It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Obama signing HCR today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Let's take a quick trip back in my new time machine...

Amazing! This is probably the largest piece of s%$# legislation that I will probably ever see in my lifetime and Barry reneges yet again.

5 days sure go by rather quickly these days. I like Obama's idea of 5 days better than mine. I can now cram 5 days of work into 36 hours.

Just chalk this one up to the ever growing list of broken promises and shattered dreams

[edit on 23-3-2010 by jibeho]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The bill has to be signed before the death line of April 15, that is when the budget financial committee gets together to fix the deficit, been the HCR another bill into the deficit it would never made into law.

After all it will add more to the nations deficit regardless of what the Obama administration is telling.

Deceptions and more deceptions . . .

The HCR is not even finalized yet, he is signing a blank piece of paper like a blank check to be work on it, later on under another bill still to be vote on.

Deceptions and more deceptions. . .

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
he's a speed reader...I'm sure he's read every page and knows everything that is in it

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The deceptions are what you've been fooled into believing. The bill is finalized and has been passed by both houses. When Obama signs it in the next half hour it will be law.

The "sidecar" is a list of amendments that the house wants added. Those go back to the Senate for passage. If they fail then the HR law remains as it is. It's already passed both houses of Congress. It's a done deal.

Republicans are blowing their horn screaming that they will repeal the law in November. Mind you to do that they would have to swing over 130 seats in the house of reps. That's in order to override a Presidential veto. That's not going to happen. They know it's not going to happen, so when you talk deception... Why are they acting like they are going to repeal it. It's nothing but posturing.

What you should really be upset about is how the republicans are manipulating the public with lies and half truths in order to regain power and take us back to the Bush era where all these problems came from.

Do you really have such a short memory? I for one don't want to return to fueling the wealth of Haliburton, KBR and Blackwater etc. I would prefer to spend the money on getting a child covered under some kind of health care.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
More drama...like a bunch of teenage girls.

This bill has been available to the public for 3 months. If you haven't read it by now...you weren't going to read it in the next couple days.

Stop causing drama just to cause drama.

Propaganda is for the weak.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

rather the bush era than what we have now.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Well the problem is that this is a compilation of various bills and the help of private insurance companies and big pharma lawyers, I find very hilarious that a president will pass a legislation that has not been finished yet then make it look like he knows what the final product will be and lie to the people that trusted him.

But then again that is what politicians does now a days, we the people think we vote in this nation and we actually go to the polls and vote but when it comes to corporate power we are actually powerless . . .

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The HCR is not even finalized yet, he is signing a blank piece of paper like a blank check to be work on it, later on under another bill still to be vote on.

You really don't understand how our government works...do you?

Sad sad sad.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Oh, yes I do, the one that is falling for the lies and deception are the ones that have no clue.

I have been following government work and this particular presidents work for a long time.

I been behind the health care crap reform from day one and behind the corporate interest behind it.

You have no idea what is coming to us in the next 3 years.

But then again I still will be here in ATS like I have been since 2004 to debate the truth once it hits everybody in their butts.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yesterday was 3/22. Think Skull and Bones. Their symbol, has 322 below it. Why. Because it is a special day to the Clan. Something about Caesar.

Anyways, today is like a new dawn.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by jibeho

. . . that is when the budget financial committee gets together to fix the deficit . . .

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

[gasp gasp gasp gasp]

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man . . . anywhere it says something bout the government and them fixing the deficit . . . I can't help but laugh because the only other alternative is to cry myself to death.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I would prefer to spend the money on getting a child covered under some kind of health care.

Please, go right ahead and spend your money that way if it makes you feel better. Just stop spending my money for me.

That is exactly what this fiasco of a 'reform' is. It does nothing to stop insurance companies from making health care coverage too expensive. it sets no price guidelines. It does nothing to make health care itself less expensive. All it does is force insurance companies to stop offering less expensive plans and forces everyone to buy their more expensive plans.

Understand that, please: Obama just made it illegal for you to not pay for my healthcare, and illegal for me to not pay for yours. He just traded capitalism, the same economic system that created the wealth you enjoy (and yes, you enjoy wealth if you live in the US; the homeless here are wealthy compared to many other countries; you have a computer and internet!) for poverty and submission to authority. What will you do when that authority no longer acts like you want it to in your life? What will you do when vaccines are mandatory because they 'reduce the cost of insuring all Americans'? What will be your opinion when you are given poor treatment and you cannot sue because of the new 'tort reform', again to 'decrease healthcare costs'?

What will you do when the choice is between insurance and food, and you are forced to have the insurance?

No, those have not happened yet, but what has happened is the the government now has a vested stake in healthcare... and if that healthcare gets too expensive to suit them, do you really think they care more about your health than they do about their income?

Look ahead and see the path that is being taken.

And as for lies, yes, Bush & Co. lied, many many times. Obama has already lied more in one year, however, than they did in 8. And in the process, he has set us on a path that will harm many more people than Lil George ever thought about harming.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I know is laughable, but then again, this another of Obama promises, he is to "help fix the deficit" but now with a mammoth healht care reform and bailout of the private insurance businesses.

Obma is to appease the public now and fix the damage created by the HCR with having the financial committee invoke 1974 Budget Act and is linked to the annual budget cycle in Congress. It has been used to pass more than 22 tax cuts and deficit reductions over the years, but this bill would have make the HCR impossible to pass because is actually add to the deficit no cut it and they knew about this, that is why the bill was passed so fast and the way it is no finalized yet.

The pony show coming in the next few months is going to be something to watch.

But the worst is yet to come by 2013 when taxes will be included to pay for the HCR and we all be burdened with the debt.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
More drama...like a bunch of teenage girls.

This bill has been available to the public for 3 months. If you haven't read it by now...you weren't going to read it in the next couple days.

Stop causing drama just to cause drama.

Propaganda is for the weak.

Sure its been posted and altered and posted and altered yet again. It will still be altered after it is signed.

I am a man of my word contrary to Obama. He promised transparency and a 5 day lead time on his desk. The man should keep his word.

Perhaps he should get a free pass because he is a progressive democrat and not a republican??

I'm watching the ceremony right now and the only thing that is missing from the star struck dems in attendance is the ritual passing of the bota bag filled with "wine".

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The celebration is nothing but a show, the biggest celebration is in the private parties to follow by the the miltibillion dollar insurance companies where you or me are not invited, they will be celebrating while calling the American people slaves now they own our lives by mandate. . .

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just saw him Sign on the News here in Norway !!

The penn is mightier than the sword....

[edit on 23/3/2010 by ChemBreather]

new topics

top topics

join