It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Annunaki need gold

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: raymundoko
but obviously there is no Nibiru.

Babylonian astronomy

In the MUL.APIN, Nibiru is identified as Jupiter:

When the stars of Enlil have been finished, one big star – although its light is dim – divides the sky in half and stands there: that is, the star of Marduk (MUL dAMAR.UD), Nibiru (né-bé-ru), Jupiter (MULSAG.ME.GAR); it keeps changing its position and crosses the sky.

From your link:

In a 2015 report for the Cuneiform Digital Library Bulletin,[9] Immanuel Freedman analyzed the extant cuneiform evidence and concluded that the hypothesis that the name Nēbiru may be assigned to any visible astronomical object that marks an equinox is supported by cuneiform evidence.

Since the description is unclear in the quote you provided, I've always thought that maybe this was another use of the term Nibiru as "crossing point." In the case you provided, it would mean that Jupiter was only considered "Nibiru" in the context of position in the sky. My quote says at the equinox, but I'd go along with either that or a solstice, since all three positions could be viewed as points of "crossing" by the observed planet.

Harte

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Point taken.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Since the description is unclear in the quote you provided, I've always thought that maybe this was another use of the term Nibiru as "crossing point." In the case you provided, it would mean that Jupiter was only considered "Nibiru" in the context of position in the sky. My quote says at the equinox, but I'd go along with either that or a solstice, since all three positions could be viewed as points of "crossing" by the observed planet.

Harte

That's why I said

In the MUL.APIN, Nibiru is identified as Jupiter:

and not named as such. Jupiter was called Marduk during the Babylonian period and Enlil earlier than that, or rather more specifically "the planet of"

So Nibiru is an epithet. It originally is derived from the word for "Ford", not the car, the river crossing..
And as they believed that they sky was made of water, as above so below...
It is certainly not a noun, so Sitchin claiming it is, is just another example that shows he couldn't read Sumerian

edit on 31-7-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The simple answer is... THEY DID NOT. This claim is based on one man's nonsense translation.

There IS an answer to what they needed, but this is one hellava bull# blind avenue.

What DOES make sense is if this planet is a decommissioned bioweapons lab.

- We are out in the boonies in terms of the galaxy and just as this is where humans build nuclear power stations and dangerous stuff like bio-weapons labs so too this would make sense why this was built here.
- One of the big questions is why we cannot hear alien transmissions when we turn on the TV or radio: these waves travel at the spee dof light so any intelligent life form that has arisen even just a few hundred years before us, let alone a few million years before us should be filling the ether. However, if we were a shutdown bio-weapons lab, it would explain why we hear nothing as we are under quarrantine - all signals in and out are blocked. The sudden disappearance of the Voyager craft amongst others at a certain distance would suggest a lockout ring also.
- If we are a decommissioned bio-weapons lab, it would explain why aliens keep trying to sneak in and abduct us for experiments... to see how and why we survive.
- Every since life form on the planet has sugar that is laevo-rotationally polarised. Not a single one is dextra-rotationally polarised. This is zillions to one.
- Has it never struck you that that the ancient sacrificial ceremonies of the ancient civilizations look stunningly similar to modern day vivisectional analysis... in short what we do to animals when we wish to dissect them after testing?
- Has it never struck anyone that the "Watchers" are not there to watch over us... but to make sure we don't get out and no other aliens get in and maintain the quarantine?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MenWIthHugeApplause

Right I'm hoping this is humour, because if it isn't then you've just dismissed some completely made up nonsense and replaced it with another...

On a lighter side, I guess I have always known that the reason that we haven't had any contact with Aliens, is precisely because this planet is infested with vermin of the variety Homo Sapiens a species so insecure, that they even named their genus as intelligent, which just constantly reminds me of teenage boys making up lovers that they've shagged, to cover the fact that they usually go off in about 30 seconds or under..

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

and not named as such. Jupiter was called Marduk during the Babylonian period and Enlil earlier than that, or rather more specifically "the planet of"

So Nibiru is an epithet. It originally is derived from the word for "Ford", not the car, the river crossing..
And as they believed that they sky was made of water, as above so below...
It is certainly not a noun, so Sitchin claiming it is, is just another example that shows he couldn't read Sumerian

This is interesting.. Jupiter was called Marduk 'enki's son' during the Babylonian period? This i did not know... that would explain my "Dream''.

I watched this show 15 yrs ago, these two guys explained in detail that the earths weather patterns prior to the flood were as well.. the garden of eden. Perfectly balanced. No rain No snow No storms or Disasters. That is, until the layer around the earth was pierced by.. 'not yet sure'. the Firmament above the Planet was pierced causing the flood of all floods, as we understand from various accounts around the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

This is interesting.. Jupiter was called Marduk 'enki's son' during the Babylonian period? This i did not know... that would explain my "Dream''.

I watched this show 15 yrs ago, these two guys explained in detail that the earths weather patterns prior to the flood were as well.. the garden of eden. Perfectly balanced. No rain No snow No storms or Disasters. That is, until the layer around the earth was pierced by.. 'not yet sure'. the Firmament above the Planet was pierced causing the flood of all floods, as we understand from various accounts around the world.

So your dream was based on creationism and nothing to do with reality

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Occy Anonymous

Most Humans don't really like being in the tight confined spaces associated with mines.

Then there is the fact that we are really not that well equipped to see in the dark or have the ability to lift that much more than our own weight.

So if we were created to mine gold for some extraterrestrial species they really did not do a that good a job regrading our ability to perform the task at hand.

Also if you have the ability construct ships able cross the vast distances between the stars then you have the ability to build automated mechanical devices more suited to the task of underground excavation purposes than any human meat sack will even be able to accomplish.
edit on 31-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

So your dream was based on creationism and nothing to do with reality

I did'nt get to tell you my dream though

but for the record, nothing in this so called reality is real, so it matters not.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I did'nt get to tell you my dream though

Well I'm all ears, I guess if it involves Marduk and Enki then its relevant to this thread, after all, the OP was based on his gullibility to an author who was well known to lie for profit

originally posted by: awareness10but for the record, nothing in this so called reality is real, so it matters not.

I'm real, Cogito ergo sum

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Occy Anonymous

Gold precious abilities are known to us from ages, yet nobody got even a decent theory on annunaki influence. All that we have are misinterpreted mythology writings, made to look new-age and then sold to new-age conditioned conditioned hippies. The brainwashing goes as far as 1920s, even further. Use your capacity a.k.a brain, people.

edit on 10-8-2016 by ratskin32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Question is where in the history of man was it first considered a precious commodity?
From Golden Eagle.com

The history of gold begins in remote antiquity. But without hard archaeological evidence to pinpoint the time and place of man's first happy encounter with the yellow metal, we can only conjecture about those persons, who at various places and at different times first came upon native gold. Experts of fossil study have observed that bits of natural gold were found in Spanish caves used by the Paleolithic Man about 40,000 B.C. Consequently, it is not surprising that historical sources cannot agree on the precise date that gold was first used. One states that gold's recorded discovery occurred circa 6000 B.C. Another mentions that the pharaohs and temple priests used the relic metal for adornment in ancient Egypt circa 3000 B.C. However, it is curious to note that the early Egyptian's medium of exchange was not gold but barley. The first use of gold as money in 700 B.C. is claimed by the citizens of the Kingdom of Lydia (western Turkey). Surely, you remember the kingdom of the famous fortune seeking King Croesus - circa 550 B.C.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Gold readily dissolves in Mercury at room temperature. This is why we use it to extract gold from extremely hard to to get at places. Certainly, if there was an Annunaki that had us mining gold, they would have known this, and it would mean that there should be huge traces of Mercury use in the past as well.

The way Mercury was mined was mainly from cinnabar, a very caustic and poisonous material. Perhaps we had to mine them both!

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join