It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main stream media doesn't speak for main stream Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Are you tired of listening to all this doom and gloom media coverage?? Me too!
This is great news to hear, 56-68% of people are still optimistic and happy regardless of the main stream news reporting who are actually trying to create a hysteria and bitterness within our beings, political agenda is behind this attempt to scare us... Election time is coming up so we all know democrats are grabbing at straws now because nobody wants to listen to their fanatical bs, here's some of the things we are listening to on mainstream news...

We're at war and we're losing! , we don't desreve to be there, the military is a bunch of perverts, we're hopelessly fat and getting fatter, our environment is going to blow up , everybody hates us, we're all going to get nuked, ect...

harris and gallop poll 56% of people say their personal situations have improved over the past 5 years,
americans trust their military 75%
confidence in the military 82%
confidence in the traditions in the institutions of the united states 86%

But yet
68% are optimistic

It's a mistake to call main stream media main stream, obviously these polls show mainstream optimistic people, not cnn, not nbc,

what you see is distrust, you see doom and gloom coverage, chris matthews last night had a reign of guests on his show talking about how the bush administration isn't going to hand over power to iraq, and the people that were chosen don't count because then UN had nothing to do with it, they didn't get to pick and choose who to put in...

So...

56-68% are optimistic about their country and their lives...

So lighten up...

Paraphrased from Rushbo

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by TrueLies]

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
the reason most of us are optimistic, is because there isn't much to be optimistic about! if you watch the news every day and live by the news, then your going to end up in a very deep state of depression.
so yeah, our economy sucks
and yeah, we are loosing a war,
and yeah, gas prices are through the roof,
and yeah, politics are a bunch of nonsence lately,
my view on all this? SO WHAT. Yeah, its part of everyday life, but I live to make the best of what I have every day! yes I'm sick of hearing 'gloom' everyday on the news, but I'm living life to the fullest no matter what else is going on. Yes it bothers me, and yes it will affect me, But you only live life once! So live it to its fullest, and be optimistic about it, otherwise you are going to lead a very unhappy life.
Even though everything is so 'gloomy' there is plenty else to be happy about. like weekends, and summer, and what your having for dinner. It's the little things that make me happy.

So I do agree with you, main stream media dosn't speak for 'main stream' americans
be happy!

[Edited on 6/3/2004 by smilingsarah82]

join