It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something nice for a change......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So I have been having a couple bad people days. You know, those days when you just wonder if any good can come out of humanity at all because you encounter several people in a short period of time that just make you long for the extinction of our species? Maybe only I have those days................anywho...

I recently got one of those emails that circulate among friends, and it was about this guy, an "animal whisperer" in South Africa, and I just thought I would share it with you.

Just some warm fuzzies, (literally) for anyone who like me may have been having a bad people day.

There is a video that goes with the article that is pretty cool to watch if you click the link.

Link to article and video

As the gate swung open the three lions pounced. Powerful young males, within seconds they had wrestled the human intruder - Kevin Richardson - to the ground.

We cowered behind the fence, fearing that our day filming with the famed "lion whisperer" of South Africa was about to come to an abrupt and bloody end.

"Are you ok in there," I yelled, genuinely alarmed as Kevin was pinned down by a pile of writhing predators.

"Don't worry," he shouted back, emerging with a giant paw wrapped gently around his head. "This is normal," he laughed.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hi IAG,

Although this story was already posted on ATS a couple of weeks ago it is, nonetheless, a beautiful story.

I'm not sure what to make of this guy, but he is something different.

Here are some amazing pictures of him and the herd! There is some special affinity here!

Source

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Dang it, everytime I use the search function I come up with a whole lot of nothing. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know and thanks for the link.

As for what to make of him, he is pretty cool, but his kind usually have a bad end and get killed by the animals they love. All it takes is one pissy day or minute on the part of a large wild predator, and its all over for the human.

But, in the vid he acknowledges that may happen and says he would do it all again even if it did happen that way.

Edit to add;

And yeah, those photos are amazing. They are the ones that came in the email, but I didnt know how to post those, so I linked to the video instead. It shows him in the water with the cat you see in the photos.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

new topics

join