It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions Turn Favorable On Health Care Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I think everyone who is disabled or has a disabled family member or who has been denied coverage from a pre-existing condition, like you and I are going to have a much better future and not have to live in constant fear of losing everything in order to simply live. Hopefully some people who have been living with this kind of life and death fear can safely start investing in and participating in the world and the economy again.

I lost a business and everything I had ten years ago when I first became ill, having already been denied coverage because of a bout of serious depression when I was in my twenties so I do know about which I speak.

May you be healthy, productive and prosperous, kinda kurious. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

I don't know if more people are talking about support or those who are against it have said all they have to say and are so pissed, they can't see straight. These things tend to ebb and flow, just as poll results do.
There's been plenty of negative threads about this bill in the past month. Very few positive ones. Now that it's law, supporters are more likely to feel free to have their say.

It's really too bad this bill got so corrupted. It could have been a great thing. I don't think it's worthless or dangerous as so many do, but it could have been a lot better.

But in the end, I agree with Biden. This is a freaking big deal!

[edit on 3/23/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have to say that i looked threw the bill myself and as an unisured american i should be happy that something like this hppened but I am not happy with this not in the lest. Once we as americans start paying out of pocket aka higher taxes on just about everything, cutting school budgets, amounst other things the down turn is going to be bad on this thing. Do people really know what they are getting all happy about. Here where I am there is already talk on raising certian taxes and cutting school budgits. If me not haveing health care means my kids can have a better education so be it.

Once the hype dies down and everyone really sees what this is all about then people are not going to such big supporters of this bill. I never really was in the first place.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by ladyintheshadows]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm pretty happy with the bill, because as a Canadian, I'm hoping that the bill will bring some of our doctors (and the good American ones) back home.

It'd be nice to not have to search for 3 years just to find a doctor who's taking in new patients because the decent ones are all overworked. And it'd be nice to not have to wait in the emergency room for 6+ hours with no help or pain relief just because you weren't obviously on the verge of death.

And I heard rumours that this may not be an issue anymore, but maybe I wouldn't keep having doctors who force me to give them only 1 symptom per appointment because they get paid by OHIP (Ontario health insurance) per appointment.

If I'm American, I'd be pissed off at how this all unfolded. It's an iffy bill you guys are taking on. It could be alright with a lot of restraint on the government's part, but it is too easy to slip into corruption/control, so this doesn't look good at all for those south of our border I mean, it's not going to be the end of the world like how some are reacting, but there will be huge changes.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just keep laughing and smiling BH, KK and everyone else that's in favor of this bill. You can have your precious insurance but you may find yourself out of a job because of this bill.

Come Novermber or when the SHTF because of this health care bill, I'll be the one pointing the finger and laughing at you all, just the way you are all doing right now to those of us who opposed this bill because we were genuinely concerned about how it would affect this great nation.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Come Novermber or when the SHTF because of this health care bill, I'll be the one pointing the finger and laughing at you all, just the way you are all doing right now to those of us who opposed this bill because we were genuinely concerned about how it would affect this great nation.

This sort of negative wishful thinking I will never understand...

To KK and ChrisCrikey, I'm really glad for both of you. I also know people who are going to benefit greatly from this legislation, and it's really nice to see that the criminal practice of preventing people from getting health insurance simply because of their health issues is finally coming to an end.

What an archaic system we used to live under. I have been fortunate enough so far to not have any major recurring medical issues, save for a handful of accidents that required minor surgeries. I can finally relax knowing that even if the worst happens (and eventually it does to everyone), that at least I will still be able to get insurance afterward.

Best wishes to everyone who's life just got a little bit easier!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

This sort of negative wishful thinking I will never understand...

Yes, because I'm sure you're just so much better than everyone else who thinks in a similar fashion. I get it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
...i'm withholding my opinion on this deal for a while because, right now, its about as clear as muddy water... i see some good things but theres a lot of crap too... nothing is going into effect immediately... 2013 - 2014 is the projection for when the ironing-out is all done and, hell, we're all gonna die in 2012 anyways -
- so whats all this fussin' about?...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The bill as a whole is crap, there are a few good points in the bill, but the financing and and certian other things aka the abortion part of the bill, need a cutting down. we need to cut the fat from it so to speek. When something like healthcare starts to effect our schools and the money we have to spend to make a better life for our kids to have a better life. As of now i can bairly afford my apartment and to take even more money from us is just wrong.

In fact not long ago i tried to get my kids on medicade and they wanted $300 before I could take them to a doctor. All that because my husband make a certian amount. Now that this bill has passed it is only going to cost us more to take the kids to the doctor.

I don't have insurance I gave it up so that we can make it by on what little we have. I get sick at lest a few times a year, but I refuse to take medical care because I want my kids healthy and get a good education.

This bill is going to force the ever so tighting budget of the city, states, and families only tighter. I realize there is good and bad in this bill but our opinion as american citizens we never trully heard on this issue. I guess ignorance is truly bliss.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ladyintheshadows]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I have to wonder how people that can take things like this seriously keep from chewing off their finger when eating fried chicken. Follow the money but this is not about the truth is it it is about change that you and they feel we need. I say stick you change were the sun does not shine.

The worm will turn and with lines being this deep in the sand I fear for the very stability of the nation. Polarized does not even come close and this has no end in the near future it will only grow and grow. And Hopefully it is settled with votes but only time will tell.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have the bill and am trying to sort thru it. 2074 pages of short statements, cross references, and such
but right off the top, I just have one serious reservation about it more than anything else

Its mainly a giant amendment to the already impossible to decode IRS tax "law"

you know, the one law that really wasn't passed anyway
so, how nice to even complicate the system more, provide dozens of new loopholds that will exempt, restrict, give grants, divert more cash from persons pockets, and add more employees to the gov for administration

get the bill and read it...then we can all discuss intelligently

dr

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr dodge
I have the bill and am trying to sort thru it. 2074 pages of short statements, cross references, and such
but right off the top, I just have one serious reservation about it more than anything else

Its mainly a giant amendment to the already impossible to decode IRS tax "law"

you know, the one law that really wasn't passed anyway
so, how nice to even complicate the system more, provide dozens of new loopholds that will exempt, restrict, give grants, divert more cash from persons pockets, and add more employees to the gov for administration

get the bill and read it...then we can all discuss intelligently

dr

good idea if people want the actual thing in pdf format let me know i got it. We need to read it before we get in to a tizzy over this. Sad thing is I already did and i have my issues with the bill plainly stated as in my former posts. to deny ignorance means to know what you are getting upset about.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
BH, I wish I could be a fly on the wall just to watch the reaction on your face when you receive the first bill from Obama asking for payment of healthcare services.

Be careful what you "hope and change" for, because I think you just got it!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I haven't seen much derisive laughter or finger-pointing as a result of this bill being passed. It seems to me that people on ATS who supported this bill have been pretty civil and restrained overall. Like BH.

There are many, like me, who believe there's a lot that's imperfect about the bill. There's a lot that needs to be amended. The passage is not grounds for crowing. But there's some good in it, too.

Starting last Tuesday, small business owners who have health insurance for their employees can immediately file for tax credits. People who have been deemed uninsurable can immediately get health insurance now. And those are just two examples of positive changes as a result of this bill.

I feel glad that some steps have been made in the right direction. I do not feel any ill-will toward you or others who believe this bill will have disastrous consequences.

There is plenty of room for the doubters and the doomsayers on ATS as well as the affirmers and eternal optimists. That hasn't changed and I hope it never will.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Thanks for your kind words. Will do.

I can honestly say that despite your inability to see past the partisan BS, I hope you are somehow aided by the passage of this legislation. Whether I feel you deserve it or not, it will benefit every American.

The kindred and altruistic spirit of the Democratic Party is why I maintain my loyalty among it's ranks. They are about promoting the greater good. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all laugh together some day.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The health bill is just something to hang the hate on a halfblack man for giving the GOP a "thumpin" as "W" once said. The reason the health bill is the focus is because Rush, Sean and Beck said it was. If the GOP was promoting this bill and Rush, and the rest of the rightwing talking heads said this was divinely inspired the Right would be supporting it and going Yeehawww!

It's not about policy. Just transparent whine by the losers of an election.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

My friend, my dearest friend, the HCR is the biggest fiasco that is going to hit this nation very soon when the amendments been worked into are finalized.

What I have learned from the fight in congress right now during this amendments and what will be wiped out of the bill is going to make this nation turn against the government very soon.

Is so sad that we have been deceived this way.

Is not and never was any regulations of the private insurance in the bill

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

lmao
It's a lie !!!

USATODAY also said JFK was shot by Oswald
USATODAY also said 9/11 was done by Al Queda
USATODAY also said there are no Aliens
USATODAY is MSM and owned by TPTB

you can believe that BS poll if u want to
but I find it to be disinformation
and propaganda. It is a way to get
the crowds to quiet down while
they regroup their next strategy.
It is a stalling maneuver as used in any battle.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Wait until taxpayers find out how much more they will be paying in taxes...

From what I read the surtax will hit those with a joint income bracket of $350,000-500,000, 500,000-1 mill, and 1mil+ per year at 1%, 1.5%, and 5.4% respectively.

The 1.2% of Americas highest earners would be hit with a surcharge.

Are all of those outraged falling into those brackets?
I doubt it, personally.

One of the more vocal members here at ATS expressing outrage in a popular thread is homeless and would of course be unaffected by this aspect at least.

...and premiums.

That is situational and certainly not the rule for all. On average premiums increase at around 10% annually, and although this bill will slow the rise of premium costs for a time it will raise the costs for SOME Americans.

Mainly for the individual market, but...

Health care reform does not increase premiums and boot people out of their coverage

On Nov. 30, 2009, the Congressional Budget Office, or CBO, released a detailed analysis on how health insurance premiums might be affected by the Senate Democrats' health care bill. The CBO is an independent agency whose estimates for pending legislation are considered nonpartisan and rigorous.

The CBO reported that, for most people, premiums would stay about the same, or slightly decrease. This was especially true for people who get their insurance through work. (Health policy wonks call these the large group and small group markets.) People who have to go out and buy insurance on their own (the individual market) would see rates increase by 10 to 13 percent. But more than half of those people -- 57 percent, in fact -- would be eligible for subsidies to help them pay for the insurance. People who get subsidies would see their premiums drop by more than half, according to the CBO. So most people would see their premiums stay the same or potentially drop. Politifact.c om

...the individual market would see an increase of 10-13% yet more than half of them would be eligible for subsidies to reduce the costs by 56-59%.

With so little new information available, I see no reason for the upturn

Same with the level of outrage, but yes I agree.
Perhaps though, some have taken the time to look more into the bill.

I think we all should be more informed. That way the talking heads don't get everyone into a panic with alarmist rhetoric before they fully comprehend the situation. Some of which are claiming this to be the "end of America" and that the bill will make "your Granny will die faster".

Good grief.

Anyone looking to these bozos for direction will be in a frenzied panic without even reading paragraph one.

We need to take a breath.

Mostly we need to turn off a lot of these talk radio shows and heavily slanted news programs that cause more rage than rational thought.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Anyone looking to these bozos for direction will be in a frenzied panic without even reading paragraph one.

That's what the bozos are counting on. When they get up there and start talking about the tax burden on "America", they're talking about their own income bracket, but they don't say that. They let the guy who makes $40K think his taxes are going up. They're trying to pass off to the American people that THEY will be the ones paying for this, when in reality, it's the bozos, themselves and the others who are making $500K+ whose taxes are going to go up.

That's why I keep saying that Americans are outraged because they are TOLD by the pundits to be outraged. They believe what Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity are passing off to them. It's really sad...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join