It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Researchers turn Moquitos into flying vaccinators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Title say it all really? Anyways, I thought this was a pretty cool story even it's not feasible.

Scientists have dreamed up various ways to tinker with insects' DNA to fight disease. One option is to create strains of mosquitoes that are resistant to infections with parasites or viruses, or that are unable to pass the pathogens on to humans. These would somehow have to replace the natural, disease-bearing mosquitoes, which is a tall order. Another strategy closer to becoming reality is to release transgenic mosquitoes that, when they mate with wild-type counterparts, don't produce viable offspring. That would shrink the population over time.

Here's your link: BAM!

www.thirdeyeconcept.com...

It sucks that such a great idea has too many flaws, but I really like the idea of it even though it could be so easily abused. Perhaps we could create nano-bots containing vaccines and send them out everywhere, though I imagine there would be some people who have a problem with that... But what are your thoughts? The main fault is people would get too varied a dose, but what are you thoughts if it was possible? Would you see it as a violation of our rights?

join