It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Dare You Mr. President and Congress...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by commie chameleon
Sounds like to me you forgot to take your meds on time.

Are you speaking to me?

Mistaken Reading Or Character Assassination? Which Is It, Please?

I suggest you read that entire post before you reply again.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I just have one simple question It is not for anyone imparticular just anyone who is so staunchly against the bill I guess. :

Have you read the bill? The full 2000 page bill? Do you truly know what is actually in there? Or are you just going off of what other people have told you?

If that is the case, I really think you should read the bill and see for yourself what it is all about before you make a judgment.... and that goes for EVERYONE.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I believe that's read the @#%$ bill, like in this video....

www.breitbart.tv...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I just have one simple question It is not for anyone imparticular just anyone who is so staunchly against the bill I guess. :

Have you read the bill? The full 2000 page bill? Do you truly know what is actually in there? Or are you just going off of what other people have told you?

If that is the case, I really think you should read the bill and see for yourself what it is all about before you make a judgment.... and that goes for EVERYONE.

I can only speak to my own actions, I have read the bill, entirely.

Interpretation, however, is at the discretion of those who are or are not knowledgable of the legalese, politico-speak, and double-speak hidden within.

I assure you, I have read this bill, and all others referenced herein.

It has been suggested I be a Detective, Attorney General, Lawyer, and candidate for President.

Among many other professions, due to my knowledge of all things Government.

I was a Security Officer, at a hospital, where our swipe badges, contained electronic devices, while smaller than, were similar to this R.F.I.D.

I have cited books, websites, information and continued to speak to those.

As well, I have many threads on the R.F.I.D. device, and could have cited them.

Not to other people, as in character assassination, name-calling, nor partisan bickering.

As well, my actions throughout this thread have been shown to be above board.

If you would like I will U2U you my resume to back up my knowledge, it is extensive.

As always, glad to have a Moderator on any thread of mine, you are most welcome.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I can only speak to my own actions, I have read the bill, entirely.

Interpretation, however, is at the discretion of those who are or are not knowledgable of the legalese, politico-speak, and double-speak hidden within.

I assure you, I have read this bill, and all others referenced herein.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

That would make you more of a Subject Matter Expert on this than most of the people in congress that voted for it and likely all of the people flaming you here on ATS for your positions. I think they should allow you those words for your avatar. Maybe more would pay attention to what you have to say and less attention to just "shooting the messenger".

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here's what they should do... Offer an Opt-Out Program. You sign a waiver and opt out of insurance and when you need healthcare, you have to pay for it up front. If you can't pay, you don't get the healthcare. The government won't subsidize your lazy ass who wants to ride the system for free at the expense of others.

Otherwise, everyone pays and the government subsidizes people who fall under their appointed thresholds.

This won't work though due to the Hippocratic oath; "First, do no harm". And that policy would definitely harm people.

How many people out there have never been to a doctor? How many people have never needed medical attention in some form? I don't think I've met ANYONE in the last 10 years that hasn't been to the doctor for one reason or another. And the majority of those people couldn't afford out of pocket a life threatening injury or illness if it happened. Insurance is the only way to prevent that. And government regulated health insurance (not health care) is the only way to ensure that it stays affordable. The majority of the changes in this big-ass bill are to regulate the expenses of health care through a competitive health insurance plan.

Anyone who says any different is lying or hasn't read most of the bill. These are the same people previously whining about death panels and mandatory micro-chipping. The immediate benefits alone make the bill worth it. The benefits from 2012-2020 make this a slam dunk for the American people.

Stupid people will panic and gnash their teeth and wail. Smart people will get informed and reap the benefits. it's not a foolproof system, but it's a hell of a lot better than the one we have.

How dare you scare the uninformed easily panicked and take advantage of them like this...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

What is the real problem with this whole thing, is the codes they will write to codify this legislation.

Now, the CMS will be tasked in writing the code.

Cannot wait to see what the codes ACTUALLY say.

Yeah, think about the Income Tax legislation and the now instituted IRS Code book.

Just let that sink in and eat your guts. Besides the tax accountant or preparer. Now, we are going to need a whole new field of study and of business. Think about it, before the IRS, did people need these frelling tax lawyers, accountants and preparers?

Self frelling perpetuated, monstrous bureaucracies!

Okay, maybe I need to step back and work more on my Declaration. Solution instead of problem.

I still think your RFID component and the elimination of actual CASH is more a problem. But the necessary implementation of a WHOLE new bureaucracy. Of course they say it will not be necessary. But yeah, they are really trustworthy.

Maybe it is time to start minting our own silver for barter, ooops, is that illegal?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Were we ever supposed to be put in the position of having to read proposed legislation? No We weren't. Thats why we have elections and send representatives to Washington. We cant trust them and now are put in the position of having no more than a few days at the most to pour over 3000 some pages of legalese. Getting our moneys worth there!

Our representatives aren't doing their jobs and are now part of a new phenomenon that has never existed before. They are voting for bills to see what's in them! And that's what's got people pissed. Its what got me pissed. They're just passing anything or rejecting anything along party lines. Actually, I'll take that back. There were quite a few democrats that had the courage of their convictions and voted against party lines. But I digress.

The population should never have to be concerned with the daily happenings of the government ( I stress daily ). This breeds discontent. Lately it seems we cant trust them to make a move without putting something in place that puts the screws to us. The John Conyers/Nancy Pelosi mentality has to go. We need to get trustworthy people of character in there on both sides of the fence that we can trust to read the bills before they vote on them.

[Edited for Spelling]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I got 3/4 of the way through it so far,
it's a nightmare!
Lets look at that page count again, and explain WHY it needs to be sooooooo big and sooooo complicated, and soooo convoluted and ambiguous.
It's a doorway into your entire life disguised a solution to a problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

so let me get this straight- your emloyees are not performing their appointed duties, and now you are having to go thru 3,000 pages of legislation in just a few days (because you cant trust them,as well)? And on top of that, when you tell the employees theyre fired, they ignore you? (and this is after ALL the other stuff that has happened!)

Indeed, what a curious predicament. What counter measure do the people have for that? Not much, considering the patriot act. The general mood seems to be that everyone is blogging but no action is being taken. Its also pointless that all those snake career politicians probably laught at all the threats and stuff that people (who are frustrated) keep sending them in the mail. CNN is reporting like hundreds of cases where that is happening in the last few days. It only provides them more face time on msm, playing the "victim" to distract everyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.13.2012
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

so let me get this straight- your emloyees are not performing their appointed duties, and now you are having to go thru 3,000 pages of legislation in just a few days (because you cant trust them,as well)? And on top of that, when you tell the employees theyre fired, they ignore you? (and this is after ALL the other stuff that has happened!)

Indeed, what a curious predicament. What counter measure do the people have for that? Not much, considering the patriot act. The general mood seems to be that everyone is blogging but no action is being taken. Its also pointless that all those snake career politicians probably laught at all the threats and stuff that people (who are frustrated) keep sending them in the mail. CNN is reporting like hundreds of cases where that is happening in the last few days. It only provides them more face time on msm, playing the "victim" to distract everyone.

I guess our only course of action is familiarize ourselves with their philosophies and ideologies ( Mao, Marx ), that way we can see one of them coming a mile away when they use their code words. We work toward ridding the government of them through the current system. Granted, it wont happen over night because these hippies have been entrenching themselves for quite some time now but every journey starts with a single step. To use beloved leaders own words " If not us who? If not now when? "

They didn't use violence to take power and if someone uses violence against them to try to take their power it will only serve to solidify there power. That being said its my opinion that they want a degree of violence because they can use that to paint their enemies with an extremist label.

We just need to do what they've been doing...Identify---> assimilate---> overcome.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Someone gets thrown in jail. Guess what they will receive there........medical care.

Really? Are you serious? HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS THIS OK?
Put in jail for not buying health insurance? I am stunned at some of these comments.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Someone gets thrown in jail. Guess what they will receive there........medical care.

Put in jail for not buying health insurance? I am stunned at some of these comments.

Wow, I never thought of that! That is so true and funny! So what I can do if I need a procedure is just get arrested ( you just cant do it..you have to do it with style ) and I can go to jail and get treatment! I guess we have to keep our options open.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

The IRS is in charge of collecting the fines (er... I mean taxes) if you choose not to purchase health insurance.

What happens if you don't pay your taxes?
More often than not, you go to jail.

So, if you don't purchase this product from a private company, you will be taxed (it's called a fine by normal people).

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Our representatives aren't doing their jobs and are now part of a new phenomenon that has never existed before. They are voting for bills to see what's in them! And that's what's got people pissed. Its what got me pissed. They're just passing anything or rejecting anything along party lines. Actually, I'll take that back. There were quite a few democrats that had the courage of their convictions and voted against party lines. But I digress.
Can someone explain to me how we are being REPRESENTED by our congressmen, when they vote for a bill and admit that they don't know what is in it?

When the Speaker of the House says we have to pass this so we can see what's in it?

Anyone out there sign contracts without reading them?

Not me.

This amounts to taxation without representation! We are not being represented when things are done in this fashion.

I am stunned that we are being admonished for not reading the bill in it's entirety when our elected representatives VOTED IT INTO LAW WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT WAS IN IT. (by their own admission)

[edit on 26-3-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Speaker Pelosi said we have to pass this so people can see what is in it...is a reference to what the people do not know and have not been told about this bill... they will like.

Way to grab a talking point and run with it.

You will see in the next 30 days...not only will they like it they will despise everyone who played a part in keeping it from them.

And where will all the people who bashed this bill be then?
Groveling groaning and complaining about something else this President has done by then.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

So how about a talking point.....

President Obama bragging on the day the bill was signed, how many uninsured children would be helped, because they were uninsurable due to pre-existing conditions.

OOPS!

It didn't get into the bill!

But the great Obama didn't know that, or anyone in congress apparently!

They fixed that last night.

Why? Because someone told them what was in the bill!
Yep, they knew what was in there! Right.

You just keep believing them.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

People are imperfect. I don't expect perfection and I don't want war. My choices are limited. I do the best I can considering what I am up against. I think Obama does also. Compare him to Bush who is NWO all the way. At the end of both Presidencies I'd like to count deaths and see who comes out ahead. Believe who YOU want.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I don't believe any of them.

And I certainly do not trust them.
Imperfect is one thing, but I do not feel adequately represented by my federal elected officials, especially after this night train debacle.

As much as you want to presuppose, I don't listen to or watch the MSM. Nor am I a Republican or Democrat. Registered Independent with Libertarian ideals.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join