketed the histrionics increased until he is the buffoon we see today.

As for John Stewart, he is a political satirist, and comedian combined, and doesn't claim to be anything else.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Perhaps this will help some people see through Glenn's chicanery. His train of thought is a trainwreck.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think it's a little harsh for anyone to be bashing on Stewart. If you want politics, turn into a political channel, not comedy central. That would be like saying why doesn't Olberman ever do stand up? Personally, I never miss a day of the Daily Show or the Colbert Report.

You can say what you will about them, but although they present facts in a comedic way, they are still presenting facts and hitting on popular, msm-spun stories.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Always funny to see one strawman idiot made fun of by another strawman idiot, then praised for it by a third strawman idiot.

What's sad is when people see one of those 3 strawman idiots as enlightened because they believe in that idiot's strawman spewings, while laughing at another. What does that make them?

[edit on 3/24/10 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

So why is Stewart a "strawman idiot" ?

He doesn't claim to be a political pundit nor does he market his show as real news. All he ever claims to be is a comedian, same with his show.

How is he a "strawman"

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Jon Stewart is just clever enough to be annoying. Making fun of Glenn Beck is too easy. Really good comedy is rare, like really good music and art. To say that Stewart is a 'comic genius', as some have, is just silly.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That is hilarious!

Also very threatening for those who take Glenn Beck seriously. If people can't see his BS for what it is, then thank God for people like Jon Stewart, who make it so obvious, ANYONE with two brain cells to rub together can see it.

Te mannerisms were SO good!
Beck belongs on The Daily Show. He's is a complete joke.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I thought it was absolutely hysterical.

Did a better job of waking me up than the coffee, so thanks for that

John did a great job capturing Glenn. And the other posters are quite right, but I'll say it again. John Stewart hosts a comedy show, on Comedy Central, he is neither a journalist nor a pundit of some sort, he tells you in nearly every episode he IS A COMEDIAN. I think the show is fantastic, although, I think it's been a little off the past few months, maybe this is the start of some more really funny stuff.

Hmmm.....Let's see Jon graduated third in his h.s. class, and has a b.a. in psych from William and Mary College. Glenn graduated h.s. and never attended college, he's worked in radio since graduating, well between getting clean. At least Jon knows that he playing a role, and tells you often. Glenn simply found a radio platformed that finally worked for him and moved it on over to t.v.(although he still has his radio show). Either he's forgotten that he was playing a role and the character consumed his life, or he believes that his audience is dumber than he is, come on he constantly contradicts himself. He is solely in it for money, and not doing anyone any favors. At least Jon knows that, and provides me with a laugh. Ahh, Jon's show is funny cuz its true, sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

So why is Stewart a "strawman idiot" ?

He doesn't claim to be a political pundit nor does he market his show as real news. All he ever claims to be is a comedian, same with his show.

How is he a "strawman"

That protects him from lawsuits. As anything derogatory that may result in lawsuits can be claimed to be comedy. In fact Fox News claimed they were an entertainment network and not a news network in a lawsuit. Something you would never see them mention on the air.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Jon Stewart does more for politics than most politicians or cable news...

Why? Because he has a damned funny show that makes the younger generation actually interested enough in politics to turn to those other channels to begin with and see just how much truth is in this comedy.

If he is encouraging people to become aware enough to investigate deeper, then how can that possibly be a bad thing?

Little hint to our friends on the right. Youth enjoys a smile far more than being yelled at. Might want to "friendly up" your spokespeople if they actually do want to get the under 50s in their party overall...the issues don't have to change, but seriously...loose the grumpy old man appeal...or meh..just accept the party goes the way of the whigs.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Where do I sign up for the no loud noises and no rubber duckies party?

This is a second line.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

john uses comedy to get both sides of an issue to an audience that would otherwise not hear the issues. I watch him religiously, because not only is he the funniest man on TV(sorry colbert) but he really seems to care about politics and only has the best interest of the people in mind.

yeah, he makes light of the news. thats his job, its political satire at its finest! he openly admits that he is not serious, and compares himself with the likes of southpark (also brilliant)

I always agree with what john says. He takes a critical look at what every major news network, talking head, and politician is saying and puts them in their place, letting america know through humor that these guys are a bunch of blind idiots with no concern for the public.

and he pays credence where it is due. always.

i dont know how you could dislike him, unless you dont watch or you hate to laugh.

CANADIANS go to the "comedy network" (not central) video player. posts the new ep every morning full stream.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
One intolerable douchebag impersonating another intolerable douchebag. Wonderful.

If I come across some feces later this week that looks like another feces, I'll make sure to post pics.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join