It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Bible Bashers, Christian child abuse?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I was more curious why they have no problem believing that their god would be more than happy to answer prayers about funding for the church elevator but not prayers about healing the sick. I have been flipping through the bible here and it seems that Jesus was more interested in healing the sick than he was in securing funds for a church elevator.

Indeed, why leave it at that ? If you can magic the money to buy an elevator then why not magic the elevator to begin with ?

But the xtian nonsense don't end there if you are a god why go round healing the sick when you can eradicate disease with the snap of a finger ?

The simple answer of course is that jesus is imaginary, dwarf preachers are no more likely to know this than santa is imaginary. If only christian fathers would dress up as jesus on xmas eve then that would surely let the cat out of the bag.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lightningz

also after being hit by 2 car and even the cops show angels prying for me and they preyed with them and its in there police report

Hang on !! You're on ATS you have a police report which includes the police witness angels praying for you ???

And you mention this as an aside ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, go on then pleasssssssssssss let us see your policemans report of angels praying for you.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well this made Jesus Camp not so freaking bad now! this is truly sickening, that one kid wasnt even old enough to read the damned sign he had strapped to him! I understand that the world is chock-full of different view points, faiths and religions, and that none of those religions will ever agree with the other religions and faiths, but even among the 'god fearing' i can not believe this is at all acceptable.. christian or not, alarm bells should ring loud and clear..

I dont know if i can go so far as claim child abuse, but its certainly mentally hindering those children to understand anything going on around them..and just wait until they find out santa isnt real! they might just look at that, grasping that mommy and daddy lied and realise the big ol lie they have been bottle fed since birth about this all powerful, all seeing all judging hippie in a pair of nice looking berkinstocks... if the brainwashing isnt too deep yet that is.. Children should be allowed to BE children, not a recording of their parents views.. they should enjoy their childhood, learn basic respect of nature and of other people as the basics at first, then when the child is older, capable of thinking and figuring things out more for themselves, and can comprehend what any book, let alone the bible that should be rated NR and not for children under say..18.. says, and become able to study at their own decision to do so and find their beliefs and paths from there. no parent should force religion or faith onto a child, human decency, morals and ethics should be focused on, and no religion is needed to do that.

thank you for posting these videos YodaGod, disturbing indeed but am still glad to have seen them.

warmth and light, everyone...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Full_Vision]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TELEX
reply to post by lightningz

also after being hit by 2 car and even the cops show angels prying for me and they preyed with them and its in there police report

Hang on !! You're on ATS you have a police report which includes the police witness angels praying for you ???

And you mention this as an aside ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, go on then pleasssssssssssss let us see your policemans report of angels praying for you.

Even if i upload it you all will just thow stones or call the cops drug addits. i will not bring some one to fath or show them anything. People who don't beleave will never beleave till they gone thouth it. i am not a pusher of the book. everyone must find him in there own way. How ever i am working on a few pages of work that i been working on since then. its long and thowen togather i am still cleaning it up. but when its done i will put it up with newpapers links of where it happen it did make the news. So i am gettting around to making my own topie due to it will take about 30 pages all with link sources.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by lightningz]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightningz
K J Gunderson that not what i said.

Yes it is.

why pass the blame when who ever does it its all them not god not the bible them. only you make your path.

See what you said right there? It appears to me that you are completely absolving anyone but the 7 year old himself.

What i am saying stop passing the blame and blame the people who do it not the bible or god. what you have no brian to think for one self.

You are asking if a 7 year old has no brain to think for themselves? Well, then why can't they decide when to start getting drunk or driving cars?

did god are the bible make them do it by holding a gun to there head no.

Mom and Dad made them do it. Did you forget these kids had parents?

so stop acting 5 and grow up and take blame instad of passing it.

Stop acting 5 and take the blame? Since it is not me doing it, I have no blame to take so you can only mean the guilty party, right?

You are telling a 7 year old to stop acting 5 and take responsibility for what they do?

also these kids there parents or to blame not the bible or god.

Grammar and spelling aside, I think your last sentence is agreeing with me and completely taking apart the rest of what you said but at this point I am not sure. Is English not your first language?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

K J Gunderson that not what i said.

Yes it is.

why pass the blame when who ever does it its all them not god not the bible them. only you make your path.

See what you said right there? It appears to me that you are completely absolving anyone but the 7 year old himself.

What i am saying stop passing the blame and blame the people who do it not the bible or god. what you have no brian to think for one self.

You are asking if a 7 year old has no brain to think for themselves? Well, then why can't they decide when to start getting drunk or driving cars?

did god are the bible make them do it by holding a gun to there head no.

Mom and Dad made them do it. Did you forget these kids had parents?

Stop acting 5 and take the blame? Since it is not me doing it, I have no blame to take so you can only mean the guilty party, right?

You are telling a 7 year old to stop acting 5 and take responsibility for what they do?

also these kids there parents or to blame not the bible or god.

Grammar and spelling aside, I think your last sentence is agreeing with me and completely taking apart the rest of what you said but at this point I am not sure. Is English not your first language?

Inot agreeing with you the kids are to blame also. just most falls on there parents for letting it happen to begain with. kids are by no way retard and that 5 year old comment was at you not the kids. don't thow words in what i say. i say what i say and mean what i say. i take it your Religion is Science. and yeah it is a Religion. theres not fact proving eather way right. i think both go hand in hand only a bind man would not.
i due beleave in a young earth but Science date of age i go by. due to what is young to god when he has always been.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
And I stand behind what I believe, and said.

You appear to just want to split hairs and create an argument when the bottom line is this -

I am not at all looking to split hairs. I am looking for the facts people like you base your faith on. Every conversation I have with anyone from any religion, they interject at least something that is not at all substantiated by the actual historical texts of their religion. This makes me curious. I want to know why people believe the things they do when they are based on nothing as well as I want to understand why people have no problem ignoring what is right in front of them in order to cling to the idea they have that is supposed to be based on what is right in front of them to begin with.

*You* are free to believe whatever nonsense you want to - I am also free to believe whatever I choose to believe. Yes, I do feel that your beliefs are "nonsense" - I have that right, like you.

I did not realize I was ever making the case that you should not have the right to make things up and believe in fairy tales. I am just trying to understand why, when I read your fairy tale book, you choose to deviate from the very thing you base it on.

If you feel I am telling you that you are not allowed to, then I am not sure you have been reading my posts to you at all. That is fine too but then stop responding to them as it is distracting in that way.

And again, I state ............my final answer still remains - the Bible, nor God, does not condone "murder".
However, he DOES condone the 'killing' of certain people for punishment of their sins. That is the difference.

I have asked you to clear this up. I presented questions and arguments to you. If your belief is so strong, why are you going to dodge all of that and just state your belief louder?

You appear to be just another "scoffer" out to "try" to find something wrong with/in the Bible, and/or God.

No, I am a person who can read and has found something wrong with the bible. I was hoping you would clear it up. After all that talk of respect and friendship, this has quickly dissolved into you just angrily telling me I am wrong because, well I am.

I thought you might be more interested in actually convincing me that I was wrong instead of getting mad and turning insolent.

And that is the reason you will probably never understand - because God won't allow scoffers to understand if all they're going to do is ridicule and cause strife.

Now I know that is not backed up by your book at all. No matter what version of the bible you are reading, no where does it say that your god will willfully with-hold the truth from anyone. In fact it says that everyone will at least be exposed to the truth that is God.

I am curious how long you have been practicing your religion.

I.e. You are going to be having this very same "argument" with many, many people on this forum - because you haven't been allowed to understand the Bible, or God.

Seriously? I am not allowed to understand? Please back this up with ANYTHING AT ALL FROM YOUR BOOK. Please show me where it states that your god would purposely prevent me from understanding his truth.

It would be my suggestion that you humble yourself a tad - because, to me, it appears you have a case of the "ego" monster.

I guess that is part of not being Christian. I am a little more sure of myself than people going on blind faith in nothing.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You know, if you were "truly" sincere about learning what is in the Bible, and how to discern the words/meaning, I would be more than happy to help you out.

Can't answer my question can you? I am serious here. You have fully explained that your god has instructed you that it is ok to take the life of a witch. You have shown me that would not be murder.

Now I am asking you where it explains how you determine who is 100% guilty of being a witch so that when you do indeed kill them, you are in the right.

You would not want to kill someone that you thought was a witch would you? Would your god let that go since it was just a booboo or would you then be guilty of murder?

I am really asking here. If you are just going to get mad and reply with angry vitriol, then I am sorry that I bothered with you to begin with. I have been more than honest is stating that I am asking because I genuinely want to know.

Just because I am not going to take wild interpretations based on OTHER things, does not mean I am not open. You are refusing to answer real and honest questions. I thought you had nothing but the truth? You even have a book to refer to, don't you?

But with your attitude as it appears to be, it wouldn't do any good - the Bible tells us to argue not with fools, and I think that you are just one of those people that no matter what is said, you will argue it. Not to find the truth, but just to cause strife.

Sounds rather judgmental. Am I ok to be killed now then?

How would you even know how open I may or may not be when you have really offered nothing. Of all the questions I have presented, the only thing you have come close to addressing is how the word serpent is used in another book. I did that too though and it canceled out yours so...

You have not answered anything about this murder deal, you have tapdanced around it and gotten angry. That would make it pretty hard to judge how I might react when real information is presented. Present some and let's see how it goes.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
nomorecruelty you don't understand the words in the book you make beleavers look bad i can deal with him.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I've already told you this but for your sake, I'll tell you one more time -

You gave me a verse number - that is what I typed in the Bible search engine - it returned A verse, only ONE verse. You have to click on the "Expand Chapter" tab to see the entire chapter.

Do you understand how an internet forum works? People can easily go back to page 3 and start reading what you actually said all over again. I said that Exodus instructed that you kill witches.

You said that it did not say you should kill witches.

I gave you a quote from a bible the numbered it's verses differently.

You said -

When man rewrites God's Word, he tends to mess up even the order of it? The KJ Bible's Exodus doesn't mention witches.

See that? You did not say my verse was wrong. You did not say you looked up that verse and found it different. You clearly stated that Exodus does not even talk about witches.

But it does and it says exactly what I said it does, doesn't it?

The verse number you gave me is what I typed in - the verse that came up said NOTHING about witches.

Then you should have said that and not

The KJ Bible's Exodus doesn't mention witches.

See the VAST difference between the statements?

The reason this happened? Because you were getting your information from something other than the King James Bible - and apparently, due to all the alterations and omissions your book has made to the original Bible, the book you were using was off in how the verse numbers fell.

Yep, by one. That is kind of the point. You were trying to tell me that my understanding of the bible was wrong because it was based on ignorance.

You then offered to correct me by proving your ignorance. I never claimed to know the bible at all, I just provided a quote I found.

You told me that I was reading the wrong bible, my info was bad, and you were going to educate me because you knew better.

You then boldly stated that Exodus does not even mention witches. Now, I would think someone that is calling me ignorant of the bible would at least be aware of a verse directly after the one quoted in your own book. It is ok that you did not know it but again, you boldly declared that Exodus does not even mention witches. Exodus indeed tells you to kill witches. I showed you where in your own book.

See what I am getting at? You are telling me how ignorant I am and that is why I am wrong. How is making such a false claim about the book you are supposed to know better than me not at least as ignorant if not more? I at least took the 14 seconds it took to search your bible and read more than one line. Why didn't you? Am I more interested in what your book really says than you?

Funny, I believe you just got done explaining how your god would never allow me to understand your bible and yet...

...here I am educating you about what it says.

You can continue to claim I lied - but to do that you are going to be lying - but that is your choice, my dear.

Really? You will not even admit you made a mistake. I could understand a miss-statement or just being wrong. You will not even admit that much?

Let me show you again what you said -

The KJ Bible's Exodus doesn't mention witches.

You know now that it does, because my ignorant ass showed you where.

So were you lying or wrong? It is one or the other. The difference is that one is forgivable and the other is not so much. So far all I am seeing is pride though.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Even if i upload it you all will just thow stones or call the cops drug addits. i will not bring some one to fath or show them anything. People who don't beleave will never beleave till they gone thouth it.

Do you understand what it means to come running into a room yelling about evidence you have and then refusing to even show it says to people? It says 'do not even bother to read my post.'

Sharing a story is cool and thanks for it. Saying you have proof and then saying you would not show it because no one will believe it completely destroys your credibility here.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Bible doesn't instruct anyone to kill anyone who mixes fabrics.

Sorry, thought I could have a little fun since it is a sin and all. Sorry it is not one of those actual mortal sins, just another really stupid one.

And the thing is, you don't "have" to buy in to Christianity, or God. He allows you to believe in who, or what, you want - it's your choice.

But just remember, with each choice, there are always consequences. That's just how life goes.

So what are the consequences of mixing wool and linen, exactly? I mean aside from making your god mad.

There is a huge percentage of people in society today that believe that if they choose to not believe, then they are immune from God's laws. And people can tell themselves that all they want - while it will get them through life here on Earth probably with no scrapes or bruises, it's a different story upon our earthly deaths.

That is fine if you believe that and all but you do understand that nothing you or anyone else has done proves any of that in the slightest bit, right? You can have your fantasy but it seems rather judgmental, yet again, to tell me that mine is WRONG.

Judgmental as all hell and you know you can kill people. How many witches did you say you have under you belt?

Everyone will be held accountable - me, you, and the other nearly 7 billion people on this planet. That is not being "cruel", that is being factual - but it's up to the individual on his or her decision.

Party hardy here on Earth - have fun, do what *you* want, please thy "self", don't worry about God or His "pesky" laws...............

......but payment will come due later on when our lives here on Earth are done. Humans weren't created to engage in a global free for all - it wasn't ever intended to be that way.

You are just preaching to me. With all due respect, I have not preached at you. I am simply trying to have a real discussion of the text you are using to base your beliefs on.

Trust me, I have spent plenty of time listening to far better preachers than anything that can be done on some UFO/conspiracy website. Do not waste mine, yours, or anyone else reading this thread's time with preaching. It is void of facts and undeniable truths.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

since nomorecruelty did a epic fail let me try to explan. ask me any part you what to understand. i can't say you will beleave but it will not be how god does not i repeat does not what fellowers killing anyone. them words where for saints to do this work. There not alot of saints around anymore due t ou got to fellow the bible fully and understand the meaning. god did not i repeat wright the bible man did. man like power so u got to add that and thow out anything where u think its okey to tell someone they will goto hell due to this is jugement. and man are sinners so you got t obe a saint and a saint is a clean man who does sin but don't judge others just fellow what god tell them. no god does not talk to them god works thouth them. and if gods working thouth you no man can prove u did a thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The Bible is not porn - these books on that list are porn - some of it very graphic and "hard" core porn.

That is completely a matter of opinion, now isn't it? What is in those books that is so bad? I am sure I can find something in the bible equally offensive for all of them.

The Bible is God's instructions and laws for mankind.

All you know is that the bible is a collection works written by MEN, put together by MEN, translate by MEN. It is full of sex and violence. It has incest and bestiality in it. Which of the books on the list include such deviant topics?

Which book has something as violent as the killing of all babies?

I will admit I do not know everything about every book on the list. I do know these things are in the bible though so help me out.

The books on that list are meant to introduce and advocate homosexuality into our school age children.

That sounds like a thread all by itself and I think this is straying enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Even if i upload it you all will just thow stones or call the cops drug addits. i will not bring some one to fath or show them anything. People who don't beleave will never beleave till they gone thouth it.

Do you understand what it means to come running into a room yelling about evidence you have and then refusing to even show it says to people? It says 'do not even bother to read my post.'

Sharing a story is cool and thanks for it. Saying you have proof and then saying you would not show it because no one will believe it completely destroys your credibility here.

do you understand how not to take words out. like how i am doing a report on it and thats when it will be uploaded i did not think so people like you edited the bible see how easy also i did not come running i came to express myself on this topic. looks as if your trying to get new members for your cult trying to debuke what you do not know are care to know. see i have seen wit hmy own eyes and the fact i was hit walking across the street and hit wit ha car me being on foot and the 2nd one when't over my body going about 40mph. and the fact i left the hospal the same day un harmed. there no man who can mak me lose my fath now. you must also think god gots to prov him self to you to be real why what you do for him but say hes fake wit hzero prove show me prof hes not real this is also what you ask of me right oh you can't due to man has zero idea what tall even on this planet earth so something like god is not real man would have to know everything about everything. if u do prove u do. as for my report u got to wait like everyone else.
hope you find your way sheep and hope you learn to open your eyes before u fall i will pray for you.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

A Biblical balance would be to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and do good works throughout your life, and spread the gospel among believers and non believers.

That completely avoids the question I asked based on what you had said.

We were created to serve God - not for Him to serve us. Contrary to mankind thinking that everything is allllllll about him.

I guess you have abandoned trying to reason and use logic for simply preaching. That is ok and all but it is not actually a response to what I said so maybe you just just reply to the thread if all you want to do is preach.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Inot agreeing with you the kids are to blame also.

How so? You are contradicting yourself. If a 7 year old can be responsible for saying things they are told to say without understanding then surely they can be responsible for using alcohol, cars, and sex too. I do not understand how you justify one and not the other.

just most falls on there parents for letting it happen to begain with. kids are by no way retard and that 5 year old comment was at you not the kids.

That makes no sense at all. Here is what you said, exactly

Take the blame? I am neither any of those children or parents of any of those children so what should I be accepting blame for? You are calling me 5 and you do not even know how to use it as an insult correctly? What do you want me to take blame for?

don't thow words in what i say. i say what i say and mean what i say. i take it your Religion is Science. and yeah it is a Religion. theres not fact proving eather way right. i think both go hand in hand only a bind man would not.

There are no facts in science? So surely you have never been to a doctor or hospital, correct? I am sure you do not use modern conveniences like computers either? How could they exist without facts? Good thing you are not on that faith based internet thingy that is not based on any fact based knowledge.

i due beleave in a young earth but Science date of age i go by. due to what is young to god when he has always been.

Please tell me that English is not your first language so I can completely let this last contradiction go.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

dude do you even know what preaching is? did not think so he is trying his best to dumb down his understanding for you that even if god pop in your room you would tell him hes fake and all in your head. are tell him to prove it but one thing about god he don't got to prove anything till he ready to thow you in the pan for cocking.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

since nomorecruelty did a epic fail let me try to explan. ask me any part you what to understand. i can't say you will beleave but it will not be how god does not i repeat does not what fellowers killing anyone. them words where for saints to do this work. There not alot of saints around anymore due t ou got to fellow the bible fully and understand the meaning. god did not i repeat wright the bible man did. man like power so u got to add that and thow out anything where u think its okey to tell someone they will goto hell due to this is jugement. and man are sinners so you got t obe a saint and a saint is a clean man who does sin but don't judge others just fellow what god tell them. no god does not talk to them god works thouth them. and if gods working thouth you no man can prove u did a thing.

I am really sorry but I can hardly even read this post. Perhaps you should sit back down and let NMC go back to preaching at me. I could at least read those posts.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

do you understand how not to take words out. like how i am doing a report on it and thats when it will be uploaded i did not think so people like you edited the bible see how easy also i did not come running i came to express myself on this topic. looks as if your trying to get new members for your cult trying to debuke what you do not know are care to know. see i have seen wit hmy own eyes and the fact i was hit walking across the street and hit wit ha car me being on foot and the 2nd one when't over my body going about 40mph. and the fact i left the hospal the same day un harmed. there no man who can mak me lose my fath now. you must also think god gots to prov him self to you to be real why what you do for him but say hes fake wit hzero prove show me prof hes not real this is also what you ask of me right oh you can't due to man has zero idea what tall even on this planet earth so something like god is not real man would have to know everything about everything. if u do prove u do. as for my report u got to wait like everyone else.
hope you find your way sheep and hope you learn to open your eyes before u fall i will pray for you.

What is your native language???????????????????

It might be better if you use that and we get someone else to translate between us. I honestly want to address what you are telling me but I have no clue what it is. I have not the energy to navigate this many spelling errors, typos, grammatical errors, and complete nonsense sentences.

Maybe keep it short like this comment you posted to my profile.

Read my reply and grow up you can't even give a good reply then keep your mouth shut.

I at least understood this. Can you give a good reply?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join