It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the rebuke of Israel by US and others sincere?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Caveat Lector

I think there is justification in the rebuke, but I doubt whether its sincere. I support Israel and believe it has a right to exist and to take reasonable measures to defend itself. I think Israel could be justified if it took reasonable measures to snuff out Iran's nuclear program. I think Israel is often justified when it makes incursions into Palestinian areas to fight terrorists.

At the same time, I believe Israel must make a good faith effort to negotiate with the Palestinians. The announcement regarding the buildings in East Jerusalem was bad timing and showed a lack of good faith on Israel's part. I can see why the Biden, Clinton, et. al. would be upset.

I do, however, question the sincerity of the rebuke. I wonder if the US knew what was going down from the beginning, and may even helped coordinate as part of a distancing campaign.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
CALLER CITES "EPICENTER TEAM" WEBSITE ON RUSH LIMBAUGH SHOWShare
Today at 12:25pm
RUSH: Julie in Buies Creek, North Carolina. Hello.

CALLER: Hello, Rush. It's an honor to speak with you. The reason I was calling is because I wanted to draw attention to the way Obama has been treating Israel. It's a disgrace the way Netanyahu was treated (scoffs), but I subscribe to Joel Rosenberg's website, and on his website today Rosenberg says, one of the most disturbing things was not only the way Obama has been pressuring Netanyahu to give up land in Jerusalem, but also he spent most of the day on the phone yesterday with Britain, France, and Germany trying to basically convince them to do the same. I guess the reason it's so upsetting is because this is the first American president that has ever tried to basically create an alliance against Israel, one of our greatest allies.

RUSH: Yeah, I know. I've said it all, but I've got the solution to the problem, and I'm going to tell you.

CALLER: Okay. (laughs)

RUSH: I do. I'm going to call him. I know Bibi Netanyahu. I'm going to call him up and say, "There's an easy way to fix this. Change the name of the country to 'Iran.'"

CALLER: (giggling) There you go! (giggling) There you go.

RUSH: It's all they'll have to do, change the name of the country to "Iran" and problem solved. (laughing) (interruption) What, Dawn? You think I'm going to get in trouble for saying that, Dawn? Gee whiz, don't get defensive and scared on me in there. (laughing). Well, doesn't that perfectly illustrate what the hell is going on?

<< 1   >>

join