It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota memo points to electronics not mats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Toyota memo points to electronics not mats

www.upi.com

The internal document was given to CNN by a group of attorneys seeking a class-action lawsuit against the company. Ditlow said the previously undisclosed document indicates Toyota officials knew of an electrical link to the acceleration problems. He said the bulletin was either ignored or hidden not only by Toyota officials but also by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, CNN said.

"The government is really hiding this information from the consumer," Ditlow told CNN. "They're in a conspiracy with the auto industry to keep these out of the public's sight."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Toyota's Stuck Accelerator Problem: The Real Cause

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This whole thing has stunk all along to me.

First, sudden acceleration has been a problem since electronic throttle control came about. Not just in Toyota, but all makes.

Second, what kind of person can't figure out how to take their foot off the gas, while pushing the brake down?

So, the question is, what are they REALLY hiding?

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I found the actual document on the net. It's a 5 page pdf. Wow. Pretty eye opening.

consumerist.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have a "bizarre theory".
being as the newer cars have blue tooth, and other various communications going on, could someone have made a virus that randomly causes this?
could someone (onstar like) take control of the car?
or the communications from the driver/passenger/passerby be sending some kind of false signals to the ECM?

I don't know, but, as this group of people here are amazingly knowledgable, maybe someone would care to comment.

It sure seems "interesting" that right after our auto companies went belly up, suddenly the world leader in small cars is now in trouble with an "un-find-able problem, which is train wrecking their reputation....hhmmmm.

dr

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr dodge
I have a "bizarre theory".
being as the newer cars have blue tooth, and other various communications going on, could someone have made a virus that randomly causes this?
could someone (onstar like) take control of the car?
or the communications from the driver/passenger/passerby be sending some kind of false signals to the ECM?

I don't know, but, as this group of people here are amazingly knowledgable, maybe someone would care to comment.

It sure seems "interesting" that right after our auto companies went belly up, suddenly the world leader in small cars is now in trouble with an "un-find-able problem, which is train wrecking their reputation....hhmmmm.

dr

A virus was was one of my theories as well, though I think it would have to be done from within the factory. These acceleration issues include car models that don't have bluetooth capability. And of the ones that do, bluetooth is usually limited to the sound and navigation system though I can't say for sure whether Toyotas don't have some bluetooth connection to the drive mechanisms.

top topics

join