It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Million Kids Got Rotarix Vaccine Tainted With Pig Virus!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

30 Million Kids Got Rotarix Vaccine Tainted With Pig Virus!

www.blacklistednews.com

Federal health authorities recommended Monday that doctors suspend using Rotarix, one of two vaccines licensed in the United States against rotavirus, saying the vaccine is contaminated with material from a pig virus.

"There is no evidence at this time that this material poses a safety risk," Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Margaret Hamburg told reporters in a conference call.

Rotarix, made by GlaxoSmithKline, was approved by the FDA in 2008. The contaminant material is DNA from..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com
cryptogon.com

[edit on 23-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't know what to believe here, it says that this is not harmful to humans or animals, and that it's found in everyday meat products. But, how come the FDA is recommending that the vaccination should be suspended then? That makes no sense to me.

Does anyone personally know anything more about this virus that they can share? I will look up more information myself and share it but until then feel free to add to this thread.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/3/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would assume just becasue it was tainted with something that wasn't supposed to be there. Dunno man not an expert. Thanks for posting this though definatley worth looking into. My daughter last year got the rotavirus shot...scary. Will have to schedule a follow-up. S&F

[edit on 23-3-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

supprising they can get this stuff tainted
considering the enviroment and how clean the area has to be for production of
these vaccines along with all the testing.

unless they put it in on purpose

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Good point. I guess someone/someplace was not meeting FDA standards nor following protocol.

"Hey Jim I was just out killing some pigs and I forgot to wash my hands and wear gloves, you think this batch of vaccinations will be cool man?"

"Yea bro, just don't tell anyone else and everything will be fine!"

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A little tainted pig in the muslin world can't be too bad, can it? Maybe it was planted...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think you maybe correct sir. I wonder how many children of Muslim families had this shot. Not a good thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
A little tainted pig in the muslin world can't be too bad, can it? Maybe it was planted...

whaaa? is that suppose to be funny?

Pig and muslim ok funny.

but tainted vaccine how you get a joke out of that?

if your kid was vaccinated with it would it ok if we all had a laugh about it with teh slogan, a little rare blood doesnt do any harm?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

could be making Extra money, the plant could also be a Pig Farm
with the lab tecs being butchers aswell.

hard times

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Yeah, this is really not a laughing matter. I think vaccinations all together are unsafe at this point in time, we have no idea what we're having shot into our body.

But knowing something is tainted, how is that funny? If you were the one with the tainted vaccination within you, you probably wouldn't be laughing, would you?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is my favorite quote from the article:

"We're not pulling it from the market, we're just suspending its use during this period while we're collecting more information," she said.

In other words until the general public forgets about it. Wouldn't want the profits to go away, by making clean batches and disposing of the tainted ones. /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tk2dsky

Thats sickening isn't it? Lets wait and see how everyone is effected first before making a big deal out of this ya know? Then we'll just let the vaccination continue and tell everyone it's a new batch and not tainted!

I honestly would not go near this vaccination now, or in the future. It's being suspended right now, and I bet that doctors/pharmacy's aren't even telling anyone who got the vaccination about this issue. There should be some sort of FDA mandated procedure when things like this happen - but of course this isn't...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

My doctor tried to explain why my infant daughter needed this, I said "no way".

In fact I refused all the vax for her.

Good thing I was paying attention to sites like this.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The safety protocols in those pharmaceutical factories must be dropping.

How can a "pharmaceutical grade" product be allowed to be contaminated? They pride themselves in the high purity +99%.

Another recent case is the Novartis swine flu vaccine.

It was contaminated with foreign bacteria not supposed to be present in an antiviral vaccine.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

My doctor tried to explain why my infant daughter needed this, I said "no way".

In fact I refused all the vax for her.

Good thing I was paying attention to sites like this.

Yeah I'm glad to hear that you held back from letting you daughter get any vaccinations. We have no idea what is in ANY of them these days!

I tried to explain this to a girl I meant who had two kids, she was getting them the swine flu vaccinations and I tried to protest to her about how bad they were but she just flipped out on me (I guess she was scared) about it because she said she believed her pharmacy wouldn't lie to her
I feel bad for those kids
I was going to date her too but I just couldn't deal with her, not just because of the vaccination thing, but she was very self-centered and was not willing to listen to what I to say, even though I had proof to back up the vaccination stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Originally posted by Xtrozero

whaaa? is that suppose to be funny?

Pig and muslim ok funny.

but tainted vaccine how you get a joke out of that?

if your kid was vaccinated with it would it ok if we all had a laugh about it with teh slogan, a little rare blood doesnt do any harm?

It was a sarcastic statement based on the chances that pig parts would make it into a vaccine used in 3rd world countries by the millions with many of these countries muslin based. I was suggesting that maybe there something more to it than just happen chance.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
I think you maybe correct sir. I wonder how many children of Muslim families had this shot. Not a good thing.

here you go sir :

Pig virus scare sparks UAE child vaccine recall

i dont know how harmful to kids its going to be , but the most important thing is when are these kind of contaminations going to stop?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Pigs are genetically similar enough to humans that they are used all the time in the study of human diseases. A contamination of this type seems small compared to "accidentally" including live virus (that kill ferrets). I guess pigs and humans do share a lot of characteristics, some humans do anyway.

new topics

top topics

join