It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US health Care Bill - From an outside / UK perspective

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

I didn't take offense nor did I see anything you said as a dig to the American people or our country. And I know you enjoy freedoms we no longer have, but rest assured many of the freedoms we think we have are illusions. Daily we lose another freedom granted to us by our creator and the rights not especially ceded to the government are supposed to be reserved for we the people and the states in which we live.

We have a history here of free enterprise and free will. Those rights have been eroded throughout the last century. As a matter of fact there are those who started down the path of taking liberty away in the years leading up to the civil war.

The erosion has gained speed in the last 50 years and especially since 2001. Our government does not speak for all the people of this country.
Our government does what it wants at our expense. I do feel like a mjority of citizens are finally getting fed up with the status quo. Our voting districts are redrawn periodically by TPTB to maintain TPTB in office.

It would be great if our country would bring home our troops from all continents and close the pourous borders. We should let the world know that we are done interfering in others affairs. In fact we will befriend any country regardless of of the type of government and should be willing to engage in free trade. There is one caveat though. It should be understood that if we are attacked or any nation who wishes to be our friend is attacked, we will unleash the full might of the US military and will fall back after the infrastructure has been leveled. Then we will let them pick themselves up and take the responsibility for their own actions with no help of rebuilding anything.

We get the idea that others look down their noses at us because when in times of need, other nations look to America for help or resolution. I would venture a guess that the reason we have become bully-like and meddlesome is that at some point we got tired of getting asked into wars and conflicts that at some point we lost our way and felt it necessary to start getting involved to avert conflicts.

I am a well traveled person and travel the globe for business. I go to other countries and never act in an arrogant fashion as many Americans do. I will admit to many ignorant Americans traveling abroad acting as stupid outisde our country as they do here at home. Do I always act the right way? no. sometimes I make a gesture that is considered rude, not out of malice, but lack of understanding. Do I go abroad and bash a country's religion? No. So why do I have to accept giving special rights to certain groups here in my country? Dubai seemed OK with arresting a Bristish couple for kissing in public about a week ago. Is it the Bristish or the Muslim faith that is backwards? I guess it depends on who you ask. If the Muslims want to have a country where they want women to keep covered, no PDA, womken have no rights, etc, then stay where you are. You are not allowed to migrate to my country unless you are willing to accept our laws and culture. If at anytime you cannot live like this, you are welcome to leave.

Patriotism has many faces. How someone shows it may or may not be proper. Yes we are proud people here. Is that wrong? Are we number 1? Sometimes, sometimes not. We all have things to be proud in whether it be nationality, religion or color of skin.

I think I have rambled enough. Am doing 4 different things right now so is hard to keep my thoughts straight. Sorry if none of this makes sense. No editing before commiting this post.

<< 1   >>

join