It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinus surgery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am looking at sinus surgery, possibly. If the third anti-biotic I am trying doesn't work. But after ten years I am gonna take a guess it won't. *smiles*

Have you had sinus surgery, how long are you off work. Does it hurt? What can I expect?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I don't know anything about the surgery, but if the doctors mess up that cute nose, there will be hell to pay..

Wilder style

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Had sinus surgery and I have worse infections than ever from hay fever that i now get that I never had my whole life. The polyps are you re friends!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That is not very encouraging zazz!Now your gonna make me paranoid. But I think I already have rampaging allergies.

I don't have polyps. I guess that is what you had? extra friends that were not invited?

Mine is just fluid build up, building a lot of pressure.

I think my nose is just too small. LOL tribe

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Have to agree with Zazz.. my mother in law had it done, and has worse problems now than ever. I did see something the other day though where they go through the side of the cheek and drill a hole to relieve pressure. Way less invasive and less problems afterwards. I'll try and find what it's called.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
EEEKKKK!

You guys are scaring me!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
lots of garlic and cayenne. Organic garlic is much better. Sure you'll stink -- just eat lots of cilantro and parsley....

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Huh?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My wife had to have sinus surgery about a year ago. It wasn't a huge deal - outpatient thing. The recovery took just a few days and wasn't too horrible. It's done from inside the nose and so there is no external incision which would leave a scar.

Since then the severity and frequency of her .aches has improved substantially, but it's not perfect.

In short, in her case it was worth it, but it doesn't fix everything.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The pain is pretty intense. I feel like someone is taking a hot ice pick and stabbing above each eyebrow. Almost like the menigitis migraine I got. It gets so bad I feel naseaus.
Is this kind of pain normal?
And is there anything I can do in the meantime.
Another 2 weeks to see teh doc feels like torture.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am due to get this done next month myself.

I am in the same situation as you nixie. I have no polyps but I have fluid buildup and pressure that is nearly unbearable. Nothing seems to work and over the years it only seems to have gotten worse.

I have heard good and bad both ways. I am willing to try it because the way things are now it feels terrible.

As for garlic and cayenne well that does little either as I eat that stuff on a regular basis. I just need my channels bored out so I have wider openings.

Raist

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well I am looking at surgery fast approaching, Thursday morning to be exact.

I understand that for sure Thursday after the surgery I will be rather useless due to the drugs and being put under and all. I will do my best to relate my experience throughout the following days though.

I will also do my best to update on further infections and there length and how often they occur compared to beforehand.

Raist

Edit to change the day, I was a day early lol.

[edit on 5/25/10 by Raist]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just got home from the surgery. I feel pretty good, no pain feeling like I am breathing much better than before.

I do feel a bit tired, felt like I had more energy when I got woke up at the hospital. I have some blood draining but that seems normal.

I feel much better breathing wise though. I think I can breathe so much better.

Raist

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just got home from the surgery. I feel pretty good, no pain feeling like I am breathing much better than before.

I do feel a bit tired, felt like I had more energy when I got woke up at the hospital. I have some blood draining but that seems normal.

I feel much better breathing wise though. I think I can breathe so much better.

Raist

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It has been a few days now since I got back from my surgery. I feel pretty good. Never got the black eyes and have had no pain what so ever. I have a little stuffiness here and there but I think that is mainly due to the fact that things are getting out that were there before and I am healing up (scabs/dry blood).

I do think I am breathing better overall though. At this time I am excited with my new sense of being able to breathe better and hope things continue to get better. I am very happy at this time that I have completed the surgery.

Again I did not have polyps or a septum issue I just needed larger drainage channels. For anyone in the same situation, I would recommend the surgery to them (at this time anyway).

Raist

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I had almost forgotten to come back.

I went today for my follow up and go back in about three weeks or so. Things are great at this point healing fine and I can breathe all the time daily now even with some slight stuffiness due to the healing process. I swear I am sleeping better as well.

So far though the surgery is worth it. I still recommend it.

Raist

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I had this surgery done five year's ago and the worst part for me was the bruising afterward's aswell as the removal of the gauze and debri,clotted blood and such from the sinus's.
I would recomend it to anyone.I breathe alot better now.I catch less cold's every year and i dont have as much of a problem with my allergy's as i did before surgery.
So good luck!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KrillsAngelWings

It is possibly because I only got my channels widened, but I did not have bruising.

I am though breathing much better. I mowed the grass the other day with no ill effects. If I do get a slight stuffiness I can still breathe out of both nostrils and it goes away very quickly.

I still believe I am getting a much better quality of sleep since the surgery as well.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

i'd also see a chiro/osteopath beforehand and have them check out your upper cervical vertebrae. especially the atlas/skull junction. this will have a bearing on the efficiency of the sinuses. many .aches are caused from this area also. even if your sinus problem is not caused by tension from the muscles in the upper neck, the operation will go smoother. and if it is, then after adjustments, you will get some immediate relief. thats my experience.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
RAIST,

thank you so much for the information and updates. I am very glad it went well and your feeling fine.

I need the same thing done, just widening of the passageways. But I ended up delaying it, as I have more pressing issues, and the pressue hasn't bothered me as much.

weird, i was ready to bang my . against a wall and then bam, its gone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join