It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I believe that there is a deeper issue here that the citizens of the United States of America is starting to realize. Before I get to that point, I would like to go back into history, to the founding of the country. 1764, Ben Franklin was in Londen, to try to see what he could do to try to ease the tensions between the colonies, Up until that time, he was a loyal supporter of the astorcracy and the British Royal Crown. He had great respect for the British Parlimentary system and the king. While there, he endured abuse and hatered for himself and the colonies. The main cause that the country was rebelling against, was not for the taxes or loss of rights, but the lack of representation and the tyranny of the British crown towards the colonies. Yes England needed money and the taxes were just, however, what he failed to realise is that there was no representation of the colonies in Parliment, and without that representation from the colonies, then Parliment could run roughshod over the colonies, at the behest of the monarchy. The voice of the people were not being heard or fully ignored. When a government failed to listen, respond or speak for its people then it boarderlines on tyranny, as it means that government no longer fears the very people it is suppose to speak for. When a government fears its people you have democracy and the will of the people, its voice sounds out loud and clear, but when it is ignored, it is Terrany.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0cce37f3640.jpg[/atsimg]

I agree.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just thought I'd throw this in here. This is the way every human should live. If you can't live free, you might as well die. Emiliano Zapata had a great thing to say, "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees". Life is a dish worth jack # without freedom to spice it up with. And I can never respect somebody who would voluntarily give up their freedom to feel safe. Never.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
For an amazing history lesson, from a book that TPTB would not publish, by a Professor of Linguistics that was considered perhaps the words highest IQ ever... who decoded the Indian Wampums and then wrote a History of America...that will totally blow your minds..

The Tribes and The States, by William James Sidis LINK

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Stormdancer I agree. And I too feel the same way. And it is breaking my heart.

yeah...well when cheney was running the country, i was scared sh&tless too...by the way my income taxes are lower, my heart attacks i had in the past are no longer a pre-existing condition, my 22-year old son can now be put on me and my wifes health insurance plan, american soldiers in Iraq are finally being pulled out, employment numbers are up, and HABEUS CORPUS IS ONCE MORE THE LAW OF THE LAND

and my heart is far from broken for the above changes

[edit on 3-4-2010 by jimmyx]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join