It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas of Atlantis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I had a dream last night that was vivid, I admit I have looked into Atlantis theories before that dream, like any dream was probably my brain just interpreting events, though to dream of Iceland and think Atlantis and to have dismissed it previously yet to reasearch and realise that even the prophecies of Edagar Cayce, and a more credible source, the natural attributes of the Icelandic region, could support it...made the dream feel like something more than that.

Well let's present my evidence-

In one of Edgar Cayce's visions it was said that Atlantis would rise in the 1960's, well it may have, and literally rose.

en.wikipedia.org...

An island called Surtey, on the Westman Islands off the southern coast of Iceland. It was formed in a volcanic eruption and reached the surface on 14 November 1963, the eruption lasted unit 1967. It sits on the Mid-Atlantic ridge.

Common imagery is that of Atlantis rising having some resemblance of its former self. Though if accounts by Plato are accurate then the destruction of Atlantis would have been so great that there would have been nothing left to have risen that was a semblance of its former self, what if the evidence is, as Ingancious Donnely wrote, on either sides of the Atlantic?

The iceland region, shifted by the volcanic and tectonic area it sits on, with the influence of climate change over extended periods of time, is all that is left of Atlantis. Maybe artifacts can be found, though would be lost to the glaciers that populate it following the last ice age, the scar from this event.

Atlantis did rise, though what was left of it following the cataclysmic event.

My theory, what yours?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by relap0]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hey mate im interested in the details of your dream if you care to elaborate?

There are so many theories regarding atlantis its not funny. I think the truth is not far away. The meaning of the word Apolcalypse is "the revealing" or "the lifting if the veil", as the famous Led Zeppelin song goes, All will be revealed.... but such is my impatience I keep thnking when, although considering how long humanity had waited we are in the final hour

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I thought a more precise location was Antartica but what do I know.....
It would of looked like a MAJOR LAND MASS in the middle of the ocean @ one time.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I dont know, Surtey is just SO SMALL. its less than one square mile large. It could be near the spot, but im much more inclined to believe its near Bimini Road.

better yet, If I had to take a flying guess as to its location, I would put it in the Mediterranean sea floor, at around 5,000 BC+/-

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Hey mate im interested in the details of your dream if you care to elaborate?

There are so many theories regarding atlantis its not funny. I think the truth is not far away. The meaning of the word Apolcalypse is "the revealing" or "the lifting if the veil", as the famous Led Zeppelin song goes, All will be revealed.... but such is my impatience I keep thnking when, although considering how long humanity had waited we are in the final hour

I accept that their are many theories and am not going to say that this is the final answer. To clarify when I talk about Atlantis I talk about the culture of traditional myth that represents ideas of a more advanced civilizations than what is thought possible.

The dream itself, as best I can remember was structured in a way that if you were to say I was thinking about a place, it was iceland, I didn't know the name of the area in the dream, though new that it was located off the coast of Greenland, in an area smaller though distinctly away from it, (though would know would be Iceland if you fully awake) I briefly woke into consciousness, as anyone would do during a course of a dream or between dreams/sleep, very very briefly, and have the thought Atlantis, though brush it off. Then the dreams following, though vague, left that reoccuring intense imagery with me, time and memory have obviously desolved the exact details of the dreams over the last several days, yet a feeling about that area remains.

Atlantis could have existed at a lower technological level than ours yet substantially better and over a larger span of history than what is traditionally thought .

It links to other dreams I have had, though very infrequent, the memory vague now though thought provoking, about something long gone...

One was of me above across the sands of a place, once again area geographically was not interpreted in the dream as Egypt, thought could have been, what I would presume if fully awakre. Just sands racing across the floor beneath me in POV perspective. Across canyons, streams and then a city with a bright gold luminosity. My memory can't remember the details of the city, only the blurred imagery and general feelings of it's magnificence and meaning years on.

The dreams are thought as nothing more than that, a dream, though once that have left impacts, more so than any 'standing in auditorium with my pants off' style dreams

The lasting imagery of these dreams guide me to an interpretation, a thought that the imagery of these dream provoke, the belief that Ancienct Civilization did exist at a higher level of technological and cultural context than accepted by traditional beliefs, in a place long devoured by time.

Sometime things do occur which overwhelmingly contradict traditional theories regarding our 'recent history' spanning a period of more than +12500 bc when all we are upright pseudo monkeys by traditional accepted interpretaions, yet those who practice accepted belief lock away evidence that contradicts it . I won't challenge that, that's intellectual right, even if it infringes on others thoughts?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by relap0]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Antarctica is a land mass, yet shown to have had forests (coal deposits). My guess is a crustal displacement moved the continent of Atlantis to the south pole about 8800 BC. There are several articles on the Web backing this Atlantis/Antarctica theory. Of course, when the pole shift happens on 21/12/2012, Antarctica will move again and may be ice-free as Atlantis reborn.

mclinking

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by relap0

That is pretty amazing, I myself had a sneaking suspicion that Atlantis was located around Indonesia. Whatever groundbreaking event destroyed Atlantis, the largest nation in the world at the time may have completely altered the appearance of earth to the point where we now can not even recognize where the ruins of Atlantis were, let alone where the continents / oceans were before hand.

I wouldn't be surprise if Earths plates shifted so dramatically as to visibly affect the coastlines of America and Western Europe from a satellite.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

Actually it would be surprizing if crustal plates moved at anything but of paralytic snails pace. You might want to look at the mechanism that drives continental drive.

Something else to consider - the evidence supports Plato telling a story. I was wondering have your read Plato's T & C?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The problem with talking about Atlantis is that when you look at what Plato says about it you soon realise that 99.99% of what's subsequently been claimed about Atlantis is bull excrement. Atlantis was supposedly involved in a war against Athens at around 9000 BC. The problem is that Athens wasn't around then.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
The problem with talking about Atlantis is that when you look at what Plato says about it you soon realise that 99.99% of what's subsequently been claimed about Atlantis is bull excrement. Atlantis was supposedly involved in a war against Athens at around 9000 BC. The problem is that Athens wasn't around then.

Its generally considered that Plato was using Atlantis as an example to drive home a larger point, particularly the point he was writing about in regards to justice and the "Just City".

Plato is often beleived to twist things around in his own view of what happened which is why much of the Socrates stories are probably based in some truth but its Plato's own vision of it.

I doubt Atlantis ever actually existed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Exactly. He was a philosopher, not a historian.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Picky, picky, picky!

lol

yep

The problem with trying to apply Plato's T & C to the real is that so much of it flies in face of solid scientific research. One of the things we have clearly determined is that civilizations leave massive archaeological footprints - all of them without exception - and what do we have from Atlantis? Nothing for those who will cry that Atlantis sank taking all the evidence with them - I would suggest they read T & C and you'll find out about their empire which was on land that did not sink - and which has no trace of them

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Just because the movement of the Earths plates has not happened abruptly during the past 2,000 years or so doesn't mean it never has.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane

Just because the movement of the Earths plates has not happened abruptly during the past 2,000 years or so doesn't mean it never has.

Okay - when was the last 'abrupt' movement of plates? I believe you'll find that there is no evidence that this has ever happened. The T & C talks of an Atlantian empire that controlled much of the Med except Athens (which didn't exist then but that's another matter), the Med shows no sign of having sunk or raised, as a whole, recently, we have archaeological sites dating to the alleged period - no sign of the Atlanteans.

What Plato said:

Critias, page 5

All these and their descendants (Atlanteans) for many generations were the inhabitants and rulers of divers islands in the open sea; and also, as has been already said, they held sway in our direction over the country within the Pillars as far as Egypt and Tyrrhenia.

Critias

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane

Sorry, but what???

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by relap0
I had a dream last night that was vivid, I admit I have looked into Atlantis theories before that dream, like any dream was probably my brain just interpreting events, though to dream of Iceland and think Atlantis and to have dismissed it previously yet to reasearch and realise that even the prophecies of Edagar Cayce, and a more credible source, the natural attributes of the Icelandic region, could support it...made the dream feel like something more than that.

Well let's present my evidence-

In one of Edgar Cayce's visions it was said that Atlantis would rise in the 1960's, well it may have, and literally rose.

en.wikipedia.org...

An island called Surtey, on the Westman Islands off the southern coast of Iceland. It was formed in a volcanic eruption and reached the surface on 14 November 1963, the eruption lasted unit 1967. It sits on the Mid-Atlantic ridge.

So the gist of what you're saying here is that Cayce was right - regardless of what any real reference for Atlantis said (that would be Plato and nobody else.)

Yet according to Cayce, China is (by now) a Christian nation and part of the West Coast of North America has separated from the main continent.

In other words, baloney.

Harte

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Yet according to Cayce, China is (by now) a Christian nation and part of the West Coast of North America has separated from the main continent.

In other words, baloney.

Harte

I don't know about that Harte Cayce always struck me as more of a Mortadella sorta fellow

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So far, the best evidence (for me) is the Altiplano region of Bolivia.

www.atlantisbolivia.org...

It simply fits all of the criteria laid forth in the writings

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
So far, the best evidence (for me) is the Altiplano region of Bolivia.

www.atlantisbolivia.org...

It simply fits all of the criteria laid forth in the writings

Erm, and the reference to Athens???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join