It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Panicking Over Healthcare Reform!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The end of America?

You must be kidding me.

Why? Because a child now has health care until age 26 under their parents plan, if as of today, and they are a part time student had none?

Why? Because now if you have a pre-existing condition you are bankrupt? After it is enacted in six months people will have coverage (that they still pay premiums for) and will maintain some semblance of a life?

Why? Because as of now there are caps and if you get cancer you will die painfully and with again, bankrupting your family? But in six months, there will be no caps, so at least you can again, die in dignity and some peace of mind.

You people are ridiculous! No one cried about our country entering a civil war and the downfall when we attacked three sovereign nations, at the expense of not only our national treasury, but our youth!

So a minor health care bills screams for a revolution when the twin towers were hit by airplanes which caused them to free fall to the ground? When building 7 across from the twin towers free fell as well with documented audio saying "pull it"?

Look at what our past leadership brought upon America and cry!

And by the way, as a famous documentarian said this morning on a radio interview, Conservatives should be happy with this bill as it is creating tens of thousands of customers for the insurance, pharmacy companies and stockholders of such! Capitalist should be in heaven (don't hear much complaints from wallstreet).

Oh, and you so called patriots... who are so worried about the rights of your fellow americans.. the mandatory coverage isn't in place until 2014. So 30- 40,000 people without coverage will have died before it kicks in (hope it isn't anyone in your family!).

One last note: America will be the dominant stabilizing force of the 21st century. Read a book entitled "The next 100 years: a forecast for the 21st century" by George Friedman.

We are one nation, Let's act like it!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The bill could have been done better, it could have included all of those things without making it mandatory (or be fined) to have insurance, it could have provided for everyone without the unconstitutionality of the bill.

It's not that reform isn't needed, and I'm the first ot agree that it is, the bil that they passed, however is not the way to do it.

I heard it best earlier. "At no time in our history has the government made purchasing a product form a private company a condition on which your citizenship and rights to life, liberty and happiness is rest upon."

And that's where the problem is, this is a very very scary prospect, if it had been a single payer, government run health care plan like they have in Europe or Canada, then it would be different, but to force purchase from private companies or fine someone, is just wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hm, one can't help but wonder why you posted this thread? Do you hope to learn something? Educate others? It seems you are hating on people for being dis-trustful of the reform. Sure hope not the case... ONLY time will tell; not your opinions, not what Barack tells us, not what our congressman tells us, only TIME will tell you.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RadiatorOfTheLight

Dear radiator, those weren't opinions, they were facts, why don't you check them out!

By the way, it's been six months and my daughter thanks president Obama for this!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Just thought I would resurrect this to remind people of what's important.

Think about the future.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Why? Because a child now has health care until age 26 under their parents plan, if as of today, and they are a part time student had none?

Why stop at 26? Kids should live with their parents until they are 45 and be covered with their mommies insurance.

Why? Because now if you have a pre-existing condition you are bankrupt? After it is enacted in six months people will have coverage (that they still pay premiums for) and will maintain some semblance of a life?

You wreck your car, then call the insurance company and get some insurance to cover your costs. How's that any different than taking health insurance after diagnosed with a condition? Who pays for it? Other people in the plans group.. Not to mention the fact that insurance premiums for pre existing conditions are going to be astronomical..

Why? Because as of now there are caps and if you get cancer you will die painfully and with again, bankrupting your family? But in six months, there will be no caps, so at least you can again, die in dignity and some peace of mind.

This is true, insurance caps were unethical to an extreme.

Oh, and you so called patriots... who are so worried about the rights of your fellow americans.. the mandatory coverage isn't in place until 2014. So 30- 40,000 people without coverage will have died before it kicks in (hope it isn't anyone in your family!).

Ohh well as long as my rights are not raped for another 2 years it's all good..

We are one nation, Let's act like it!

Leave me the hell alone. Steal someone elses hard earned money.. I'll take care of myself, I suggest you do the same.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Because a child now has health care until age 26 under their parents plan, if as of today, and they are a part time student had none?

If people are considering persons that are 26 as still being a 'child' we have some very serious issues to contend with.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

When 70% of "kids" 18-26 are living with their parents, it's easier to call it normal than say .... fix the problem.

The worst part about it isn't even the coddling of our 20 somethings.. but the huge detrimental effects on 18+ year olds that actually move out on their own.

For instance I moved out a few months after turning 18. When I tried to go to college, even though I worked and supported myself in my crappy little apartment, ALL of my student loans and aid were all determined on my parents income because of stupid laws like Obamacare (which extends the length of financial dependency past age 24 now) .. you have three choices to get off your parents income, two if your a guy. 1. get pregnant and have a dependent of your own (I mean ... child) .. 2. Get married. 3. Wait till you're in your mid 20's to go back to school. Idiots like the OP never see the detrimental aspects of government rules and regulation..

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It's not an extreme if you consider someone as going through college to attain a degree, they remain a dependent.
Which no one that moves out at 18 years old and gets a minimum wage job is going to afford health insurance anyways.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The end of America is going to come about with nationalized healthcare, the Chevy Volt, section 8 housing and food stamps.

Because we now have a governmnt that can tell us where to live, what to eat, what to drive, and what we can do with our own bodies.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The US is comprised of way too many cold climate areas to have electric vehicles become the norm.
Unless Boehner is personally going to jump start everyone in Green Bay each morning.

I think Starbucks is more of a threat at this point than the elctric vehicle.
edit on 19-12-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
reply to post by RadiatorOfTheLight

Dear radiator, those weren't opinions, they were facts, why don't you check them out!

By the way, it's been six months and my daughter thanks president Obama for this!

It's also a fact that because of this legislation, American citizens are FORCED to PURCHASE Insurance and have the IRS sicked on them if they don't. Can't afford insurance, well just pay the 1500 dollar a year fine! Just plain disgusting, and you wonder why conservatives think it's nuts.
Nnot to mention, now Uncle Sam is involved in coaching you on when to die so you don't burden your family, you know a la Keith Olberman's disgusting display on national tv of how his father begged him to pull the plug.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

When 70% of "kids" 18-26 are living with their parents, it's easier to call it normal than say .... fix the problem.

The worst part about it isn't even the coddling of our 20 somethings.. but the huge detrimental effects on 18+ year olds that actually move out on their own.

For instance I moved out a few months after turning 18. When I tried to go to college, even though I worked and supported myself in my crappy little apartment, ALL of my student loans and aid were all determined on my parents income because of stupid laws like Obamacare (which extends the length of financial dependency past age 24 now) .. you have three choices to get off your parents income, two if your a guy. 1. get pregnant and have a dependent of your own (I mean ... child) .. 2. Get married. 3. Wait till you're in your mid 20's to go back to school. Idiots like the OP never see the detrimental aspects of government rules and regulation..

And the Obamas have the gall to promote volunteerism instead of getting jobs in the private sector.
edit on 19-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

A 2400 page piece of legislation is minor? Interesting. It is one of the most Draconian pieces of legislation since FDR's New Deal, no wait, since 1913.

And check this out

The Office of the Actuary at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) estimates that 14 million Americans would lose or be transitioned out of their employment-based health insurance.[10] Former CBO Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin and Cameron Smith estimate that as many as 35 million Americans could be transitioned out of employer-based coverage as a result of the economic incentives driving employers to dump employees into heavily subsidized health plans in the congressionally designed state health insurance exchanges. Given the generosity of these subsidies, the real cost of the new law could skyrocket and increase the deficit by $554 billion in the first 10 years and $1.4 trillion over the succeeding 10 years.[11]

www.heritage.org...

So thanks for nothin

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

A 2400 page piece of legislation is minor? Interesting. It is one of the most Draconian pieces of legislation since FDR's New Deal, no wait, since 1913.

Indeed......

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

new topics

top topics

join