It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man admits prostituting 12-year-old girl, sharing proceeds with mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Man admits prostituting 12-year-old girl, sharing proceeds with mother

www.news.com.au...

A TASMANIAN man has admitted prostituting a 12-year-old girl at his home and sharing the proceeds with the girl's mother.

The Mercury reports the man, 51, acted as the girl's pimp last year while she had sex with more than 100 men at Glenorchy.

The man pleaded guilty yesterday to the horrific crimes, which left his victim with sexually transmitted diseases.

The Supreme Court in Hobart heard the girl's mother took most of the money, the man took a smaller cut and the girl used her own share to buy drugs for herself, her mother and the man.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It just boggles the mind what people will do to their own children for money and drugs. A twelve year old little girl being sold to over 100 men. It just pisses me off.

I like to think that in every person there is some redeeming good, but there are times and days when I just have a very hard time remembering that. I wonder if there is any hope at all that this child can grow up to have a fairly normal life after this. Many children introduced to drugs and prostitution at this age never really do.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
More than a 100 men!!?

How the hell does that happen!? Did they not know she was 12?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's a screwed up world we live in...

This sort of behaviour used to be quite common in poorer countries....

Even nowadays, I don't think it happens that often there.

But, Tasmania ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dixon

I don't know, but I'm hoping some of the men at least thought she was at least 16. You know how some girls mature faster than boys and may pass for a 16-18 year old.

But if she looked her age, I find it hard to believe that a 100 men did that knowing the reality of it, and it took that long for something to be done about it.
It's a shame.

top topics

join