It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu reaffirms 'right to build' in Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Netanyahu reaffirms 'right to build' in Jerusalem

news.bbc.co.uk

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has asserted Israel's "right to build" in Jerusalem, following a row with the US over plans for new homes in the city.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement, it's our capital," he said in Washington.

But Mr Netanyahu did not mention the decision to expand the East Jerusalem settlement of Ramat Shlomo in a speech to the pro-Israel lobby group, Aipac.

Earlier, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told the meeting Israel had to make "difficult" choices for peace.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.irishtimes.com
Channel4.com
[edit on 23-3-2010 by FermiFlux]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well well, despite the pressure from the US and the Head's of several other states Netanyahu has refused to halt settlement production in Jerusalem, making many connections between the Jerusalem today with that of 3000 years ago.

Mr Netanyahu also explained that it is not a "settlement";

"The Jewish people were building Jerusalem 3,000 years ago, and the Jewish people are Jerusalem today. Jerusalem is not a settlement. It's our capital,"

So what do you think? I'd really like to see the reaction from the White House after such a speech was made in their backyard. But hey this is US/Israel, who are we kidding

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

And these jokers wonder why world opinion has swayed against Israel?

It's a mystery ain't it!

IRM

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
With all the Israel haters on this site, I know how this thread will end up, so I'll get my two cents in before all the bashers start their stuff.

Jerusalem is the Capitol of Israel and IMO nobody has any right to tell them what they can or can't do with it. I for one totally support Israel and it's right to exist and defend its land, including its Capitol.

I watched the PM speech at AIPAC last night and I say kudos to him!!! It's like he said, Israel and the Jewish people are the ones that built Jerusalem thousands of years ago. It's their heritage and their right.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
I watched the PM speech at AIPAC last night and I say kudos to him!!! It's like he said, Israel and the Jewish people are the ones that built Jerusalem thousands of years ago. It's their heritage and their right.

That's some brilliant logic right there!

So.... if I build a house... leave it for a few thousand years and come back, I should be able to kick all the people out and reclaim it as my own right?

Grasp at straws much?

IRM

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

Israel and the Jewish people are the ones that built Jerusalem thousands of years ago. It's their heritage and their right.

demockerynow.files.wordpress.com...

(edit - image link not working, now fixed, not for sensitive types but pertinent)

I presume you feel the same way about the 'American' Indians? If say China began to finance the indigenous peoples of America to help them build up a terrifying arsenal and help finance them to help them reclaim and expand the lands that were once rightfully theirs. Would you think that okay?

A short passage taken from Wikipedia

link here en.wikipedia.org...

In the late 18th century, George Washington and Henry Knox conceived of the idea of "civilizing" Native Americans in preparation of American citizenship. Assimilation (whether voluntary as with the Choctaw, or forced) became a consistent policy through American administrations. In the early 19th century, most Native Americans of the American Deep South were removed from their homelands to accommodate American expansion with some groups presently residing in Alabama, Florida, Lousianna, Mississippi, North Carolina, and Tennessee. By the American Civil War, many Native American nations had been relocated west of the Mississippi River. Major Native American resistance took place in the form of "Indian Wars," which were frequent up until the 1890s.

Does any of that sound familiar?

I am not against Israel and I feel deeply sad for what the people of Israel have had to endure over the centuries but 2 wrongs don't make a right, right? There has to be a peaceful option for the people of Palestine AND Israel but that will mean tough choices as Mrs Clinton states, compromise by both parties, global support and encouragement for peace.

bb

[edit on 23-3-2010 by badBERTHA]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by badBERTHA]

new topics

top topics

join