It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think are the most important issues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Please put these in order from first to last, which are the most important to the least important.

Terrorism
Economy
Wars
Health care
Financial reform
Racism
Corruption
Religion
Culture
Guns

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here is my list...

1. Financial reform
2. Economy
3. Wars
4. Health care
5. Corruption
6. Religion
7. Racism
8. Culture
9. Guns
10. Terrorism

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Here is my list...

1. Financial reform
2. Economy
3. Wars
4. Health care
5. Corruption
6. Religion
7. Racism
8. Culture
9. Guns
10. Terrorism

1. Wars
2. Corruption
3. Financial reform
4. Economy
5. Guns
6. Health care
7. Racism
8. Culture
9. Terrorism
10. Religion

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Would you please tell me what you mean ?

Is it a list to fix what's broken ? Or maybe what's going well and needs less attention ?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Would you please tell me what you mean ?

Is it a list to fix what's broken ? Or maybe what's going well and needs less attention ?

Well interpret it however you want. When it came to religion I want a more secular society but it is not too important to me. Someone else might put religion #1 because they want a more christian society. It is just your own opinion on the subject and how important you think that subject is to fix society.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The one you so Conviently left Off your List . The Consitution of these United States , and the Bill of Rights . You know, that Piece of Paper that the Blood of Patriots fought and died for to make it the LAW of our Land , and the one presently being Trashed by the Domestic Terrorists that currently Control our Federal Goverment .

The rest of your list is Irrevelant IMO .

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If this is a list of things government has its hands in then the only thing on my list is guns. Government keeps messing with them. It shouldnt be messing with them at all.

None of that other stuff is any business of government. In a perfect world I'd ignore them and they'd ignore me. Unfortunately government cant ignore me. It has to be sticking its hands in my pants and breathing down my neck 24/7.

And if it's not a list of things government has its hands in then the only thing on my list still is guns. None of that other garbage concerns me. My religion is my business. My health is my business. None of these wars have ever been my business. If they would mind their own business corruption wouldnt be an issue. My culture is my own business. My racism is my own business. I dont care one way or the other about the economy or the state of the dollar. I'll go on living just the same. Nor do I care about 'terrorism.' Some rag wearing nomad in a cave could never be a threat to me. At least not any more of a threat than the fed is with its gun to my head and hand in my pocket.

In summary, guns.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

No disrespect intended, but what is the big deal about guns? I don't own a gun and I don't know anyone that owns a gun. Actually I don't think I've ever even touched a gun, and the only time i've saw a gun is at wal-mart.

Plus the government is not planning on doing anything like taking your guns away. Maybe you were missing for this past year but we are now allowed to carry guns on trains and at large gatherings. If anything government is allowing more gun rights. Which IMO is completely retarded.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisoirIf anything government is allowing more gun rights.

Until they stop their attacks altogether it's an issue. For every 'win' there's another bill or law coming up. Right now there are at least two states seeking to implement bans of some type even as D.C. and Chicago have had and are about to have their bans shot down.

It never ends.

And while these relatively frivolous frontline battles go on back and forth there are hard bans on the books that are going completely unchallenged.

A free-range slave is still a slave and though they may extend the leash from time to time the tether is still anchored in. We spend all our time bitching about how long the leash is when we should turn back and rip up the tether.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

My position on guns is that if you outlaw all guns it won't stop the criminals from getting their hands on the guns, but it will stop decent citizens from protecting themselves. In America I believe that the issue of guns is more about dominance and rebellion, a.k.a. the fear that the government is going to come for you. It's not really about protection from criminals as it is about paranoia.

So just let people have their guns, but I do have to draw a line when it comes to automatic guns because that is just absurd.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I suppose my #1 issue should simply be authoritarians and their propensity to dictate to others how they should live their lives.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm experiencing a little ambiguity in your use of the word "racism"...do you mean the elimination of non-white people, or the elimination of white people???

(Because it does function as a codeword for one or the other of those things, depending on who is talking...)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
1) Gun Rights, or more specifically, Constitutional Freedoms.
2) Corruption
3) The Economy
4) Both wars
5) Terrorism
6) Culture
7) Financial Reform
8) Health Care
9) Race Relations
10) Religion, though this one could be #1 under extreme circumstances if religious freedom is restricted.

new topics

top topics

join