It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Historian Fights for the Truth About Stalingrad (WWII)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Article: A retired U.S. Army colonel fluent in Russian, David M. Glantz writes data-rich tomes that synthesize his research in the recently opened Soviet archives. His goal: to debunk long-standing myths with what he calls "ground truth."

You can't reach judgments regarding political, diplomatic, economic, or social factors in the war as a whole unless you have reached sound decisions regarding how the war was conducted, to what end it was conducted, and so forth. Historians today are focused not on operational but social issues. But it all sits on the structure of military reality.

Source Story: www.historynet.com...
Site worth checking out also-on Military history: www.historynet.com

I think it is great that there are people out there, digging to ensure history is the most correctly reported.

It will be interesting to see what all he digs up that counters any official version of events.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Links broke.

To everyone reading this. Please check links before posting!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Truth in history is a laudable goal.

I'm curious as to what particular truth David Glantz is searching for?

[edit on 3/23/2010 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

The link problem may not be the poster's fault, this time. I tried getting out of ATS and going straight through my browser, and I still can't get in. I'm on AOL, by the way, so perhaps that's relevant.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Sir, I did check the link-hence where I got the article parts. For some reason, it appears that the link is CURRENLY not working.

I am sure it will be back up soon enough. Sorry for wasting anyones time. Can't help a broken link (since the post was put up)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That tactic cost probably 14 million military dead.

The link is working fine, we need more of those people before our history gets erased by the governments.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.

What he says makes sense. I wonder if this contradicts Antony Beevor's epic.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As with most history, there's always more to learn, more to uncover...

As for contradicting earlier works, I think in some cases it will; but in others it'll add depth to it.

I look forward to reading these works...

new topics

top topics

join