It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Sydney Australia

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Frost

Let's see.
1) Blatant lie about the streetlight
2) "Interesting" streaks on every image
3) The two "orbs". They are interesting but have a closer look.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b3e8cb92979.png[/atsimg]

They just happen to line up with the glare from the streetlight (yes, it is a streetlight). They are "illuminated" by the streetlight (lighting angle). Either they are something the size of baseballs flying under the streetlight, or they are CGI (IMO).

[edit on 3/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

Yes, I must say I'm pretty happy and I guess shouldn't be so quick to call fake!

Sometimes when you think something cant be real it turns out it is!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

i'll leave u with it i hope to be on again around 9.30 sydney time it would be good to see what you come up with or maby even solv because i dont like to be called a HOAX and i dont need 15 minuts of fame.
iv just finished haveing my second dose of kemo theropy so who gives a crap about fame wen there more important things such as family you moron and what women would put her self in the lime light looking and feeling as sick as i do

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree she did avoid certain questions, but I just cant agree with the Orb conclusion.

CGI? Fiona? nope don't buy it.

Oh well this is one account that I am happy was discussed.

I guess for now we will just have to agree to disagree..... If new information comes to light and someone months down the track really debunks this then so be it!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by missfee

Thanks for all your information today, it was great!

I am sorry to hear that your going through Chemo, that's terrible.

At least you can say that you may be one of the very rare people to witness such a phenomenon.

We hope that you stop by again and maybe recall further information that could really help.

I understand its tiring getting bombarded with questions for days on end!

But here at ATS we kind of thrive on it

Be well!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
One has to laugh.
Every day we hear calls that we want proof, someone takes a few pictures and posts them, straight away its, just mud or a street light, It's a hoax.

Some people just take pictures, they see something strange and they don't know what it is, they post it, we then get experts with google pointing out a small flaw with the whole story,
If you look at google earth I find my house is a different colour so obviously it does not exist now, I mean google earth does not lie

May I suggest that just part of the story may be an inacurate account and not the whole story itself.
I witnessed a UFO event that I could not explain and I found it hard to remember every aspect of the entire situation, I know what I saw, but I can't remeber where every street light was at the time.

even if it was a street light that suddenly turned on, how do we explain the rest of the anomilies?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
To be honest. I'm not actually sure what Phage is on about. I can say almost 100% that. The pictures were taken from the right hand side of the picture Phage posted looking towards the camera. If you blow up the original photos the single white line and the hard shoulder run off are on the left, not the right and it would mean her car was parked in the middle of the traffic.

You do realise cars drive on the left in Australia don't you? if they didn't the oncoming traffic in her photo's are driving on the wrong side of the road

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by missfee

I went through radiation therapy and chemo more than twenty years ago. Be strong, it is difficult. I hope your outcome is as successful as mine.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Let's see.
1) Blatant lie about the streetlight
2) "Interesting" streaks on every image
3) The two "orbs". They are interesting but have a closer look.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b3e8cb92979.png[/atsimg]

They just happen to line up with the glare from the streetlight (yes, it is a streetlight). They are "illuminated" by the streetlight (lighting angle). Either they are something the size of baseballs flying under the streetlight, or they are CGI (IMO).

Will you PLEASE stop messin' with my head! Just when I think I am convinced this isn't a street light [[[[bam]]]]].....you do this.

Gotta admit guys, it does look like a friggin lamp post.

But as far as Fiona, or anyone really, fabricating this ....starting with a smudge on their windshield, then a street light above, then throwing two baseballs up in the air......sounds like more trouble than it's worth, not to mention, pretty talented too!

So....I don't think this is a hoax. Maybe misunderstood? Maybe embellished? But not deliberate though (but then again, I swore that this wasn't her typing on here either).

Man, this is tough!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

correct it appeard when the large object appeard

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Well done Phage! I deduce the light is infact the streetlight phage points out. Further that its luminosity 'appeared'
above/behind trees as your car approaches that point in the road, having previously been obscured by said trees.

So the two objects did not emerge from it, its a streetlight. What the two orbs are remains to be seen, however I beleive
the other blob to be something on the windscreen, totally incidental, but became your focus and the basis for the whole story.

as i was clicking the shots i was also watching with my eyes i was amazed wen the shots captured what i had seen with my own two eyes the two orbs (as u call them)stoped wher the pic shows and took off to the right under the bright orange object

So you are not infact claiming the anonymous blob is anything , that was the media? You were only ever talking about the two 'orbs'?

the street lights were already on as u can see in pics 3/4/5 half way up that tree is a street light and 20 or 30 meters behind me

This dosent contradict my theory that that particular street light simply wasnt visible till you reached that point on the road.

Now when I enlarge it....the phantom 'pole' goes away. I think this light source was above the trees and in the sky!

Sorry, it hasnt gone away, infact its being rather stubborn im afraid, I still see hint of it through the opening in the froliage.

Blimey, i assumed that was just a street lamp. Having blown it up, there doesn't seem to be any lamp post under the light..

Thats because the light isnt bunged on a straight pole. Thse are metal poles with a horizontal extention. (see phages image)
You can justr make out this horizontal extention through the small gap in the froilage.

Your "big orange light" is a streetlight and you are a hoaxer.

Its definately a streetlight, but I wouldnt call her a deliberate hoaxer, she seems to beleive it, perhaps she's convinced herself.
Eitherway, how about those two balls mate, Your thoughts? Late birds illuminated by the angle of the setting sun?
These two balls are really all that remain to be explained.

Either they are something the size of baseballs flying under the streetlight, or they are CGI (IMO).

CGI? C'mon
I think plain old birds or equally possible, bats, are more likely. I really dont 'Fiona" went to the trouble of editing the images, i think her response to the orbs, quite reasonable under the circumstances.
Discovering the unoticed anomalous blobs caused by something unoticed on the windscreen when the pics were taken, would be somewhat amusing, nothing more, perhaps annoying, Fiona says "Ruined her photos'.
The two 'orbs' might have intrested me more and grab my attention as a curiosity, though I might have applied the brakes before the wagon hurtled over the cliff into fantasy!

Not fake, just Embarresingly Misidentified . Good one mum!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Wow. Just.. like.. wow. Entertaining thread!

1. If most of those pictures were NOT taken from behind a windshield, then I've never analysed a picture before. The pale reflections and the linear glare patterns from the streetlight are the type found on windshields, not so much in camera lenses (esp the reflections..)

2. The main object is very clearly out of focus. The blur is evenly spread around the object, so it CANNOT be motion blur, unless the object is coming right at the camera... The object is NEAR the camera. VERY near, as the camera clearly has much depth of field, just like any small-sensor cam.

3. Yes, the bright light is a streetlight. Anyone who doesn't recognise that, clearly hasn't been down that road... If Fiona claims otherwise, then I challenge her to get a perfectly MATCHING image (trees, foliage, road, etc) that *doesn't* show the light. I'd do it meself, but I'm a bit north of Sydney at the moment, and I think Phage has pretty adequately busted that one with Google Earth, anyway..
(Oh, and the light has blown out that area with flare, so of course you can't see the flaming post.. sheeesh!)

4. The changing shape of the object *on her windscreen* was caused by simply changing the angle of the camera, and moving it a little nearer/further away. Now, you're probably thinking that's a groundless claim, or wild-a$$ed guess, but look here:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1c55c0131a9.jpg[/atsimg]
(hope that works...)
I've cropped the object out of the *second image*, pasted the 'object' transparently into the first image, and then did a single linear 'transform' - the shape of the area shows you exactly what I did. Snap. And repeatable by anyone with a decent image editor (that's science at work, folks!).
Moving the camera will change the size of the object as well as distort it, usually in a linear fashion exactly as I have shown there. Notice that using a small and very simple linear distortion, the two shapes can be easily made to match. As the camera was close to the object, any small change in position involves a correspondingly larger change in angle (that's photogrammetry at work, folks!). And if the object was even slightly 3-dimensional - as, sadly, some squashed bugs/mud/birdcrap is - then it is even easier to get changing shapes (like the sultana example posted earlier).

Now, I'm not going to call deliberate hoax, as I know how the mind works. (I gave a recent example of my brain screwing up with a bird that I thought was a 737 for a few seconds...
)

First up, I'll bet Fiona has not got an exact recollection of the exact sequence of images, perhaps some were out of the car, but the ones in question were definitely behind a windshield. Secondly, I've caught an object on the windshield in the corner of my eye before, so perhaps she did see 'something', snap some shots, and then maybe even saw more objects (birds, plane, helicopter, dunno). When she went back to the images, she may have confused which were which. The windshield ones showing the crud were the most interesting, so why not use them...

But in simple terms, the main object in those pics is CLOSE, very close, to the camera. If she saw something genuinely flying in the sky, those things are NOT it.

Sorry, but there it is. Only my opinion, of course - judge for yourselves if I know my stuff.

But do carry one, guys. It's been quite entertaining.

Edited to add..
PS - I should comment on the 'orbs', I s'pose... Frankly, they are too small and indistinct to make any real judgement - you can see that jpeg artefacting along with the horrible sharpening that cheap cameras do automatically, has rendered them pretty much unidentifiable. They do look like they 'may' be illuminated from the direction of the street lamp, but that could be just an effect caused by their shape and the sharpening/jpegging. When I first saw them, I immediately thought stone chips in the windscreen, but they could be birds, bats or even close flying bugs, or just more crud on that windscreen.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
G'day

I'm curious enough about this that I'll take a detour to the viewing site tomorrow & take some photos with my iPhone.

That will be about 15-16 hours from now.

I'll do what I can to duplicate the photos taken by Fiona from the point of view of viewing angles, identifying streetlights, etc...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Howdy MMN, could you chase up a PT Cruiser to take the images from as well please?

Thanks!

[edit on 25/3/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
&

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
G'day

I'm curious enough about this that I'll take a detour to the viewing site tomorrow take some photos with my iPhone.

That will be about 15-16 hours from now.

I'll do what I can to duplicate the photos taken by Fiona from the point of view of viewing angles, identifying streetlights, etc...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

You remind me of me, Maybe.. - well done!! I love this sorta stuff.

The only minor problem would be matching the zoom angle (focal length) of the OP's camera - does the iphone have a zoom? (please tell me it doesn't just zoom digitally..!)

Then again, most of that type of camera have a similar default focal length anyway, so I think you could get close. Can't wait to see your shots. Maybe you could even try to shoot at about the same time, and from behind a windscreen, upon which is... well, please yourself..!

PS - I dare you to get a local kid to throw a frisbee...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This story made the 7pm Project on Channel 10 tonight.

They made the usual jokes about aliens/UFOs and they had Martin Plowman as a guest to discuss UFOs. Martin Plowman has a PhD from Melbourne Uni for studying UFOs in some kind of sociology degree.

Why does the MSM go silly over inconclusive pictures like this, when there's better evidence that never sees the light of day? Answer: They want the subject to remain kooky and easily dismissed.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Howdy MMN, could you chase up a PT Cruiser to take the images from as well please?

Thanks!

G'day Chadwickus

I'll take the Aston Martin tomorrow.....it's easier to take photos from than the Lamborghini.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

G'day CHRLZ

I'll have a think about all that

It's possible I could end up there later in the day if I get held up in Sydney.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Thanks!

[edit on 25/3/10 by Chadwickus]

Oh Absolutely, The strictest Scientific method, Im sure he'll do no less than peruse sydney car rentals till he finds and hires the same model, (and color!) for authenticity! "UFO CSI" Coming Soon!
(right after miami CSI, CSI los angeles, CSI New York and ofcourse, CSI
)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm interested to read the other witness reports - I did read the article where others had said they saw something as well, over the Blue Mountains and rural New South Wales.

In a post a few pages back, there was a map of Australia with reference to Alice Springs ... what was that related to? I tried to read back the pages of posts but didn't find reference.

Im in the ball park that there is a good possibility this is not a hoax. Its not unusual to hear of unidentified craft in the Blue Mountains, and I have seen UFO's very close to Sydney central (as well) myself.

It will be interesting to follow this story to a conclusion after any investigations.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Smiggle]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Great

reply to post by CHRLZ

The iPhone does not have optical zoom only digital.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by cripmeister]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join