It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing but the facts.... Health Care Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I hope this thread will be a place for us to post and discuss and dissect the health care bill segment by segment so we can all see the truth good or bad.

What is in the bill and what does it mean to the average person. All opinions are welcome and hopefully it can be a friendly learning experience about this new life changing bill.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
SEC. 9002. INCLUSION OF COST OF EMPLOYER-SPONSORED HEALTH COVERAGE ON W–2.

democrats.senate.gov... Page 1996 Line 4

I used to, always, try to convince co-workers to press for increases in benefits, such as health insurance, rather than pay increases. Benefits were tax free. Seems that will not be the case, any longer.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
HCR, for the first time in history, will mandate everyone in the nation to keep the coffers of the insurance industry nice and lined. The fines, should you not comply, will be tied to CPI running the risk of increasing prices through inflation. This bill also institutes price controls that will force most health care providers to be unable to provide good service at the government set price unless government socializes manufacturing and raw materials industries.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
HCR, for the first time in history, will mandate everyone in the nation to keep the coffers of the insurance industry nice and lined. The fines, should you not comply, will be tied to CPI running the risk of increasing prices through inflation. This bill also institutes price controls that will force most health care providers to be unable to provide good service at the government set price unless government socializes manufacturing and raw materials industries.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by projectvxn]

There is so much wrong with this Bill it boggles the mind, and that Congress has so arrogantly declared themselves the arbiters of an individuals health care needs is the biggest problem with this Bill should not in any way overshadow the remarkably stupid attempt at price controls set by this legislation. Price controls are not cost controls and no amount of control on price will effect the cost of doing business.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Hmm very good point I hope to see more post just like yours I did not know this and now I do. Thank you

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Nobody knows is answer. The 2,700 page bill was only an outline, a high-level program with a few tactical and reasonable specific tid-bits, like the massively effective tax on tanning beds thats currently being discussed in another thread this evening.

Now that the "bill" has been drafted, the government has to go out and create the over 150 new federal departments that are stipulated in the bill. Each of those will have to have roles, responsibilities, methodologies and general operating guidlines developed approved and implemented. Then the inter-group interactions mapped out and codified. Then all of that has to get rolled out to the states and folks need to be educated. By the time all of that crap is done, a new piece of legislation will have changed and the lot of that paperwork will have be revised and the changes rolled out. That whole change and rollout business will never end and there will be tens of thousands of paper pushing feds doing that work.

While all of that is going on they will need to develop all of the technology that will be needed and used to support this bill. There are large IT shops like IBM and Accenture who are licking their chops to get a piece of that action. All of the technology needs to integrated with all of the paperwork.

In a nutshell,this is the government and they can not do anything. Only a fool publishes a plan with absolutely no clue as to how to effectively implement it. These jackasses have no idea what this will look like in a year, let alone 10.

Oh lets not forget about the behavior elements of this legislation. The government never seems to think that folks will behave in ways they don't predict. They love their social engineering, but never seem to understand that folks are a bit unpredictable. I doubt that when the fools who launched the Great Society and War on Poverty did not anticipate that out of wedlock births in the black community would go from 15% to over 80% in 40 years. Those programs were supposed to "help" folks.

The only thing these folks know about this bill is how to message around it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I tend to agree with you this bill I believe is a open door and we will see many new things come threw it in the coming years.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

One of my main concerns about this Bill is in it's definition of the Quality of Health Care available to those who are Insured under the Goverments plan . Will it be structured like an HMO where the Goverment decides wich Doctor you can get care from according to your ailment ? How will this Bill effect Malpractice Lawsuits against Doctors who misdiagnose a patients condition , or misperscribe medicines that could cause adverse effects to ones personal health ? I see alot of problems under this system if all patients cannot have access to the Best Medical Care available regardless of their ability to pay .

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I have a friend who runs the blood lab at the local hospital in a town of about 300,000 so it is rather big and he says they are all very upset and scared. They are not sure what this will bring and what the future holds.

Why not hold open floor discussions with experts so that we can get a very clear picture. I hate being in the dark and this is a big one.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well i read on Yahoo it will be a 500 billion dollar cut to medicare. Medicare recipients should see an increase in their benefits though. Not sure how that works.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Well i read on Yahoo it will be a 500 billion dollar cut to medicare. Medicare recipients should see an increase in their benefits though. Not sure how that works.

So let me get this straight they are cutting medicare but the benefits go up? Were are they getting the money or how did they restructure it?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Robbing Peter to pay Paul I would Imagine . The restructuring would be achieved by the Old " Shell Game " as usual in this type of Scam .

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here are three more gems:

Sec. 9008. Imposition of annual fee on branded prescription pharmaceutical manufacturers and importers.

Sec. 9009. Imposition of annual fee on medical device manufacturers and importers.

Sec. 9010. Imposition of annual fee on health insurance providers.

We've been told the costs of our health care and insurance will decrease, with the passage of this bill. How can that be possible, with the imposition of all of these new fees.

Don't you think Bristol-Myers Squibb will just increase the price of your Plavix, to offset the fee? How about the increase in the price of an artificial hip or knee? Must be that new math...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

" Don't you think Bristol-Myers Squibb will just increase the price of your Plavix, to offset the fee? How about the increase in the price of an artificial hip or knee? Must be that new math... "

Excellent points there ! I see you are a " Deep Thinker " ......

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Here's anther beauty that just came out. While the members of congress and their staffs are no longer entitled to keep their current health care plan, the house and senate leadership and their staffs are exempt and thus will be able to stay out of the system.

Interesting

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

I thought it was Medicare Advantage that's getting the ax ?

Medicare Advantage is basically medicare benefits administered by private health insurance companies. From what I've read, it provides the same level of service as govt medicare, while costing more money.

top topics

join