It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People need to WAKE up and REALIZE how bad things have gotten.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I tend to come to realizations a lot these days, and unfortunately majority of them tend to be disturbing. Yesterday after reading the post that calls out people for getting mad about health care reform, I realized how mad it has gotten in America. Not just because of the direction our government is going, and not because of the low unemployment rate. Americans are just plain becoming evil. No one wants to see it, no one wants to admit it, but all the signs are right in front of us.

Now, I need to come out and say that I am NOT supporting either side here, and I don't want to talk about the recent Health Care vote. I understand why SO many people like to bitch and whine about how the government is spending our tax dollars, and in a way it's actually a GOOD thing that so many people are beginning to voice their opinions openly and on the streets, not just in their homes and on their computers. That being said, the FACT that the majority of this country thought that now was the time to do so, when something other then the Iraqi people or the Afghan people was where our taxpaying dollars were going to be put, is sad. Like JaxonRoberts said yesterday, WHY wasn't such a big stink made when the Bush and Company burned thru Trillions? The reasons we taxpayers received from them when asked about the money and how it was being spent was always ridiculous. There was always controversy and people would bitch about it on CNN and Fox news, but to throw such a fuss like the one being thrown right now over Health Care?

America, we are poison. We don't care about each other, we don't care about our country, and we don't care about our pride. The fact that it doesn't give ALL AMERICANS a warm and fuzzy to know that all of their FELLOW Americans can now receive health care, even in these tough times, is completely unacceptable. The people that complain the most are the ones who are the most spoiled; they probably never had to live with a hardship or a trying time. On of the parts of the foundation that this country was built on was UNITY. The people of the colonies CAME together with common beliefs, and if you can remember, those beliefs were good and were for the people's best interests.

Of course, we need to come together and give our leaders a piece of our minds about how they spend our money; but to do it on an issue that actually BENEFITS AMERICANS?????? Shame on us, our time will come and there will be no running from it. But hey, let's send some more BILLIONS over to Iraq to help stabilize their economy and government, because that helps all of us by............

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Once upon a time in a village in far away China, a boy got a horse as a gift on his 14th birthday. All the villagers said, “Wow, that’s great.”

But the Zen master said, “We shall see.”

Some months later as the young boy rode up the hill, he fell down and broke his leg. All the villagers said, “That’s terrible.”

“We shall see,” smiled the Zen master.

A few years later all the young men in the village had to go to war. But because the young boy had bent his leg, he couldn’t go. All the villagers said, “This fellow is lucky.”

“We shall see,” replied the Zen master.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Some people care. Many do not. I do not know if the latter haven't enough information to care or if they haven't the intellectual capacity to care or if they are too selfish to care. Waking up is hard to do. love to you and thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am the happiest man in the world. No matter how bad things get, no matter if I am homeless, even if I am about to die, I will keep the smile the my face. There is nothing to fear. Perhaps maybe the PRIME observer...

Watch out for him, if he gets pissed, who knows what fury he will unleash...

Mirror mirror on the wall...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Well, lookin at the memo I got, it's over with. Finished. Kaput! The end.

Why get concerned now? I've been yelling this sort of thing from the freakin roof tops since the 80's, and it stopped nothing. Nothing can be done, nobody will listen, we all have our own other concerns.

Frankly, I give up. Oh, I'll be around simply because I'm still not too tired to say "I told you so!"

Oh, you won't agree now, but you will eventually. Everyone comes around to the realization there's nothing that can be done, some sooner, some later, but eventually they always come around.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well I think the real reason things are the way they are right now is greed.

Greed (also called avarice) in psychology is an inordinate desire to acquire or possess more than one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

If you look at our government as a whole the majority (98%) of them are all greedy and connected with big business, and what is big business?

A business (also called a company, enterprise or firm) is a legally recognized organization designed to provide goods and/or services to consumers.[1] Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, most being privately owned and formed to earn profit that will increase the wealth of its owners and grow the business itself. The owners and operators of a business have as one of their main objectives the receipt or generation of a financial return in exchange for work and acceptance of risk. Notable exceptions include cooperative enterprises and state-owned enterprises. Businesses can also be formed not-for-profit or be state-owned.

en.wikipedia.org...

So anytime big business gets involved with part of the government it is never good because there bottom line is making money, and then, more money. The United States will never again be "by the people, for the people," it will be by big business, for big business. Ahh greed.... isn't it great!!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

Your right, greed is the prime culprit here, but the biggest struggle I have is who's more at fault? Our LEADERS, the men and women we call politicians who allowed and continue to allow Big Businesses to call most if not all the shots? Or is it the fault of the people; us, we Americans, who have sat back and done nothing but sound off our protest on internet forums or spouted off with their family and buddies at the local watering hole?

Spacepunk, your right, there is currently pretty much nothing that can be done, and for numerous reasons. Your right about people not wanting to listen. So what needs to be done is figure out when people stopped listening and why. If anyone's seen my responses in other posts, I tend to blame "the comfort zone" that has been established by our awesome government as the biggest reason as to why people not only don't listen, but also why no one cares anymore either. Our leaders are definitely not dumb; they know that as long as they keep American Idle and the NFL on our TV sets we'll be content. They know that if they let us keep our basic liberties and freedoms, pretty much the Bill of Rights, that we'll be content. They know that as long as our homes have electricity and running water that we'll be content. Most important though is that they also know that content people aren't revolting or rioting people.

It may be a biased opinion because I am a former Marine and I do have a very DEEP, red, white and blue love for this country; but I believe that ONCE the comfort zone has been infringed upon too heavily, the people will come together and put a stop to this shenanigans once and for all. Could be wishful thinking, and it also could sound hypocritical because I just got done talking about how EVIL we are becoming, but not only good people come together as a whole...

top topics

join