It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Misdirected Outrage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
CNC is up 25% in the last 5 days alone

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Originally posted by JIMC5499
It is my understanding that most of those places have closed because of liability issues.

Where do you get that information? There are still many acute care centers or "after hours clinics" in many states. The problem that some were facing was not liability, but staffing. The fact that they were routinely staffed by mostly Nurse Practitioners angered the Physicians Lobby. See article here www.aafp.org...

In my opinion, liability is one of the other main causes for health care costs. With the exception of the ER doctor's don't want to treat a patient that they don't know because of the liability involved.

This is an insurance company lie that has been fed over and over again. It is simply anti Lawyer propaganda. Malpractice costs are only around 2% of the entire costs of health care and tort reform would only bring that number down by .5% by most accounts. See article from the Congressional Budget Office here www.cbo.gov... a pie chart from the American Association for Justice here www.abovetopsecret.com... and a recently published article from Ohio on how the tort reforms in that State have worked out, here www.cleveland.com...

If I walk into a doctor's office with a cut leg and get stitches, it isn't the doctor's fault if I drop dead of a heart attack on the way back to my car. If your mechanic changes your oil, you don't sue him if your brakes go out on your way home.

Not necessarily true. If you have reason to believe that your mechanic accidentally cut your brake line while he was supposed to be changing your oil, and you are severely injured in the accident, you're dang skippy your attorney will sue your mechanic. As well he or she should. And you the victim should be glad you live in a society where the person or business at fault is not insulated from liability.

Before I got the stitches in my leg, I had to have an EKG and a sonogram of my heart. These tests increased the cost of my visit by 200 to 400%.

This has nothing to do with liability, and everything to do with costs. If the clinic knows you have insurance, they know you can pay for unnecessary procedures. This lines the pockets of the clinic and is not only immoral, it raises the costs of health care on everyone else.

Until we start resolving these issues, nothing is going to change the costs associated with health care.

Agreed! That is what the legislation signed today attempts to do. It is watered down, it was written partially by the insurance companies, and it is not sufficient. But it is a start and even you will see the benefits in the coming years.

-Peace
AAH

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Obama wanted to have single payer, at first..

I think that would have been a good idea -- but, unfortunately, corporate America is too good at propaganda, and american's too dumb to see the truth.

Especially the republicans.

Right a Single Payer system, because we all know the government is a good steward of Taxpayer money... And why blame the Republicans? You want to blame someone for not having a single payer system blame the democrats... That had a 60 majority vote and a huge House lead... They are the reason there is no Single Payer system, not the republicans.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Exactly right. The democrats have the majority in the house and the senate. It is obvious that they don't care about working with the republicans or what the American people want so why didn't they go for the single payer system?

Why did they instead go for a bill that favors the insurance industry and big pharma? The democrats are corporate whores just as bad as the republicans, don't let them fool you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join