It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 23rd... Recap of Season 1 of "V" and signing of HCB on same day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The "Dawn of an New Day" brain washing television series can now move forward.

I have a feeling that the series was purposely postponed until the signing of the HCB was completed by President Obama. My reasoning for this assumption would be because if the HCB did not pass, the storyline would have to have been either changed a bit to get people back in line with it or canned all together. This series is a failing attempt by the right to make the left look like evil alien reptilians who are taking over the world... Geesh. What next.

Do you recall that the V's wanted to propose health care to the humans and offer a Super Vaccine? Well.....Check and Check. Next step.... Renewable energy to be dangled like a carrot.

Take the characters of the program and relate each one to a popular person in the media now. It is so pathetically in your face that you wouldn't even question it. It is a brilliant medium to get people on board with the "PLAN".

Then again... This is just my opinion.

What's yours?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by PreyBird]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Come on people....Anyone???

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

I love to think like this... For fun. It's a fun idea, it would be cool sci-fi, but I think you're stretching like mad.

I haven't watched V though, so...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
To be honest I can think of no other reason why they should have cut the series short after spending God knows how much money promoting it internationally and after only 4 episodes. I can think of no other TV series that has ever done this.

So, V is airing again, looks like a trip to EZTV tonight for a quick download. I hate that we have to wait to get these types of show over here

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sorry, I haven't been watching the show, but your theory is interesting. I'm sure social engineering is being applied with these type of programs. I would like to see what others think who have been watching this all along.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

I'm no fan, but I was under the impression that they had done that on purpose, partly because they didn't expect the show to last? So they only fully produced 4 episodes initially, since the networks are so cancel happy.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I actually really enjoyed the show and was disappointed when it got delayed so early.

I cant understand if its being used to discredit the topic that quite a few people believe to be true or what,

But i certainly noticed the health care and vaccine propaganda,

I was actually thinking about making a thread about this the other day,

Good job maybe add a couple videos for people that may not have seen it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I liked the show. It was entertaining.
I got a good giggle or two out of the
vaccine thing. It's funny to sit there and
understand the humor of where they get
their ideas from. But it's just a T.V. show,
Don't read into it too much.... just enjoy the
hot little alien chicks.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
To be honest I can think of no other reason why they should have cut the series short after spending God knows how much money promoting it internationally and after only 4 episodes. I can think of no other TV series that has ever done this.

So, V is airing again, looks like a trip to EZTV tonight for a quick download. I hate that we have to wait to get these types of show over here

I can't remember what site I went onto to download 'V' from the UK but I did watch the 1st four episodes and I thought it was bloody brilliant.

I really can't understand why they haven't shown it properly here in the UK on SciFi Channel or Sky1? And what was it, last November it was on ABC in the US?

If they made loads more episodes and don't cut it short like 'Firefly' (think that was it), then they could be onto a HUGE money earner. Loads of people would watch it and buy it as DVD Boxset off Amazon for example.

The bosses need firing for not moving this forward!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It is pretty weird that this will start up after the "universal health care" has been passed since the series attacks the validity the V's Hope and Change.

The V's to put a mystery chemical in the humans' flu vaccine while the V's themselves offer a miracle vaccine in their free clinics.

The whole inner dynamics of the V's are the Collective Anna supporters versus the individual John May rebels.

Props to the OP. I agree they will bust out the free energy device in the coming weeks.

Or maybe it's going to be something to reduce pollution or something to do with Global Warming.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Contrasting two things that are linked in no way except for some cosmetic similarities.

I think I just voided my bowels.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 23-3-2010 by serenesupreme]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Comparing two things that are linked in no way except for some cosmetic similarities.

I think I just voided my bowels.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
maybe they stopped it to get momentum going..curiosity spiking to get a feel for people's reactions to such an expensive undertaking...

I will give it to you that the show strikes some familiar tones regarding the political climate...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
For those that missed the first 4 episodes when they aired on TV you can watch them on-line here:

www.cucirca.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

Actually, the series had scheduled in September 2009 to run 4 episodes and take a break until March 2010 to avoid competing with the winter olympics. Some other shows did the same thing. Additionally, it is somewhat common practice for a TV show to break the season in 2 parts to leave you hanging before winter break and resume in the spring in time for the "sweeps" periods to garner a larger Nielson rating. There's no real conspiracy there as it is common.

It is also common that sci-fi space shows in general are somewhat of a veiled commentary on the political climate so the parallels to the Obama presidency and his policies are not likely coincidence. This is done just as similarly as Battlestar Galactica did during the Bush years - the Cylon occupation of New Caprica and the human "insurgents" using "roadside bombs" and becoming "suicide bombers" to fight off the superior weapons of the Cylons. That the Cylons are the US military and the humans are the Iraqis is not too hard to decipher. Neither of these two examples is conspiracy - just a sort of stab at whomever is president.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Without question, I accept the reasoning you have shared. I totally forgot to allow for the oversight of the Winter Olymics, because yes, I would definitely had been watching Canada kick the USA's ass in hockey over a new season episode of V.

But aside from that... I still believe that social conditioning is tucked into most popular tv series episodes. Another good example, as of late is the comedic sitcom(s) "How I Met Your Mother" & "Big Bang Theory".

Sometimes it is just fun to watch these shows to see what topics they are trying to enlighten our subconcious with. Regardless, these shows are almost as brilliant as Seinfeld was. Haha... OK, NOT!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Someone has deep unrelenting, problematic issues. Confusing a show about an alien race with the government. Although I will say some of our elect seem to behave like reptiles. Atleast the V wind up being completely open about themselves.

new topics

top topics

join