It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas of Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by Gazrok
So far, the best evidence (for me) is the Altiplano region of Bolivia.

www.atlantisbolivia.org...

It simply fits all of the criteria laid forth in the writings

Erm, and the reference to Athens???

The South American Antlantians finally heard about gyros.

Hence, Athens was attacked.

Harte

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

There could be evidence but since it doesn't fit into the paradigm of mainstream science it would be rejected.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane

There could be evidence but since it doesn't fit into the paradigm of mainstream science it would be rejected.

There could be evidence of Mary Poppins as well, but since it doesn't fit into the paradigm of mainstream science it would be rejected.

Harte

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The Earth is round need I say more?

Oi.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

The Earth is round need I say more?

Oi.

Certainly not. from those few sparse words, I can immediately deduce that you are one of those that believe (wrongly, I might add,) that in the recent past "everybody believed the Earth was flat."

It's called the Myth of the Flat Earth.

Harte

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Then why does the scientific 'picture' of the world keep changing? I don't know about you but in the last 200 years there has been enormous magnification of our knowledge in all fields - when did you say this paradigm came into effect?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
For all we know, the city could still be in operation. But of course we must consider the possible theories. Did a natural disaster occur? Did it effect the city in a negative way? Both of these questions could yield a "YES" answer. But as always, civilizations find ways to rebuild their society. Unlike us, they were probably open-minded to working with extra terrestrial. In return the E.T. could have given them technology to build a city underwater. This could be one of the reasons why U.S.O's have been sighted in the Bermuda Triangle area.

Like many theories, this yields more questions. Who inhabited Atlantis and what type of people were they. Was it similar to most continents, where you have a mixed variety of cultures, or was their one major belief system? Or could their society have been based off science and knowledge. If there society exist of many underwater inhabitants, it's possible that there are both humanoid and amphibious-humanoid life form.

The recent re-discovery of the Crystal Pyramid, yields more questions. Are there relics of Alantis within reaching distance of our location? The answer is "YES". Two, was it abandoned and does it pose a threat to people passing over it's location? Three if it's not abandoned, who inhabitants the inner structure of the pyramid? Three, if the pyramid is approached in any way of form are the explorers automatically "DOOMED"? These are all qualified "Yes and No" answers. The problem is we won't know until we explore it. But could the exploration of such an advanced culture mean the "DOOM" of the people exploring it?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martian1127

Like many theories, this yields more questions. Who inhabited Atlantis and what type of people were they. Was it similar to most continents, where you have a mixed variety of cultures, or was their one major belief system? Or could their society have been based off science and knowledge. If there society exist of many underwater inhabitants, it's possible that there are both humanoid and amphibious-humanoid life form.

Our source for the story Plato did describe them - are you a believer in PTA or NAA? Why do you discount his writings on the matter?

The recent re-discovery of the Crystal Pyramid, yields more questions. Are there relics of Alantis within reaching distance of our location? The answer is "YES". Two, was it abandoned and does it pose a threat to people passing over it's location? Three if it's not abandoned, who inhabitants the inner structure of the pyramid? Three, if the pyramid is approached in any way of form are the explorers automatically "DOOMED"? These are all qualified "Yes and No" answers. The problem is we won't know until we explore it. But could the exploration of such an advanced culture mean the "DOOM" of the people exploring it?

Unfortunately no 'crystal pyramid' has been 'rediscovered' - people just made that up.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There was a recent discovery. Look on the internet.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

There was a recent discovery. Look on the internet.

Yes that was the claim the reality i no, no crystall pyramids are being found at present - would be kewl if it did happen now wouldn't it?
edit on 7/6/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Martian1127

Sorry, but proof? Anything? And can you explain the little problem involving Plato's account and the fact that Athens was a collection of huts at the time?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It's the most resent one that was found by american and french scientist. It's on the internet, just look it up.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It's the most resent one that was found by american and french scientist. It's on the internet, just look it up.

Here ya go:

Regarding the more recent claim of verification of the "crystal pyramids", there seems to be no actual evidence supporting the claims available. It does seem likely that they are merely fabrications built upon the earlier story by Dr. Brown.

The original WWN story1 cites only "Oceanographer Dr. Verlag Meyer". Other versions of this story exist, including one that claims "American and French" research teams found the pyramids in 2012 (this video actually references the WWN story that predates it by 20 years).

No other identification is offered in any of the versions I found, and I could find no reference to either oceanographer "Dr. Verlag Meyer" or the French and American research teams. The name "Dr. Verlag Meyer" itself seems rather strange, as I found a couple of people speculating that it was fictitious due to "Verlag" apparently meaning "publisher" in German.

Source

BTW, the "WWN" in the above quote stands for "Weekly World News."
There's a vid at the WWN link I just posted (second link), but it takes a long time to load. It's not about your pyramid anyway, but it's a good indicator of the quality of the original source for this bogus crystal pyramid fraud.

Harte

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Atlantis probably in alot of respects would make us think of Venus Project.com But in reality made it look primitive.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumCounterfeit64
Atlantis probably in alot of respects would make us think of Venus Project.com But in reality made it look primitive.

Interesting but I must ask, have you ever read what Plato wrote about Atlantis?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Got nothing huh? lol

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

That's not how it works here. Post links to your proof please.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

I'm guessing probably not.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Many years ago I did a survey amonst first year archaeology students, 70% or so percent who believed in the Classical Plato Atlantis had never read what he wrote while 95% who believed in the New Age Atlantis had not read his works either.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Many years ago I did a survey amonst first year archaeology students, 70% or so percent who believed in the Classical Plato Atlantis had never read what he wrote while 95% who believed in the New Age Atlantis had not read his works either.

They never do. They just believe the rubbish that gets written about Atlantis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join