It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeshua/Jesus.... The man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have read a lot of threads on this site.. Some have made me learn and some made me angry though the shear ignorance of some people.. So I have decided to talk about Him as just a man...

Was He just a long haired hippy who told us to love? Or was He a mans man who went against the teachings of the day on orderd the rest to follow?

A rebel?

What follows is a scriptural and eye witness account of the "man"......

Yeshua stood on the brazen laver in the biggest temple in the world at the time... herods temple....

The scribes and pharisees were sat in the best seats and Moses seat.. However Yeshua offered His back to them and spoke to the cheap seats... Offering His back to the ruling religious elite was a huge insult to them.. But Yeshua was not there for them but for the average Joe in the cheapseats.. He hated the religious elite as much as we do... And spoke openly against them... What follows is the most famous of His rebuke against them and religion and those that practice it....

Mathew 23

1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe,[a]that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. 4 For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ 8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

In other words do not let anyone be your teacher... God is your teacher.. Do not put any man or woman on a pedestal for we are all equal... God Himself is to be our teacher...

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.[c]

This pastors and priests have done for money... Too look good.. To con people... To extract money.. Even though God said that we are to look after the poor.... And that we are blessed with money and goods to be a blessing to others..

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

They tithed but they just went to themselves... The tithe was for the poor... It never got to them though.. Just to other rich men who would do them favours.. Sound familiar?

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.[f] 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Yeah those folk look good in the eyes of men but inside are just self serving assholes....

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.’ 31 “Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

The Messiah... The Lord condemned all those preachers and false of heart to hell..
If He is God then those folks are in deep trouble no?

Yes they are...

So are all those who try to dupe men with religion.... Our body is the church.. If our hearts have not changed then you are false.. God causes you to care for everyone... But if you just care for yourself... Then you are your own religion and Yeshua's cross is nothing because you put on a false face when you should be showing God who you REALLY are so that you can have truthful relationship.. Like we all have with our dads...

Yeshua, stuck it to the man... Then carried a 600 pound cross 3/4 of a mile after being beaten all night, and stripped of His skin via roman whips and loosing lots of body fluid..

He is a man in every sense of the word.... A real man..

As a man alone I would follow Him anywhere...

It breaks my heart what the so called church has become... Im sure Gods heart is broken too..

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Excellent post man. I totally agree with you on that. Ever since I have been born again, I have definately changed my life for the better. It takes a real man to know your faults and realize your sins and fix them. S and F!!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Right on Yissachar, about time for a thread that is all about respect, learning, and value.... Whether the reader is a believer or not, it show's the truth in Jesus's word's, and the wisdom therein, Like I said, right on... great post, S&F's even though you weren't looking for them... "Shavua Tov" my friend

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If the people knew the truth, what the churches don't want the people to know, they would lose all power and authority.

He spoke in parables for a reason.

Jesus said;
He who understands the true hidden meaning behind my parables shall come to be confused, then when he is confused he shall become amazed, and when he is amazed, he will rule the world.

He who understands the true hidden meaning behind my parables shall not taste death.

The secrets of heaven have been given to you, and I am the key.

Do ye not know that it is yous who are the sons of god?

I cant wait for the awaking to happen!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What is the truth BugByte?
Second line

[edit on 23-3-2010 by ChristIsHere]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Anything written in red ink, in a modern bible, pretty much... to answer your question, "christishere"

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Details about the reality of The Man's Identity are being exacted and coming out now
and it's a great time to be here alive today, you're right on point Yissachar -keep it up!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
www.prestonkdavis.com...

I found this website quite enlightning! enjoy

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
10-4...WELL DONE.
you said others...i like that. that's what i needed.!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
In addition to my OP I would also like to add that Yeshua was a carpenter.. In those days being a carpenter was a middle class occupation yet the tools for it would give you arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger..

The MAN was no pussy... He always went against the rulers of the day but did it with love too...

Real strength...

He was dragged to the Sanhedrin and beaten along the way... He was dragged and beaten to the socalled Judean king who could find no fault in Him... Neither could Pilate who had Him scourged with whips that would rip His flesh away to the point of death... That did not kill Him though... Even after the beatings and the fact that he had lost most of the top layers of His skin, and fluids.... He STILL carried the cross for 3/4 of a mile... YOU try that!!!
Then nails were hammered into Him..... He was whipped and beaten yet in the end He said; "Forgive them".... Even made provisions for His mom whilst He was on the cross!! He said to Yachannon/Johhn to look after her.. He even forgave those who mocked Him hanging there.....

THAT is a man.....

And I love Him because the man is amazing.. Yet he is more!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As soon as you started quoting scripture, i stopped reading, I believe that he was a good teacher, with good intentions, but you just can't trust the bible because it's so corrupted and written to favor christianity.

What about the books that were left out?

What about other sources that write about Jesus?

Why was a large portion of his life not written about?

You can't read the bible and then claim you know who the real jesus was.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I too love Jesus. Your original post was very inspiring and made me feel good to hear someone else say what you did.

When I commune with Jesus I feel Him with me. It kind of makes me feel higher than a Georgia pine. What a feeling it is.

Stand strong.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That was a wonderful post. It was nice to read something so uplifting about his message, when so many around here try to tear him down.

A real man indeed. He's the "one" and I too would follow him anywhere.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
if you think Jesus(Yahushua) was a good teacher...gotcha....read what the teacher said of himself

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I did.. In Hebrew and Aramaic... In its original format... I have been all over the world researching but all points lead to Jerusalem, as all roads lead to Rome...

I am a scientist by trade, and a soldier... they have given privileged access to many documents.....

However... Mannnn.... Yeshua is what alll things boil down too... Whether you believe o r not is of no consequence except to say YOU are sooo loved.. Yes YOU...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Some years ago -maybe a Decade now- I did a thread about the name YeShUaA that
He walked His planet among the creatures of Him with, which occurs 77 times in the TeNaCh
and this inspires me to do it again! It's a long manual process if all you have is a Strongs
(rightly called "Exhaustive"!) because His name is translated variously
"Salvation","Deliverance", "Health", "Help", "Healing" and "Saving" (#3444)!

I can tell you in no uncertain terms what His name means, as He even uses it Himself
-a play on words (a common thing for Him) once when sending a message to Herod!
Lk. 13:32

Ye'ShUaA 'He, Preserving/Storing-up' from the two-letter etymon and root shared with
ShUaAL 'Fox' (as a 'Burrower'), and again when He states His transient state in Lk. 9:58

He refers to Himself as BiN Ha'EDaM 'Built-up/Successor of Humanity', significantly
because He values YOU ("Who do you say that I am?" Lk. 9:20)!

[edit on 2010/3/23 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

The books that were left out were long after the fact... That is why the were not in the canon...

The truth however cannot be found in a book but in the hearts of those who have met Him, and have been truly changed....

You will not hear about those changes in the news or on the TV, but if you are needful of anything... Including just a hug... Then the true church will say hi to you, and help you, and just love you...

Real love changes people.... It causes your heart to care.... And if that hasnt changed.... If you just care about yourself... Then Gods little flock gets shorter by the day....

We are not saved for an easy life... We are saved, then we are bought out of earthly politics to just be there and love on folks no matter what...

We are diplomats of the Kingdom of God....

And if that is the case then we should be loving on our neighbours no?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU
Some years ago -maybe a Decade now- I did a thread about the name YeShUaA that
He walked His planet among the creatures of Him with, which occurs 77 times in the TeNaCh
and this inspires me to do it again! It's a long manual process if all you have is a Strongs
(rightly called "Exhaustive"!) because His name is translated variously
"Salvation","Deliverance", "Health", "Help", "Healing" and "Saving" (#3444)!

I can tell you in no uncertain terms what His name means, as He even uses it Himself
-a play on words (a common thing for Him) once when sending a message to Herod!

As a hebrew His name meanes Yah is salvation.... More literally I AM salvation!....

How much clearer could He be?
Lk. 13:32

Ye'ShUaA 'He, Preserving/Storing-up' from the two-letter etymon and root shared with
ShUaAL 'Fox' (as a 'Burrower'), and again when He states His transient state in Lk. 9:58

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Fact is, before "Christianity" got co-oped by the powerful and misunderstood by the gullible, it was comprised of witnesses to some wild stuff. The guy claimed he was God when speaking to the pharisees ("before Abraham was, I AM")...

people often wonder why God would "incarnate" himself into his own creation to reconcile it instead of just showing himself to everyone and telling it like it is. Well, I happen to think Genesis may be allegory or the cave mans comprehension of some fantastic events that brought about the level of "broken" sentience that we call the "human condition". That condition is incapable of interacting with God absent from the body. Why could Abraham (or Moses?) only see the "back" of God's "majesty" for instance .

The whole "life is in the blood" verse speaks to why Jesus was necessary as a sacrifice...in the old testament it was only foreshadowing the salvation. Why did Jesus need to shed his "DNA" and die? Was there a mechanism outside of human understanding? I believe the literal interpretation of the bible has done more damage than any ideology.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
SmokeandShadow;
Why else would GOD deserve a Name, unless He would relate with You
having a Body (to hug), Feet (to walk with you), a Face (to read), a Hand (to hold),
or would you rather meet Him in a Spacesuit(?), or as a Nuclear WMD?

reply to post by Yissachar1

Click on me Brother, YaH has proved to be most important!
A video from a couple years back is on my website, but it's become a revelation,
On September 3, 1446 BCE at a Mountain called Jabal Al-Loz in Medina Arabia is even greater!

Thanks for seeking, it is the interested people who prove most interesting!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join