It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Helath Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ok I have been hunting and searching trying to catch the gist of what the real problems is with regards to the new US health bill, but to no real avail.
Is there someone out there that can give us a run down on the pros and cons of the new system are.
All that I can see at the moment is that there is a lot of confusion about what it contains and is and that there is another tax.

**Edit: I do apologize, like I said I have tried to look and can find nothing. And apologies again if its in the wrong place.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by The_Seeker]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It's a rather expansive bill, I suggest you do some reading here.
That's the senate.gov's breakdown of the legislation.

The biggest con I keep hearing is the requirement to obtain health insurance, which doesn't take effect until 2014 BUT, I believe you get assistance from the federal government to pay for health insurance if you make less than 400% of the Federal Poverty Level. This idea stems from the wording of Subtitle E, Part 1, Section 1401 and 1402.

You're going to hear a lot of negativity from the conservative media on this legislation without hearing much of anything on the contents of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
thank god it passed

now if they will just send me a check to pay for it, i'd be happy to get insurance

cause i sure dont wanna buy it from these money grubbing insurance companys, thats why i dont have any now

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Here you go . . . Reuters pros and cons . . . .

BUY DRUG COMPANY STOCK NOW!!!!

As an aside . . . can somebody tell me when last a politician actually did something that would benefit the average citizen FIRST before pandering to some damned multinational corporation run by executives who can't see past their next big fat bonus cheque?

Just asking . . .

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

I will have to have a sit down and read.
Over here in Oz it really does not look that bad to us, with regards to the small amounts of information we are getting. It sounds the same as the system we have here.
But as you said there is a lot of hype out there, and not a lot of explanation as to the FULL content. So thanks for that much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
thank god it passed

now if they will just send me a check to pay for it, i'd be happy to get insurance

cause i sure dont wanna buy it from these money grubbing insurance companys, thats why i dont have any now

Money grubbing? You mean that small 3.3% profit they make...yeah seems like they are the ones gauging you doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

join