It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, where is the coverage of this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Britain expels Israeli diplomat over Dubai passport row

The UK is to expel an Israeli diplomat over 12 forged British passports used in the killing of Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai in January.

David Miliband said there were "compelling reasons" to believe Israel was responsible for the forgeries.

The foreign secretary said the misuse of British passports was "intolerable".

Israel's ambassador to London, Ron Prosor, said he was "disappointed", but Israel confirmed there would be no tit-for-tat diplomatic expulsion.

Mr Prosor said: "The relationship between Israel and the UK is of mutual importance, hence we are disappointed by the... decision."

Israel has previously said there is no proof it was behind the killing at a Dubai hotel.

'High-quality forgeries'

The foreign secretary said officers from Britain's Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) had investigated the matter of the passports.

There can't be a greater violation of trust for one ally to abuse the passports of another ally

Sir Menzies Campbell

Expulsion 'a strong signal'
It had concluded the passports used were copied from genuine British passports when handed over for inspection to individuals linked to Israel, either in Israel or in other countries, he said.

"Given that this was a very sophisticated operation, in which high-quality forgeries were made, the government judges it is highly likely that the forgeries were made by a state intelligence service," he said.

"We have concluded that there are compelling reasons to believe Israel was responsible for the misuse of the British passports."

The incident "represents a profound disregard for the sovereignty of the United Kingdom" he said.

He said the fact that Israel was a friend added "insult to injury".

The BBC's Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen said the expulsion sent a "very clear message" of British disapproval.

"It is a very big step for a government like the British to expel one of the diplomats belonging to one of its important allies," he said

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just watched the news and this really caught me by suprise, The british must have very strong reasons to make this public by expelling an isreali diplomat.

With all the talk about zionists controlling the world you would think this kind of thing would be stopped before it even started?.

I find the passport forgery part of the story really intriguing, didnt they find passports after 911? are most of the 'hi jackers' not alive and protesting their very much aliveness?

Interesting link between both cases, what do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i think iirc they said it was mossad who faked the pasports

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All thats happening is miliband says to the ambassador go on holiday for a month or two till we get the election out the way. we'll make a big song and dance about how you've made us angry and we've kick you out so we can get the muslim and anti israel vote. when the elections over you can come back. and its business as usual.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Even so its highly unusual for me too see this kind of news actaully being reported by mainstream media.

It reads like a spy novel or something

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
badvok123 I make you right there.

Stage 2: Tit for tat expulsion of British diplomat from Israel - even stevens or will they ? It would be unprecedented for embassy decorum not to dictate such a move .

As an aside though the anti Israel drum sure is beating when we also consider Obama's dislike of the new settlement to be built - what's building here ?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Exactly. This is a major crime here. Expelling the ambassador is socially a big deal, but in reality it is meaningless, unless they back it up with other actions. It is strictly to make the public think that they are doing something, when they are really doing nothing.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think the fact israel not playing tit for tat say's it all. its just theatre.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It has been really Hush Hush... Disturbing....

Here are the events leading up to the assassination. Interesting watching the operation take place....

I do find it out of place that they are just now kicking the Diplomat out when this happened in January...

I do not know how trustworthy this source is however....

-Kdial1

[edit on 23-3-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by slidingdoor

Maybe if israels neighbours think they've fallen out with they're allies. they might think its right time too attack. just a theory i doubt it though.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by badvok123]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by badvok123
reply to post by slidingdoor

Maybe if israels neighbours think they've fallen out with they're allies. they might think its right time too attack. just a theory i doubt it though.

I get what your saying but there is alot of chatter about isreal getting ready to bomb iran.

It works both ways i suppose.

I dont think isreal gives a #e about anybody except isreal but thats just my opinion

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

sorry didn't explain properly what i meant was if iran think israels got no friends they might attack which gives the US and our government a good excuse to come along and save the day and invade iran. But like i said its just an idea.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Binyamin Netanyahu has only just got off the stage in Washington with an appalling speech. The passport identity theft story has been rumbling on this last while, and is serious. There could be repercussions for us all, it's hard to know just which way it will all go but Britain and the US are pretty pissed with Israel and Mossad at the moment, and of course the Saudis, er, quite rightly made this story possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Is it possible that the British gov gave them the passports? Then after the cat got let out of the bag, they decided to do some damage control?

top topics

join