It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMACARE! Whats In It For ME??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

That's a good question, but at least they will get at least $600. a year from everyone (I think the penalty is actually $750. but I will look it up) right now far to many people who get in bad accidents or become very ill don't pay anything.

I'm glad that's the only penalty for those who refuse - those who can't afford it undoubtedly will qualify for help...if they want to ask for help. It shouldn't be this way. More than half of our citizens shouldn't have to ask for government aid! It's just another way to try to keep your self esteem low so you won't expect humane treatment or anything good from your government because now you may be considered (by some) to be in the "welfare" class or a "welfare recipient". Universal health care would make us all equal instead. My pride doesn't want a subsidy or to be put in this welfare class. My will to survive may force me to become part of it if I get truly sick. This is just wrong and why I hate this bill even though it is "a step in the right direction".

They tweaked this bill a lot to come up with the exact numbers and there were a lot of calculations involved to get it to where the CBO estimates looked good and they got a bill and that it would create large savings within ten years. Most of the cuts to Medicare and Medicaid are actually cutting out fraud which is has huge so that's a good thing, that and closing the "donut hole" which has been terrible for the elderly who do not have much money.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by ChrisCrikey]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Drug dealers are going to get free health care paid by you

Yhea this one scares the hell out of me, not so much because I don't want the drug dealers to be healthy, I just don't want them to use their new found health plan to obtain opiate pain killers on the taxpayers dime!

I myself am a recovering from an addiction to opiates, and I know just how easy it is now to pick them up off the street! prescription narcotic pain medication is the most dangerous drug in America! I also believe that ER's/Urgent care facility's are going to be flooded with addicts and people looking to make a profit by selling their pain pills!

Notice that you didn't see adds from BIG PHARMA or INSURANCE companies bad mouthing this bill on TV/RADIO did ya???
Now just look to the stock market where those stocks were among todays leaders!

If true not having a limit on the amount of coverage my insurance provides (if there is one) sounds good

And I think my Mom who is not yet 65 and earns too much in retirement to receive Medicare but not enough to purchase her own private insurance getting covered by this bill is a good thing!

My daughter being able to stay on my plan till 26 is also cool, although I would hope by then she will have her plan by then!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by Niccawhois

You are now going to pay for all those people that don't work.

I find that offensive. I took a seasonal job at UPS from November to December, after that I wasn't guaranteed a job, and the job ended. I have not been able to find work since. I have had interviews, I apply to at least 3 jobs per day.

What about people who's jobs don't offer them healthcare?

A lot of people are out of work and CANNOT find jobs. Companies don't hire anymore unless you're ridiculously qualified. I can't even get a job at Walmart becuase they wont call me back.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by Nicodeme

Tax breaks?! Are you serious?

Let's say you make $50K a year and pay 25% tax. You pay $12,500 in tax.

Now you get a tax break for the cost of health care. The tax break doesn't lower your taxes. It lowers you taxable income. So if you pay $300 a month for health insurance (not HEALTH CARE, they constantly trick you!) then you might get a tax break of ((12 x $300) x .25) or $900. And you can bet that your cost is going to go up at least $75 per month so you'll end up with nothing. No break. Nothing. Just paying for everybody else who doesn't work.

Exactly, the healthcare scheme is doomed to failure as there will be more people pulling from it that putting back. Its how social security and medicare failed. Not to mention the gov stealing funds from them and im sure that will occur with the health care "fund" as well. YAY FOR THE KORRUPT ESTATES OF AMERIKA!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join