It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

---those days shall be shortened.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Matthew 24 [Note: Bible passages are public domain]

21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Nation Geographic Article

Chile Earthquake Altered Earth Axis, Shortened Day
Earthquake sped Earth's spin, figure skater style.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

THE DAYS HAVE BEEN SHORTENED FOR THE ELECT!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
That passage simply means that the unless the period of time, of that tribulation, is short then all would die. But for the elect sake the period will be short so that they are not consumed as well.

Its really not taking about a 24 hour day.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The devil can quote scripture for his own ends...

2nd line

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

As a Gnostic we interpret the word in both a literal sense as well as a arch typical sense.

I believe if we look a a direct translation...in Greek or Aramiac we can see that it could mean that the days will be literally shortened, which in turn will shorten the time of sorrow. This also correlates with Joshua's enlongated day as in a Old Testament type....and anti type...

This day is considered the long day...

Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.

And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel....Joshua 10

www.s8int.com...

Article 1: THE LONG DAY OF JOSHUA

One of the evidences for the historicity of the long day recorded in Joshua 10:13 and reiterated in Habakkuk 3:11 lies in the large body of traditions from many parts of the world according to which there was a long day (or night, or evening, depending upon the location) at about the same time that Joshua lived.

David Nelson dramatically informs us of this fact as follows: Chinese history speaks of Yao, their king, declaring that in his reign the sun stood so long above the horizon that it was feared the world would have been set on fire; and fixes the reign of Yao at a given date, which corresponds with the age of Joshua the son of Nun. . . .

As of a few weeks ago we have a shorter day...

and if you read the article it seems the days have been getting shorter for a while...

By speeding up Earth's rotation, the magnitude 8.8 earthquake—the fifth strongest ever recorded, according to the USGS—should have shortened an Earth day by 1.26 millionths of a second, according to new computer-model calculations by geophysicist Richard Gross of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California.

For comparison, the same model estimated that the magnitude 9 Sumatra earthquake in December 2004 shortened the length of a day by 6.8 millionths of a second.

(See Chile earthquake pictures.)

Gross also estimates that the Chile earthquake shifted Earth's figure axis by about three inches (eight centimeters).

Deviating roughly 33 feet (10 meters) from the north-south axis around which Earth revolves, the figure axis is the imaginary line around which the world's unevenly distributed mass is balanced.

edit for being a dumbass..lol

[edit on 23-3-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
By the way the context of the passage in Matthew 24 concerns earthquakes in divers places which of course would shorten the day.

But everybody is free to make of it what they will.

I am simply curious as to the outcome.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Nice indirect reply...

standard smear procedure.

SOP for the religious police.

We are not that far removed from the religious police in Saudi Arabia.

By the way your reply lines up with Matthew 24...

All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

....lol

edit for smile and rasberry

[edit on 23-3-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
N.B The gospel passage says that the "shortening of the days", whatever that is, would have the effect of making it possible for flesh to be "saved" (for the benefit of the elect".
If the length of the individual, physical, day is reduced by a few microseconds, that doesn't really do anything towards saving our flesh, which is the object of the exercise.
The traditional interpretation- that the period of tribulation will be shorter than it would have been- seems to suit the situation much better.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe the tribulation to be a refining fire of sorts, lifting us out of duality. It is to heal and mend the broken hearts of this world, revealing that the inner is a reflection of the outer, compelling us to seek a reconciliation, and stop judging the other.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All flesh...refers to Noah as the OT type.

So maybe the idea that we are spinning faster will offset a disaster somehow as in the Butterfly effect!!

Think of a time when we had a extinction period. This is modern speak for "all flesh".

Remember Paul says "All creation grown and travail for the revealing..." and reference back to Matt. 24 for context of the type of "the woman of sorrow..."

Paul speaks of the above in Romans.

To be very brief concerning the archetype of the women of sorrow and the time of sorrow one must study Solomon. The woman of sorrow is wisdom.

Matthew 24 speaks of those bearing child in the time of sorrow which relates back to Moses being separated from his family and adopted in the Egyptian Royal Family. and of course then of course the Exodus and following the pillar of fire by day and by night.

The idea rest in the dawning of a new day.

The Holy Child, the child of wisdom will appear and mourn as Rachel mourned for her children.

This will be both in a archetype sense as in the Bride of Christ weeping and in the material sense, as in "as above, so below"

But I know very little so take this as a wild guess!!lol

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Whiteraven,

I consider myself a Gnostic as well. I see all these things occurring right now. The signs are all there. They are not the signs taught by the church in the literal sense and neither is the end times the end of humanity. All those that stay steadfast in the belief systems designed of this world, without connecting spiritually to the beauty of the universe and humanity in general, will be lost.

The passage "I come like a thief in the night" is indicative of this. Those that remain drunken off the belief systems designed to suppress the creative spirit of man, will not see it coming. When consciousness is raised those willing and able to accept it will take the gift. Those that remain locked in their beliefs will suffer their own torment.

We are in the final throws of this battle and it is reaching a peak. We only need to accept the truth of our predicament and realize all this sorrow will pass away quicker than anything we expect. The final change is upon us. Those who answer the call will begin to see the fruits appear.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

whiteraven...

the 'Days' (the hours of daylight are shortened) are shortened after the Great Tribulation starts...
the noted, millionths of a second change is not what the scriptures meant, IMHO
one has to consider that the false prophet is the front-man for the anti-christ who has been revealed as such...which then begins the massacre & beheadings of the Christ professing peoples, even Jews who do not accept the mark or image of the beast as the Messiah, will be persecuted, killed both on-&-off the battlefields.
And this period of time is guaranteed to be 1,260 mornings and evenings (days), which is 42 months or 'half-the-week'

So, two things are going on here.... during this 1,260 day period, the Sun will be as sackcloth,the moon as blood, the 'Elect' (sorry about the reality all you 'Pre-Trib-Rapture'believers) arestill around & being persecuted, flayed, beheaded, or starved to death while eluding capture/detection.

its not a pleasant time... therefore the promise by the Lord to 'shorten' the days, meaning thatthe false-prophets henchmen will only operate their beheading machines for less than 12 hours a day(which equates to half-the-day or daylight hours.)
Or else the new Beast empire will adopt a shorter work week of say 30 hours rather than the 5 day 40 hour week, engaged in the slaughtering of the rebel christian and Jewish zealots...and any others that buck the system, & refuse the 'Mark'

Physics, science tells us that the Earth cannot rotate faster to make the days obviously 'shorter' -->> without some really cateostrophic event like a Mars sized planet collision with Earth,
Which in that case, absolutely No living creature could be saved 'alive'.
Nothing short of Super-Natural intervention would logically account for 'days' becoming shorter,

unless the 'days being shorter' are along the lines i tried to lay out for you

thanks

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In my 25 years of Biblical work there's been a handful of doctrinal misrepresentations
which have plagued the proper comprehension of the epic -and while they are each well
addressed and set strait for a correct view, their tradition being held has persisted
-and it is not likely to go away so long as further interpretation based thereon continues.

Of these the worst is the Sunday "sabbath", then there's "Hell" (being 'heavened') and the "eternal Soul", then a 'triune' GOD /"Trinity", and finally the "Rapture and 'another' Great (7 year) Tribulation.

That last one is where this verse is extrapolated from history and projected into the future,
truly it is having been written that a famine of 'hearing the words' would take place...
And no wonder when from 'In the beginning ('God' as a "word")' it is not known yet opined!

[edit on 2010/3/23 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Nowhere does the text explicitly say 7 years of tribulation.

It is interpreted as 7 years in the light of Daniel by some.

The text in the Gospel of Matthew is multifaceted. The Word, Logos, or the spoken word...Rhema, is spoken of as a jewel. When held in the light the Word reflects in a multifaceted fashion...much like quantum.

In the Pauline tradition all things are held together by the Word, who is Christ, and in Him, the Word is the summation of all things.

The Mystery of the Church as revealed to Paul and written in Corinthians shows that it is necessary for differences to arise in the Church.

John also realized that the mystery of iniquity was at work from the earliest times.

Paul wrote that those who forbid marriage, drinking of wine, or that one must follow the Sabbath or certain days being holier then others are teaching doctrine of demons...read Timothy...lol!

Corinthians states of course the balance being that one should not be in gluttony nor drunk during communion. read Corinthians...lol

Anyhow it seems that Now is the day for reconciliation. All things will come to light.

We are seeing this in the Vatican.

Note: I was taught by a Roman Catholic Nun, Sister Marie, so I hold the Church in respect...nevertheless her, the Church, her history is shameful.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I do agree with most of what you have written...

The idea of believers being beheaded reminds one of Bastille day.

Or the beheading of those who will not bow to the will of Allah.

Napoleon is considered a type of anti Christ as he took the revolution, made himself Emperor and slaughtered millions.

So is Hitler.

No matter what we might speculate a direct translation of Matt. 24 openly states earthquakes increase and the day will be shortened.

Interesting no?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." -Matthew 10:34-39

God comes back to awaken us to the lie of man. He comes to show us the wrongness of our ways. He comes to show man that we are all united through him. Physical actions are forgiven, it is the spirit that is important. You see it happening right now. Families are torn apart by someone within wanting to live their own life, without conforming to another persons proposed idea of how they should live their own life. If you love each other which is GOD's 11th Commandment held above all the others (John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.)

Jesus came to give us life more abundantly. To do this he must destroy man made greed and judging of peoples actions on each other. Belief systems are the root of all evil. At no time did Jesus instruct anyone that they must do anything but love each other. Love is not holding another person down by man imposed regulations. Freedom is love. Free will is a right of the creator and man has distorted free-will.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Very well written.

John the Beloved Disciple whom took care of Mary after the death, burial and resurrection of Christ exclaimed that God is Agape...love.

Paul in Corinthian thirteen said if one has all faith but lacks love he is a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

One cannot serve God and money.lol

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Even in english the word day or days is not a certain measure of a 24hr period.

Like in a story we say "in those days" meaning during a certain period of time in past history, but thoses "days" could mean years in their totality.

We even say "these days" as a statement of a current time period. "Back in my dads day you could, but these days....."

Or "every dog has its day" could mean and most often does mean a season or period of many days.

Like the guy said above a few seconds or even an hour a day wouldnt do much to impact the saving.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Nation Geographic Article

Chile Earthquake Altered Earth Axis, Shortened Day
Earthquake sped Earth's spin, figure skater style.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Shortened by 1.26 microseconds, and this isn't the first time the Earth's axis has been altered. So what's your point?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by DisappearCompletely]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, if you want a estimated time of the Apocalypse I'll give you 2 prophesies that seem to put the end of days sometime in the 2020s. No later than spring of 2028.

First one is the Matthew 24 prophesy on the generation. That prophesy states that the generation that sees the first end time event will not pass until the events predicted are complete. And Psalms 90 puts a length of a lifetime at approximately 70 to 80 years. If you take the rebirth of Israel as a end time event then the generation is 62 years old this May. Leaving 18 years or less for the Apocalypse to finish.

Second prophesy is the 3 day prophesy of Hosea 6-2 and the curse of Malachi. Malachi 4 states that Elijah was to proceed the messiah and prepare the way. Or that God would strike the world with a curse. And looking for the curse I found one in Hosea. And it's a nasty one. And Hosea 6-2 is the time frame. And after reading up on Psalms 90 and 2nd Peter 3-8 you can draw this conclusion. Those days are a code for thousand year periods of time. The world was struck with a 2 thousand year curse on the death of John the Baptist.

Again you wind up with a possible end date of the Apocalypse in the 2020s. And then there is this one from Daniel 12 to consider as well.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Sure looks increased to me anyway.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

whiteraven...

its not a pleasant time... therefore the promise by the Lord to 'shorten' the days, meaning thatthe false-prophets henchmen will only operate their beheading machines for less than 12 hours a day(which equates to half-the-day or daylight hours.)
Or else the new Beast empire will adopt a shorter work week of say 30 hours rather than the 5 day 40 hour week, engaged in the slaughtering of the rebel christian and Jewish zealots...and any others that buck the system, & refuse the 'Mark'

This is classic. Maybe they wil work a 3rd shift?

Well did the Lord say that the children of this world are wiser than the children of light.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join