It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this *DOCUMENT* proof that J.P. Morgan and Goldman Sachs were behind Iceland's collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I came across this on Wikileaks. It looks like the usual suspects had everything to do with Iceland's bank collapsing. I wonder now, since that worked out for them, if they will be making the same bets elsewhere.

I'm not sure what this means entirely. I know I am missing something but I can't figure it out. Can I get some help?

Here's what I found on Wikileaks:

This document contains an update to a list of 28167 claims, totaling over 40 billion euro, lodged against the failed Icelandic bank Kaupthing Bank hf. The document is significant because it reveals billions in cash, bonds and other property held with Kaupthing by a vast number of investors and asset hiders, including Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanly, Exista, Barclays, Commerzbank AG, etc. It was confidentially made available to claimants by the Kaupthing Winding-up committee.

This is the link

file....__._/file/kaupthing-claims-update.pdf

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This means they bet against the Icelandic bank's hedge fund and influenced the collapse, no?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by devildogUSMC]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

that's pretty much their m.o. these days.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Is this proof of anything illegal, or at least proof that Iceland's bank was intentionally collapsed?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Investors and asset hiders?

I am not sure exactly how this is bad unless they were actually playing a shell game with assets hiding funds. It just sounds like these banks were involved with this country.

Ask yourself this. Why in the hell would GS mess around with lowly Iceland when it can make the entire Icelandic GDP for the entire year in 1 week in futures and commodities markets?

They might have been selling short Icelandic related securities etc. but that is fair game.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I don't think they were in it for the money. I think they wanted Iceland to collapse.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

For what? Their land?

What is your hypothesis and how would this benefit them?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

For what? Their land?

What is your hypothesis and how would this benefit them?

I think these financial elites along with the CFR, NATO, Trilatteral commision, Bilderberg, IMF, World Bank, type people have an agenda that includes, but is in no way limited to, gaining control of the World's money by bankrupting as many nations as possible and then offering a "solution", globally, to "restore economic security".

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I see.

The only problem I have with that is basically that scenario is already in effect. Greece needs money? Here comes IMF. But that could be due to a lot of things more geared towards politics in EU.

IMO the big banks already efficiently control the money flow and if they wanted to be dirty like that they could just frontrun all the news items etc. in the market everyday. I am sure that happens already somewhat of course.

I just don't personally see Iceland as the stepping stone to global domination. But that's my opinion, bring up some concrete information with reputable sources etc. that fits your opinion. I think the NWO is partially real in some regard but IMO this isn't it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

This is a good guess.

You should read this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get to where ProtoplasmicTraveller starts posting. It is a lot of reading, but it is about the most interesting theory (and best fitting theory) i have ever seen.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It could be a huge "Risk" game, don't you think?

What would be the next move, in that game?

Nerdlies - RISK the Movie

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I just don't personally see Iceland as the stepping stone to global domination.

I don't either, but I also don't think they would pass on an easy opportunity that would further their agenda, even if it isn't by very much.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It isn't about stepping stones. It is about taking the money out of the economy and putting it in the pockets of the select few before the nation crumbles. The people left holding the bag are the middle and lower class.

Once this money is siphoned off into the pockets of the ruling class (Rothschilds, etc), they move on to the next disaster in which to profit from.

While this may be about world domination, that step won't happen for awhile. First, they have to keep whittling it down to two sides to choose from globally. Then, once that is done, they can stage their false flag war to establish a global rule. At least, this is how the theory works.

Edit to add: BTW, i see you have "USMC" in your name. If this means you are a current/former soldier, i want to thank you for serving my nation. We love Marines above all the other brave men and women in the service in my house.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Explain yourself again regarding your first paragraph.

They already control all outflows basically of money all over the world.

How would them lining their pockets with extra worthless money if it all went down benefit them?

The correct answer is it would not. Not being mean but that doesn't make any sense to me personally.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Let me explain:

The work performed by the people of Iceland has a value. The products created have a value. If you can create a financial crisis, you can block the flow of money from the top to the bottom. If all the money in any economy starts flowing into only a few coffers, then the money isn't making its way back to the people.

Now, this money may or may not be "worthless"...but all labor has value still. Even when that value diminishes, it still has value. The value of even a diminished economy carries a significant amount of wealth when viewed from an individual basis.

Remember this: the value of the iclandic currency was partly caused by these people. Once they had funneled off all the money in the economy (when i say "money", i really mean "units of value") you saw the currency tank. The sharks had already moved in and left by this point.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Get to where ProtoplasmicTraveller starts posting. It is a lot of reading, but it is about the most interesting theory (and best fitting theory) i have ever seen.

Thanks for pointing this out. It was a very good read that I somehow missed. Star for you.

If anyone hasn't read it yet, please do. It's a little lengthy, but it's worth it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

yeah. i don't know who he is or anything about him other than what he has shared in that thread. he has always been what i consider an insightful poster. But with that one thread i am a fan.

I am glad you enjoyed it. It shows that if i am indeed crazy, my favor of that thread isn't a sign of such. Unless you are crazy, too.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am still not sure I understand.

If you find the time to relate this to some bullet points step by step of how you think this is happening I will take a look. I am not sure I understand the mechanisms in which you believe money flows within that economy.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I may have time later. if not, then i may remember on the weekend. Running a hotel is busy work, for sure!

Like i said, you can read the thread i mentioned above. It has details that may clarify for you in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Appears to show something, if not just an exercise in economic warfare.

These 'secrets' of commerce continue to take an increasingly dark and intensely corrupt turn.

However your inclined to look at the picture, ethics seem to be the salient weak spot in transnational banking affairs, More impetus towards a global control would seem to be the solution....(three guesses on who will call for it).......thankfully, it is not the only solution.

new topics

top topics

join