It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Sydney Australia

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FireMoon

Hmm. Seems to have relocated in this one.

Err no it doesn't.... you are falling for your brain trying to make sense of something that doesn't have that much unless you study it properly.

Blow the picture up and the whole of the shaded tree area is covered with a sort of misty bloom. As i pointed out before, its common in photos taken with multiple light sources.

Can't say you weren't warned about making conclusions based on prejudice and then fitting the data, when it doesn't to suit you own point of view.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
its common in photos taken with multiple light sources.

Can you post some evidence of this please?

We can't take just your word for it now, can we?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

The beam I circled is present no matter what side drive it is. No?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Nope. It's not near the far streetlight anymore. Moved. Just like the blob, because the camera moved a bit.

The reflection is on the windscreen.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If you enlarge the photo you will see, that that is a reflection of the street lines and a vehicle which.... are on an angle.

Now, whether that's from the inside or outside her car, I don't know but I am almost positive that that's the reflection of the street (with line) and a vehicle (windshield and all) I would almost wager a guess and say that that's the back wind shield of the vehicle.
Check it out.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by TwoPhish]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw

Originally posted by FireMoon

Sorry but i've blown it up and what i see is this...a large frond from the tree pointing towards the camera, lit in a slightly strange way by the gaps in the tree line allowing light to fall across the front of it.

it could easily be a refection off the front of the protruding frond, from the street lamp that is high and to the left. One of the reasons i never went for the, *through the glass* explanation was simple. I've seen these sort of artifacts umpteen times on pictures taken where there are, multiple light sources, non of them being the dominant one.

Ok. I have no idea what a 'frond' is? But I wiki'ed it
en.wikipedia.org...

Your saying that the object that looks like a carton inbetween the arrows I marked on the picture is a large plant?

its the front of a large frond from the tree, or a bush, but probably the tree, part of which is in deep shadow, part of which is lit by both the gap in the trees and the street lamp that is out of view to the top left.

See this is what cracks me up on this forum.. Someone shows you a face on mars you get along lecture on how the brain anthropomorphises shapes to make that which is familiar. Here, that's all thrown out and completely disregarded, by the very same people who would have been banging on about elsewhere. Why, well only they know that..

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

I can't see it

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

I want to know what that object in the reflection is marked with the > <
and I want to know what that object is in the reflection marked with * *

A small light colored hatchback travelling in the opposit direction and behind the veiwer, reflected in the windscreen ,(*or possibly an object on the dashboard reflected on the windscreen) and the next streetlight , Emerging through the trees as the veiwer approaches the spot where the photos were taken, respectively.

*just as likely

[edit on 25-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Okay let me try to explain (deep breath)

Where the person drew the two > < would be the (back of the?) vehicle. I'd almost say it's a white vehicle. It is tipping downwards. Heading east.

Where the * is, that would be the street line (in which, the car rests on top)

The car would be driving into that tree (reflection-wise).

You really have to blow this baby up in PhotoShop or whatever program you have.
I'm telling you....it looks pretty obvious to me when I did that.

(exhale)

Smile~

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

ill say it for the last time i was not in my car i was leaning on the bonet the light or reflection could they be been car lights coming from behind me

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by missfee

G'day missfree

I'm at the site now to take a few pic's.

It's all very interesting!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
A small light colored hatchback travelling in the opposit direction and behind the veiwer, reflected in the windscreen , and the streetlight alias 'the orange light', Emerging through the trees as the veiwer approaches the spot the photos were taken, respectively.

If that object is reflected in the windcreen and is a small hatchback travelling the opposite direction then the witness took this behind the glass as i stated, which isn't outside the car.

You see for me, during this whole story there have been far too many discrepancies already, was she 'in or out' of the car?

Was she walking home from a friends house or stopped in a layby taking pictures of the sunset?

Dont get me totally wrong. I take pictures of rainbows, the sky, the sunset myself. I know what can be reflected during natural light and artificial light, I just havent seen this effect before without the use of reflective sources
I.e: glass

I know firemoon has come forward and explained its a frond or front of a tree but I dont buy it, the object i am talking about is white and rectangular and looks every bit like a solid white object thats reflected through glass. Something on the backseat or something on the dashboard. It's frustrating as I can't make out what it is.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by missfee

Air does not reflect light. If the reflections are from cars approaching from the east there would still have to be something between you and the trees to reflect the light. Something transparent. And smooth. Like glass.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw

I know firemoon has come forward and explained its a frond or front of a tree but I dont buy it

Me neither.

Sounds like counter-debunking pseudo-science to me.

Plus, Eucalyptus don't have fronds. Palm trees have fronds, ferns have fronds. eucalyptus trees have leaves.

[edit on 25/3/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by missfee
reply to post by CHRLZ

ill say it for the last time i was not in my car i was leaning on the bonet the light or reflection could they be been car lights coming from behind me

Hi Fiona! Glad you're here!

It IS a car passing. I can almost make out it's tail lights. Now, not being too familiar with science theory, I don't know from what prospective this is but as of now.....I am giving you the benefit of doubt.

But ATSers....it IS a passing vehicle! Blow up the photo yourselves!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish
reply to post by cripmeister

Keep looking at it (or blow it up). I almost have no doubt at all it's a passing car on the street (maybe with the street line too).

[edit on 25-3-2010 by TwoPhish]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

You don't get reflections of objects on the opposite side of a piece of glass. Only from the same side. The observer and the object being reflected have to be on the same side of the glass.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by munkey66

The beam I circled is present no matter what side drive it is. No?

Simple, go and do it for yourself, that's the very essence of science... Funnily enough, that usually, exactly what i try to do myself when these sort of things come up. rather than relying on those with some sort of agenda, i do the work for myself. Or with photography i call a professional friend and ask them.

Then maybe someone can explain to me how. A person of 5 ft 2, can take a picture through the windscreen of a Galaxy without managing to include any of the interior or superstructure, even from the passenger seat?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You don't get reflections of objects on the opposite side of a piece of glass. Only from the same side. The observer and the object being reflected have to be on the same side of the glass.

I tend to agree but I really want to give her the benefit of doubt.

Are there no other explanations as to how this can occur? Can you get some sort of triangulation in a prism-like kinda way? I'm not convinced that that can't be the case (seeing how I know little about science)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

to those of you who think i took money for these pictures there was no money exchanged and as for paying for my chemo with money from these your not as smart as you think ??????
havent you heard of privet health cover or medicare u MORRON i mightent be the brightest crayon in the box with a uni degree but i have never claimed to be either

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join