It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transportation Is A Basic Human Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by Justaposter
reply to post by mnemeth1

FOCUS PEOPLE!

No not pay for those 30 kids.. we have switched our focus to Princess life!

My idea:

Set the minimum wage to 1,000,000 dollars a hour.

We could all be millionaires overnight.

Keep talking, I *might* be willing to shelve the Princess life for a bit..

A 1,000,000.00 bucks an hour you say.. tell me more..

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

FOCUS PEOPLE!

No not pay for those 30 kids.. we have switched our focus to Princess life!

My idea:

Set the minimum wage to 1,000,000 dollars a hour.

We could all be millionaires overnight.

Keep talking, I *might* be willing to shelve the Princess life for a bit..

A 1,000,000.00 bucks an hour you say.. tell me more..

This is very simple.

We all know big corporations like Wal Mart sell goods from China and take all the profits for themselves.

By setting the minimum wage to 1,000,000 an hour, we can force the evil corporations like Wal Mart to make us all rich instead of hording profits for themselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Can I still have a pony?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Can I still have a pony?

no.

ponies are to roam free on the plains and all meat is to be banned.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Can I still have a pony?

no.

ponies are to roam free on the plains and all meat is to be banned.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

*Justaposter firmly places herself back into Princess Mode*

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Sir, what about starving mothers with 30 kids in public housing?

Isn't it our duty as good citizens to pay for her 30 kids food, clothing, housing, medical care, schooling, transportation, and all other aspects of their life?

Think of the children!

How is my wife supposed to get by on my McDonalds wages when we pump out 400 kids a year?

Her uterus is like the DMV. Clearly YOU must pay for my 5000 children.

I understand your point, and we are as much to blame for these situations as those who cause them.

Let’s say there is a single mom with two kids, and she has her poor HS education and no skill. If she works she will need to pay daycare and other expenses that will eat up her whole pay check and more. She basically has one option, and it is not work, but to go on welfare.

So what do we do? The worst thing we can do is what we are doing, and that is to provide free money with no way out. Welfare lifestyle really sucks, but if that is all you have then you are stuck. How about making those on welfare work for the city/state while they need to go to state run skill program to get some kind of skill the work force needs. A big part is providing daycare as part of the program and her state job might be as a day care provider for others on welfare.

You will always have those who don’t care and will not lift a finger to help themselves and for them all I can say is it is still their decision and so they should be dropped from the system.

Bottom line is I’m not smart enough to really figure it out, but I think anyone of us can come up with a better system than what we have now. I also think we need to only help those who want to help themselves.

Handholding stops at the age of 18…

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Given that everyone needs a car to get to work, I am proposing that government create a program to ensure every American has a car.

Someone missed the CARS program...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
"Transportation is a basic human right"

not likely. you want to get somewhere?

WALK! YOU GOT TWO FEET AND A HEART BEAT!

me and the rest of the world gotta carry our own arses... i ain't interested in picking yours or anyone elses up for that fact!
so you can sit on your easy chair and suck mustard till you need 2 ponies to get around!

every offense intended!

i feel like this guy started this thread to make points...

[edit on 24/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
walk or use a bicycle, it will keep you fit and less need for your new communist health care system

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

interesting point! in Aaaawstralia! parents on welfare get massive rebates on childcare because of their limited income, where working parents pay full childcare costs! It is a backwards system with a backwards goal!
it defeats the point of working!
it is subliminal way for the government to say "NO! Mum's stay at home and raise the kids! They don't go out and have a career and make friends and have intimate affairs with collegues! They raise the KIDS!"

no bias intented, just making a point

edit to add the word 'intimate'

[edit on 24/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

My wife doesn't work and so she takes care of the kids and I work. If you can't have this type of relationship then someone still needs to earn an income even if that person is a single mother with eight kids.
The whole situation just pisses me off to no end for I know it will cost me a good chunk even though I need none of it myself, and I hate paying for other peoples life's problems and failures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join