It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicians against Obamacare!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well more and more physicians are starting to declare their right to NOT participate and be FORCED to work for government bureaucrats!

Zindo

Physicians Against Obama Care!

Physicians Urged to Declare Independence
from Government, Other Third Parties

The Single Party finally bought enough votes to get the Senate-passed healthcare reform through the House, but its victory celebrations may be premature, states the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS). AAPS has been a voice for independence of doctors and patients since “healthcare reform” was first promoted in 1943.

Millions of Americans protested in Washington , D.C. , or in their local communities, and called and wrote to Congress in record numbers. Polls showed a large majority were opposed to the bill. They will not believe that this infamous process represents “government by the people,” as the President claims.

The bill will immediately create some 16,000 new jobs in the IRS, plus thousands in new bureaucracies to plan, monitor, assess, and enforce compliance. A heavier tax burden and costly insurance mandates will eliminate many more jobs—also in medical facilities.

“Physicians have tried to warn Congress that more government intrusion will drive as many as half of them out of practice,” stated Jane Orient, M.D., executive director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. “With limits on fees despite increasing costs, many can’t afford to pay their bills,” she said. Even more say that onerous bureaucratic rules and hassles make it difficult or impossible to practice good medicine.

When sick patients are found to be ineligible for treatment, or are stuck waiting in a long line, Drs. Slaughter, Pelosi, Obama, Sebelius, or other “reform” architects will not be available to take their calls, Orient predicts.

Programs—such as Medicare and Medicaid—that are already unsustainable and bankrupt cannot be salvaged by piling on still more obligations.

“The only safety net is private physicians and facilities,” Orient states.

Hundreds of physicians have signed the Physicians’ Declaration of Independence. Every day, more physicians are discovering that they can serve their patients better, and at a reasonable fee, by cutting all third parties out of the transaction.

“Opting out was the best thing I ever did!” commented one physician responding to an AAPS survey.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have already opted out, so will million of other Americans. Glad to see the Doctors are going to be available in the new Cash society.

I have a dentist and a few other necessary businesses already available on barter.

Time to starve the beast.

What do we need the Federal Government for again?

Oh yeah, they help us by stealing our labor, fomenting wars, scanning our bodies, etc etc etc.

Now, why was it we need them? Oh yes, they have the Green Economy idea also. What exactly is that again? How did Obama put it. Paraphrased-

This will necessarily drive energy prices through the roof!

Immigration reform and Cap and Tax next. WOOOOHOOOO, times be a changing!

Go Zindo!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The AMA, as well as the nine largest physician organizations after the AMA, have offered their support for the bill. Most of my colleagues support it, even most nurses I know support it. Of course, that's a small sample size, but it's just the few I work with on a daily basis.

It's interesting to me that those who screech the loudest about how this will "affect doctors" are neither doctors, nor are they in the health care field in even a tangential way.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I guess we'll just have to see how enamored they are when this whole thing transpires and they see they are even more regulated than they are now. When the wage freezes and taxes ripped from them kick in. I have read a majority of this bill. I'm willing to bet they haven't.
Zindo

edit for spelling

[edit on 3/25/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
The AMA, as well as the nine largest physician organizations after the AMA, have offered their support for the bill. Most of my colleagues support it, even most nurses I know support it. Of course, that's a small sample size, but it's just the few I work with on a daily basis.

It's interesting to me that those who screech the loudest about how this will "affect doctors" are neither doctors, nor are they in the health care field in even a tangential way.

My girlfriend is a first year pediatric resident who is about as ideologically conservative as a "Mao/Chavaz/Pelosi Frankenstein hybrid!" Anyway, she is rethinking her professional goals enlight of this disturbing trend towards Collectivism.

Anything the AMA advocates is antithetical to any definition of good medicine.

I have "opted out" of the Obama system as well and have begun the sequestration of my prior medical records to keep them from being uploaded into the "hive matrix" i.e., EHRs.

30 million (whatever happened to the "47 million?) more patients accessing a finite infrastructure will translate into a reduced standard of care any way you look at it. This means more P.A.s, more nursing consults, fewer M.D.s, more D.O.s, etc. Pretty soon the receptionist will have her own script pad.

Welcome to dystopia where everyone gets "treated." Life and the quality thereof just got a helluva lot cheaper!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think this might prove a point:

Zindo

Physicians retiring because of Obamacare!

Nearly One-Third of Doctors Could Leave Medicine if Health-Care Reform Bill Passes, According to Survey Reported in New England Journal of Medicine
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
By Christopher Neefus

(CNSNews.com) - Nearly one-third of all practicing physicians may leave the medical profession if President Obama signs current versions of health-care reform legislation into law, according to a survey published in the latest issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.

The survey, which was conducted by the Medicus Firm, a leading physician search and consulting firm based in Atlanta and Dallas, found that a majority of physicians said health-care reform would cause the quality of American medical care to “deteriorate” and it could be the “final straw” that sends a sizeable number of doctors out of medicine.

More than 29 percent (29.2) percent of the nearly 1,200 doctors who responded to the survey said they would quit the profession or retire early if health reform legislation becomes law. If a public option were included in the legislation, as several liberal Senators have indicated they would like, the number would jump to 45.7 percent.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by waycoolsnoopy

If your girlfriend is considering leaving medicine as a resident, when she still has an average of $180,000 of debt from medical school to repay, then she's either independently wealthy or financially stupid.

Nothing in the bill wll hurt physician autonomy. In fact, from what I've read both in the bill and from physician advocate groups, it will make practicing a bit easier as it removes some of the insurance company "middle-man" interference between the doctor and patient. It will be harder for insurance companies to go over a doctor's head an deny tests or treatments, and it will be harder for insurance companies to kick someone off of their plan based on a diagnosis.

Sounds pretty peachy to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Check your facts. They wouldn't jump ship they would consider retiring early.

More then half the doctors asked for the survey didn't even bother to respond ( what does that tell you for how important they feel it is)

Good luck bartering a 45 thousand dollar knee surgery. or 100k dollar heart transplant.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
As an aside comment, I haven't heard news of doctors leaving the medical fields in troughs, in countries like Canada or the UK. I know that in the UK, the field is rather competitive, actually. Apparently public health system works really well for docs there, I see no reason it should be any worth here.

We have created a mammoth of biblical proportions, in the form of insurance companies, HMOs and a giant bureaucracy serving all that. Like it or not, you are paying (and sometimes a pretty penny) to all this army of middlemen.

So, who is saying "starve the beast", I rather starve the mammoth.

new topics

top topics

join