It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Navy warns of possible Cole-like attack in Yemen!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Could this be the so called "False Flag" everyone was talking about yesterday?

Navy warns of possible attack

In a special advisory, the Office of Naval Intelligence is warning that al-Qaida remains interested in attacking ships along the coast of Yemen and could try the same method used to attack the Norfolk-based destroyer Cole in 2000. A small boat laden with explosives detonated alongside the Cole, killing 17 sailors. In October 2002, a French oil tanker, the Limburg, was attacked in a similar fashion. The Navy highlighted a U.S. Maritime Administration notice dated March 10 that urged all vessels in the area to maintain heightened readiness. It said ships in the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and Bab-al-Mandeb Strait are at greatest risk of attack, particularly in areas with limited maneuverability and while in or near port or at anchor. The Navy asked merchant vessels to report any suspicious activity.

Thoughts?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject. [/b

[edit on 23/3/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here is a more reliable report out of the Associated press since ive never heard of the Hampton Road.

AP report on possible attack

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I want to know how the heck those guys/gals can even get so close to a war ship? why not put up a sign in all languages saying "if you get within 500 ft. of the vessel we will blow you out of the water." don't they have radar? I am obviously no expert on this subject but it just seems so funny to me that a little tiny boat can get so close to "our" ships....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KidIkarios

hahahah I like the sign idea
I did find it alittle disturbing that they could just creep up to the boat and blow themselves up without anyone noticing there approach. Maybe the boat is too small to detect on radar? Like you said im not expert either so I cannot say definitively what happened or what is to come.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KidIkarios
I want to know how the heck those guys/gals can even get so close to a war ship? why not put up a sign in all languages saying "if you get within 500 ft. of the vessel we will blow you out of the water." don't they have radar? I am obviously no expert on this subject but it just seems so funny to me that a little tiny boat can get so close to "our" ships....

When a ship pulls into port with no US miltary presence, it cordinates with the local embassy/consulate to take on supplies, fuel, dumps trash, etc. The embassy/consulate DAO coordinates this with local vendors/businesses.

In the Cole's case, they were anchored in the harbor. They were taking on fuel, supplies, utilizing a trash barge, etc. That means small vessels come out to the ship and deliver supplies, fuel etc. They didn't take enough force protection measures, hence the small boat was able to get close enough to detonate with tragic consequences.

So something could similar happen with a merchant vessel without proper protective measures in place. US ships now pull into Djibouti where the US and French currently have bases.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
Here is a more reliable report out of the Associated press since ive never heard of the Hampton Road.

AP report on possible attack

Hampton Roads is a large body of water and refers to the Norfolk/Virginia Beach metro area that basically surrounds it. Norfolk is the homeport to the US Navy Atlantic Fleet and numerous other military facilities.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I dont know about you guys but this just seems like another attempt to get the American public backing the idea of an invasion of Yemen. Wasn't the "Underwear Bomber" from Yemen? The MSM sure love to build up that fear before unleashing it on the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I dont know about you guys but this just seems like another attempt to get the American public backing the idea of an invasion of Yemen. Wasn't the "Underwear Bomber" from Yemen? The MSM sure love to build up that fear before unleashing it on the world.

The underwear bomber was from Nigeria, he had been to Yemen, yes. I don't really see a build up of "fear". Yemen is pretty much lawless aside from it's capital city, especially in the North. It's perfect for militant groups to set up shop. That's part of the reason Saudi was bombing militant camps at the northern border a few months ago and the Yemeni military was cracking down. With a little nudge from the US of course.

There will be no invasion of Yemen by the US. An incursion by the Saudi's maybe, but not the US.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

The underwear bomber was from Nigeria, he had been to Yemen, yes. I don't really see a build up of "fear". Yemen is pretty much lawless aside from it's capital city, especially in the North. It's perfect for militant groups to set up shop. That's part of the reason Saudi was bombing militant camps at the northern border a few months ago and the Yemeni military was cracking down. With a little nudge from the US of course.

There will be no invasion of Yemen by the US. An incursion by the Saudi's maybe, but not the US.

Well for the past couple of months ive heard many reports about Yemen and Al-quida having links. I remember hearing talk like "We need to do somthing about this" all the time on the news but as you said, I doubt we will move in and do anything at all. Our forces are already stretched out and we dont have money to be supporting another fight in another country

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Im very suprised this is not bigger news on ATS. I guess people rather dream about aliens and the Annunaki or whatever lol.

top topics

join