It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad at government? A way to show it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Yep we are indeed at critical mass in the U.S. over healthcare bill being shoved down our throat. Another thread has 66.7% angry and that is MSNBC (they lean slightly left btw). Well time to get off your butts and do something. This isn't for everyone only tobacco users. It is time to go organic. Start growing your own tobacco. I work in a warehouse where our main export is tobacco. Our government is literally raping us with taxes on it. So I am gonna get back to my roots and I invite any tobacco user to join me. Get in touch with nature and tell the machine to screw off. Once you get the seeds to start growing it they won't be able to touch you no matter how much they tax the seeds themselves. Right now we can start standing up and stick it to em. Start being more self reliant. Make your own smoke, make your own wine, grow a garden and pay less tax. Whatever you can do to pay less taxes. Couldn't hurt I imagine.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Start being more self reliant.

Buy some solar panels and get a tax credit while avoiding taxes on your electric company!

Buy a tankless water heater and get a tax credit while consuming less water and paying fewer taxes!

The green revolution is freedom.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
They've got us smokers by the nads. Nicotine molecules bind to the exact same chemoreceptors in your brain that heroin does, making quitting almost impossible. Then most cigs nowadays are pumped up with more nicotine tar to make them more addictive. They are essentially taxing one segment of the population for money that goes to the whole population. Growing things is alot of work I wish I had time for, but my job is pretty time consuming. I guess I'll have plenty of time though if things keep up the way they are and all the jobs are eventually gone.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

Ghost i truly understand. I have been reading up on it and from what I understand it is no harder than watering a house plant daily. Once I get up and going on this I will let you know about the things, in the meantime I wanna keep reading on it to make sure I do it right. So far it looks like an investment of about 10 bucks. Surprised that I can buy the seeds on ebay.

links...what is a tankless water heater? sounds interesting, i can't afford solar panels. They cost more than what me and my wife make in a year.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by ventian]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

www.tanklesswaterheaterguide.com...

They're widely used in Europe where homes are smaller. However, just like solar panels they are more expensive to buy then a standard tank heater. It's really about shopping around and deciding what's best for you.

When it comes to solar energy it's really about minimizing your energy use. If you use a lot of energy on a regular basis a couple of panels probably won't make a huge dent in your electric bill.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
i have grown tobacco it isnt that hard to grow
but for a pack a day smoker you would need at least 60-100 plants for the whole year i would think depending on how large they grew
the seeds are incredibly small like a poppy seed size even smaller
i think outside in a garden you would kind of grow them similar to potatoes and leave about 1 foot to a foot and a a half between them
they need lots of sun
they get to be about 5-8 feet tall
they grow very pretty flowers on top and round seed pods about the size of your thumb and inside they will grow 500-1000 seeds in every pod
and a plant could have 10-15 pods so after your first year you would never need seeds again
they are very small for the first month so you need to start them inside and get a head start on summer

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

That is pretty cool. I will have to look into pricing to see what I can do though. Infinite hot water is always a plus.

@Dean Thanks for the info. Amazing that I have allowed myself to get drug through the mud for so long and it looks like it is no harder than typical gardening. No more arsenic could be a plus as well

new topics

top topics

join