It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so confused!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Dear ATSers,

I have no idea what to think anymore. I am somewhat of a news and conspiracy junkie. But lately I have no idea what Left or Right means anymore. I have no idea if we should worry about providing healthcare to everyone or worry about our kids paying a huge debt or why our country can't stop fighting wars. My mind is completely fried with the back and forth of a country that is torn in half. I don't understand our leaders either. Do they not realize how horribly torn apart this country is becoming. I am a Christian who just wants to see noone suffer. I don't care about money or luxuries. I am not rich, but I don't hold anything against the rich. I have been a democrat, a republican, and an independant.

I don't know what to think of the latest Healthcare bill. I have never been this confused before about what my values and focus should be on when it comes to society. I'm asking for your help. Am I the only one who feels lost in the woods? Can any of you give me some perspective that helps make sense of the tangled mess of ideologies in my mind? I just feel like ive been brainwashed, like a kid who has been up too late eating sugar.

Thank You

[mod edit: title - removed excessive "!!!"]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You're Confused??????

I'm Confused??????

Everyone's Confused????

I thought Governments were For the People by the People..

I thought the Right kept the Left in line or the Left kept the Right in line.

I thought we would all be acting together for a better world and better tomorrow..

I thought a lot of things and now, I don't know what to think. Sometimes I wish, whatever it is, would be Over and we could live our lives without Worries and without Predjudice. I thought Racism would have ended a long time ago. I thought everyone would be Entitled to HealthCare no matter how Rich or Poor, or if you were Black or White, Young or Old.

Our Country (Australia) has it, Canada has it, France has it and so do a lot of other countries.. Why not America? Did America wait way too long to introduce HealthCare to the masses? Maybe that's where the Problem Lies. I don't know.

Why wouldn't HealthCare for the Masses in America be a good thing? How can people be so sellfish as to want to keep it away from the people who need it, desperately?

If you ask me, America should have had this sort of Healthcare a long time ago.

I guess you just can't make some people happy, No matter what you do.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

The gist is:

the West will be dismantled i.e. will be bankrupted on purpose
the East will be developed with money from the bankrupted West (kinda like how the center of power was shifted from Europe to North America centuries ago)
WWIII is coming
then...World Government?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The American govt is now to the point they are blatantly in public completely disregarding the will of the people and doing whatever they want or are told. Perhaps previously they did it behind closed doors but now it's out in the open.

The question is what will Americans do about it? It's never too late.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

I'm so confused
I don't know what to think of the latest Healthcare bill.

That is the whole idea...keep the public confused and feed off of their emotion. The Right has successfully made people angry over health care...the irony is too much.

I would try to give you perspective...but someone would just come and tell you the exact opposite. So if you want perspective...just go read the bill. Yes it is long and a bit confusing...you may have to read it more than once...but it is possible.

Don't rely on others...rely on yourself and your own understanding.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Hi Australia,

The American people are the most generous good-hearted people on the face of the Earth. The American people are not angry about the Marxists masquerading as Democrat's Healthcare Bill passing because 30 million people who do not have healthcare will now have it. That is as far from the truth as you could possibly be. What Americans are angry about is #1 our country is already teetering on the edge of complete financial insolvency (irreparable bankruptcy) and a one trillion dollar entitlement that will actually cost between 2 and 3 trillion to implement that will only benefit 10% of the population (most of whom are illegal aliens or on welfare) is HIGHLY LIKELY to cause ALL AMERCANS to LOSE their nation's sovereignty. What Americans are angry about #2 is that the Healthcare Bill that was passed was in opposition to the principles of the American National Constitution and every State Constitution; the Healthcare bill is unconstitutional because it mandates that each citizen MUST buy something that some may not wish to have which is health insurance; this was only passed to benefit the powerful insurance companies because the people's insurance premiums are preducted to rise 10-12% in the middle of a very deep recession/near depression. Americans are angry about the passage of the Healthcare bill because it is the American way to decide for oneself and one's family what insurance you carry, whether you carry any insurance, what is covered by your insurance, who you see for your physician, what hospital you go to, what pharmacy you use to fill prescriptions, and what quality of care you receive. The American people are angry that the Healthcare bill passed because no longer can you choose your own doctor and you cannot even pay cash for medical services you desire to have if you wish to; that's been outlawed. The American people are angry about the Healthcare bill passing because up to 42% of all physicians have pledged that they are going to leave the medical profession ASAP because they will no longer be able to make enough money to stay in practice and they don't like the government telling them how to treat their patients. The American people are angry that the Healthcare bill passed because it is NOT paid for in advance and we are going to have to pay a value added tax (VAT) tax beginning in the fall to pay for the costs associated with the Healthcare bill. The American people are angry about the Healthcare bill passing because now families will have to chose between feeding their families, clothing and housing their families and carrying health insurance. If one doesn;t purchase the health insurance the internal revenue service will garnish your wages and levy a tax against you; if you still fail to pay, you'll be imprisoned for bad debt. The American people have reason to be angry that the economic takeover of ONE-SIXTH of the American economy "passed" and that segment of our economy will begin to be managed by a completely INEPT federal government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by biochemky

G'day,

I have met some great American People. Especially from Iowa

Yep, I understand exactly what you are saying. I can't say I agree with everything you say though.

I'm just wondering though, What do you think is better? The American Government spending another Trillion Dollars on Wars that seem to be "Never" Ending? Would you rather see a Trillion Dollars go into HealthCare for the Masses?

Either way, It seems the American Government is spending whatever it likes on whatever it wants. I don't know why Universal Healthcare has taken so long for the American People to get. I do understand that the American People will have to pay more Tax but they will have to pay more Tax anyway if America is to get out of the Hole it has Dug itself.

Universal Healthcare is something that every Civilised Country should have. It's people need to be healthy in order to be productive and useful.

It seems to me that Countries that have Universal, Free healthcare, are the ones that have Happier, Healthy People. I could be wrong but it's just something I've noticed.

I really feel sorry for the American People. It does seem that the Country, that used to be so Great, is in a big mess and I think that the people are so worried that just about any spending seems irrational. To be perfectly honest with you, I have a feeling that the Healthcare Bill has something to do with keeping the American peoples mind off something else. What could it be?

I hope you agree with me that any Developed Country really does need a Universal, Free Healthcare System. To me, any country that doesn't have free healthcare is a Country that looks a bit Backward (for a better word)?

Once again, I do have sympathy for you and the rest of the American People. It seems your Government has "Dug" a hole so deep, it's almost impossible to climb out of and that's where you and generations to come are going to have to pay for it..

I'm not trying to preach to you, you know more about your Country than I could possibly ever know. When I was a kid, all I wanted to do was Visit America and maybe live there. Today, it's a different story. I count myself lucky that I live where I do. Australia is one of the Luckiest Countries in the world and I am thankful that I live here. I know we have some problems but they seem insignificant compared to what the rest of the world is going through. I sometimes do worry that our Government is listening to the American Government a bit too much.

Thanks for replying. I hope everything works out in the end. It'll take a while....

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Obama is ¼ Jewish (his mother was half). He is a Zionist and a very strident member of AIPAC. Through a descendent on his mother’s side, Martha Eltonhead Conway, who lived in England 400 years ago, Obama is a descendent in the Jewish line of David and is related to 7 U.S. Presidents (including James Madison and both Presidents Bush) and 2 European Kings, King Edward I of England and William I, King of Scots.

the jewish line of david how do you draw this conclusion?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If you are a Christian, then you surely already know the answer to your questions -

Dig your heels in, keep your faith, never cease praying.

And it probably wouldn't hurt for you to strap on a crash helmet.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I understand how you feel. For me, its only disappointment….

I know that our shadowy masters – the Corporation – with their paid bullies will be out in full force to deny Americans healthcare, after all the corps will be the ones paying it out of their diminishing profits. I expect their ferocity.

But I had never expected seemingly rational people get worked up over the bill, and saw the first time a sight I had never seen before – madness, rage, discrimination and everything evil of the like never in the history of USA, not even when precious sons were sent to fight in senseless wars and losing trillions of dollars…

1.) I can understand that some are paying a lot of bills today, and another bill would break the camels back for sure. But one doesn’t need to be ill to need hospitalization care.

All it takes is for one drunken driver and one’s life is messed up – half alive, half dead – the waking paralyzed or comatose. If he/she cannot afford that one more critical bill, he/she most certainly cannot afford that accident that can come anytime to anyone….

If I did not have healthcare, I would wheel myself to a window and use my strong arms to propel me out of a high window into the thin air, for I have no wish to burden others.

My society will never allow me to die, and will pay for my costly rehabilitation, funds which will have to come from other social programs such as education, infrastructure, etc.

It is easy for me, for I have no one else, but for many others, letting go is not easy, by oneself or by their loved ones. Money can be earned back, and must never stand between life and possible life. What they don’t have, we as a society have and can share, thus healthcare will help…

2.) As our technology increases, so too will our medical knowledge. Already, we are in the cusp of finding a cure for cancer as well as other diseases, as mankind’s knowledge increases. Our lives are getting longer, for us to put it to productive and meaningful uses.

One day, we may no longer even need hospitals, doctors and nurses as we continue to progress to find scientific means of self healing, drugs and equipment.

Our only fears is that the Medical – Industrial Complex may not allow such technologies to come to light, or will increase such costs unconscionably to heights only the rich can afford, and the poor or less privileged to die off. As long as one has healthcare, no man, women or child will be denied.

3.) Doctors who flee will have no way to flee to, for the rest of the world has healthcare. Only backward nations don’t have it, and if their threat is carried out, may they and their families live a good life there. They aren’t doctors of the Hippocrates creed. Only greed filled beasts.

The Doctors who remains behind will get more respect. While they may be working more and getting less, at least they will honored for life, something no money can buy.

And many doctors that I know will remain, and whom I have the privilege to call them noble beings, whom not only served Americans, but the rest of humanity around the world for free and brought health and hope to thousands within their capability in their lifetime.

4.) Freedom from diseases and sickness is also a right of Americans, as well as a right for the rest of humanity. Unfortunately, such freedom comes at a price, and at todays standard, the price is far too high and beyond that of many, even Americans.

The founding fathers never had to contend with high doctor fees, for during their time, the medical industrial complex did not exist. Today, we realized they do.

Utilizing public and charity funds for research, they then priced their products to earn immense profit, and made many bankrupt in order to have freedom from diseases and sickness.

Thus, our society must fight for this freedom today, beginning with the support for the healthcare bill, which the Corporations are hell bent on denying Americans such freedom, and would even manipulate the sacred Constitution and SCOTUS to serve their own ends.

I am insignificant, a nobody, and cannot fight them alone. I need your help. There is no need to call for arms or revolution.

The pen is mightier than the sword, and our stroke on the voting slip will be the guillotine that will sever the selfish necks of the Corporation’s now revealed puppets in the US legislature.

May you confusion end soon. But that choice to help is still yours alone to make. I will force no one and battle alone if need be, but I know I will not be alone, for there are many more rational and silent ones than some presume here....

join