It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't like HCR, what do you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hello everybody...well, it's now passed and being signed into law...the Health Care Reform Bill. Obama stuck to his guns...so to speak, and the bill is now law. We wrote our Congress, we wrote editorials, we called, we protested, we voted in elections...we did all we could legally do...and still it passed.

There will now be lawsuites, legal challenges, efforts to block and corrupt the integrity of the measure...and the coming November,2010 elections. My question to you ATS...what do you do next? There are plenty here decrying the vote, the means of passage, the Constitutionallity of the Law...many are angry, frustrated. There is talk of counter laws at the state level, some are calling for civil unrest, violent protest, even sedition and rebellion.

So...what do you do?... Keep whinning, continue fighting it legally and civily, or do you now pursue the unthinkable? Will you now get some extra cleaning kits, inventory the ammo, start jogging at 5am, and rereading the Anarchist's CookBook and studying Mao's Book of Guerilla Warfare?

Frankly, my next move will be based on the results of the mid-term elections. Not gonna expand on it more than that.... What's your next move?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I suspect the same as your next move...I will vote. And I will campaign against the ones who shoved it down my throat...all the while preparing to do some shoving of my own.

A s&f for you 'cause you made me think about it! Thanks!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Same thing you do when you dont like anything the government does.

Suck it up or optimistically vote (waste of time) or resist and end up dead or in jail.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I will do several things.

First I will vote independent from now on.

Second, I will e-mail and call my new independent Congressmen and Senetors to convince them to repeal the bill if they want re-election.

Third, I will refuse to report on my taxes (even though my employer provides medical coverage for me ) weather I have insurance or not stating Medical Confidentiality.

It is no business of the Federal Government how I handle my medical care.

They will have to prove in court how they can force me to tell them who covers my medical care.

I hope the rest of you will follow suit.

top topics

join