It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Andrew Napolitano : Health Care Bill Passed by Congress Unconstitutional

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What some people don't understand is that the federal government was there to do certain jobs that we needed it to do and that was all.
Example:
You get hired as a babysitter to watch over a few kids, they gave you a few rules of things you could and couldn't do and your job was to follow these rules. You decide that you want more power and change all the rules so, you decide that you are going to be the wife of the man of the house, you are going to paint the house how ever you want without asking.
You are going to change the kids names and place them in another school.
You are going to divorce the man and kick him out of the house because now you believe that you have all of the rights to that family and he is going to have to pay you child support even if he took the kids.
We all know that the kids should go to a better school but, guess what, you were hired to be the babysitter, you were supposed to follow the rules and not make what ever rules you wanted to gain more power over this family. You are fired and all that you did that was not in the rules should go back to what it was before you became this power hungry maniac!!!!!!!
Right before the man of the house fires you he would say something like "I am as mad as hell, and I won't take this any longer!!!!!!!".

Edit: Please use my example or a better version of it, to make people see what is wrong with what they did with this bill. Some people don't understand or are just ignorant because they have no idea on the limits that the government has and why those limits are there.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

Applause! You put it in terms any 6th grader could understand. Now if we could just dumb it down just a bit more - they might just get it.

Star for your effort

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

A good analogy , If Congress gets away with this one ; well we all can kiss the Constitution goodbye. Time to Stand up America !!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Actually yes, those things ARE unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

You are not forced to buy an automobile and as such are not forced to buy auto insurance. Driving is optional. Please use better examples in the future. Thanks

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rynocerous7
reply to post by damwel

You are not forced to buy an automobile and as such are not forced to buy auto insurance. Driving is optional. Please use better examples in the future. Thanks

Wow you owned him pretty hard. So true I didn't even think of that. You could walk and not ride a car, but what could I do if I can't afford or don't want health insurance? Go to jail.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
And everyone just stood there with their thumbs up their _____ for everything else that toyed with our constitution. It's becoming more and more obvious that health insurances' investment in the GOP is not paying off so well for them. Maybe if they were more concerned about the actual people they represent rather than confusing the ____ out of people so they'd oppose something they have no idea about, this thing would have turned out different.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by patent98310]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
oh god, there's always something. the right wing always has to find some nonsense opposition to anything major that happens in favor of the democrats. obama's president, bam he's a kenyan. can't pass HCR cuz it's unconstitutional (to not support big businesses and to not take it in ass from insurance companies, they forget to add).

I hate to play the party game but those who call themselves the right wing can be so outrageous and blatantly wrong that I have to. It's almost like they do it to make you take a side.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

I'm sorry. As an individual who has taken the oath - We do not get to use the Constitution as a menu. If its Unconstitutional - its Unconstitutional period. This has nothing to do with party lines at least not in my camp.

I'm not against the actions of either party. What I am against is an agenda in complete circumvention of the Constitution and the Will of the people.

Next up - Illegal Immigrant Amnesty or perhaps the Carbon Tax. Mark my words - They will both pass. Lots of back and forth bickering, the illusion of choice, More debate and then passage.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

And that's why I cannot support this bill. Not only is it a major violation of free will, tons of people are going to be forced to make a decision no one should have to make.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by damwel

Considering that a good number of state governments are trying to block this legislation on constitutional grounds, his argument may have some merit. We'll find out soon enough.

Another reason for those states to sue is to attract the tea Party voters this fall. It just so happens the majority of the attorney generals suing are up for re-election or campaigning for other political offices.

FYI:

AG for Florida: Republican, running for Governor in 2010
AG for South Dakota: Republican, running for re-election in 2010
AG for Texas: Republican, running for re-election in 2010
AG for Utah: Republican, running for Senate in 2010 (campaign currently suspended)
AG for Nebraska: Republican, running for re-election in 2010
AG for North Dakota: Republican, running for re-election in 2010
AG for Alabama: Republican, running for re-election in 2010
AG for Pennsylvania: Republican, running for Governor in 2010
AG for South Carolina: Republican, running for Governor in 2010
AG for Washington: Republican, running for re-election in 2012

top topics

<< 1   >>

join