It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American calling his Government out!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I have said for almost two decades that the healthcare system in the U.S. is wrecked, and I still believe that it needs to be fixed.

I fail to see how this bill changes much.

Look at who Obama, and our other Reps, invited to these closed door meetings to develop this bill.

Insurance companies, pharmaceauticals, unions, etc.

Did anyone ask The People what they wanted?

No, the very criminals responsible for our messed up health care system were the ones invited to write this new legislation.

This bill does not provide free health care for the poor or temporarily down and out.

We will all still be paying for health care.

While I don't berlieve this bill will actually reduce costs, let's pretend it does.

I have insurance through my wife's employer.
We pay roughly $550/mnth.

Even if this bill reduces costs for those struggling by 40%, which is doubtful, how does that really help.

For people that have no health care, and are struggling to pay mortgage (if they still have one), pay bills, and God forbid, put some decent food on the table,
does it really matter that the policy still costs $300/mnth vs. $550?

If you're broke, you're broke.
$550, $300, $1000, the money isn't there, might as well be a million.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

not being an American, please excuse me for not understanding the ins and outs of the new Healthcare Bill in the USA.

As far as I gather, the bill has been passed in the Senate, but now I notice it is to be challenged in the State Courts because it is unconstitutional.

What does this mean for the Bill itself?

Is there still any hope that individual states can still overturn this crazyness?

Health Care Reform Fight Shifts From Congress to the Courts.

Now that the House, in a historic vote, has passed the Senate's health care bill and sent it to the president's desk, state lawmakers and attorneys general already are lining up to challenge its constitutionality and wage an outside-the-Beltway war against it in the courts.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

and there we have it the heart of the issue for me what is the irs to do when we don't pay for it and we don't have any bank accounts. to take money from? will they take our homes? or our cars? how about garnish our wages? I feal sorry for the first IRS collector that has to collect for this bill.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

IMO, the lawsuits stand little chance.

I think the courts will say they have no standing or that they haven't shown damage.

Would still be interesting to see how the Supreme Court would rule if it was lucky enough to get to them.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I just don't understand the theatrical outrage here.

Many of us said FINE to the wars only to find out that they were based upon lies and only serve to kill our troops and countless innocent civilians and cost this nation a great deal more than health care reform.

The majority of us didn't say FINE to the first bailout, or should I say handout. The people didn't want it and the government went ahead and handed out hundreds of billions of dollars to the very criminals that created the mess.

The majority of us didn't say FINE to the second handout either.

It shocks me that so many people can show no outrage over everything else that has gone on and is going on, only to act as if Armageddon is now upon us because the government is continuing to do what it has been doing for years.

Seriously, bankrupting the nation by spreading the empire and overthrowing countries or giving handouts to wall street is A-OK, but let's all get outraged at reforming health care.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Well I for one am not buying anything. I don't care where it leads, I am not buying anything that the government says I have to. That's how I'm going to deal with it.

This is part of the solution, in my thinking. If American's can stand strong and boycott corporations. Stop buying designer labels. Quit supporting off-shore factories and services. Help support neighbors and neighborhoods. Stop Wal-mart.

The thought that putting an additional 40 million people on the roster of insurance companies and that added money would reduce costs is unfathomable. It's going to generate profit for sure. The only way is to remove all the companies and make it a single company that controls health insurance. But with that leaves no options and no competition.

Oh well, when history is said and done and people wonder why the american population said nothing while their rights were taken away from them should realize our voices (representatives) decided that money speaks louder than those who voted for them. It is said it takes around $2 million to unseat a politician at the federal level. How will we be able to do something like that when 30-40% of our wages go to government programs that are either ineffective or obsolete?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I hear people ask this a lot. They ask, "What is so bad about giving health care to people who wouldn't normally be able to afford it?".

Well, I live in Texas, and I see a lot of pan handlers, and homeless people on the high ways with signs asking for money. When I can, I give them a dollar or a cigarette. One time I drove past one and had nothing to give, when I was on my way back, I saw him cross the intersection and get into his car, which was parked across the freeway in a shopping center. It was a nice car. Still, I help when I can because there are still legit people who really need help.

However, what this health care reform feels like to me, is if they put an IRS agent at every spot these homeless people are and force you by law to give them money.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
In answer to your u2u, Slayer, I think this is a fine and passionate post... you're very right... it is not fine. S&F of course.

I'm not sure I can add much that's not already been voiced. Folks like us here at ATS and similar forums have indeed said "no" all along, to no avail of course because as has also been mentioned, they're going to do it, whatever "it" is at the moment, regardless of what any of us think... and that would still hold even _if_ all the sheeple stopped believing what they were fed and "woke up" as it were.

We don't factor into their (the PTB) equation except as a source of revenue and labor.

There's just no way I could ever follow their new rules, I'm not likely to ever find that much freelance work to pull in sufficient cash to hand right over to these psychos... and as to choosing phony baloney insurance over, you know, baloney... well... not that I could afford there fines either and being locked up for not buying something is just profoundly wrong.

So I'm going to be carefully looking into how to move myself and my dementia-suffering aunt the heck out of here (hedge fund HQ) and out to one of the states that so far seem to have enough will, rage and spheres left in them to "just say no." I just hope they follow through.

I hope I can pull that off... it will be new and uncharted waters to the max.

This may well indeed be the beginning of the end, and the beginning of a new beginning... let's make it to the other side, shall we?

Thanks, Slayer, you keep this up and I'll be able to u2u soon, ha! Thanks also to all the other participants, of course.

I'll say more later if I can think of something good... and I must still finish the post you asked me about.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Seriously, bankrupting the nation by spreading the empire and overthrowing countries or giving handouts to wall street is A-OK, but let's all get outraged at reforming health care.

I believe it's called the straw that broke the camel's back. I guess We've had enough of forced compulsive insurance put on us. Affordable health care sounds good but how much does each of us have to pay. Aren't the people supposed to vote for this not the government? Who is running our lives for us? Corporations, Insurance companies, or Government.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

The US worker is probably the hardest worker barely elbowing out the Japanese and you Demand more?

Not to pop your bubble but...

South Korea's hard-working citizenry is not alone. Greece comes second in the OECD's rankings with 2,052 hours worked on average each year, and just behind is a trio of Eastern European nations: Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland. The U.S. is also above the OECD average of 32 nations, coming at No. 9, with 1,797 hours worked on average each year.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Many people said fine to the War, due to the anger over 9-11.

Go back and look at the Gulf of Tonkin resolution during Vietnam, almost everyone in Congress voted yes on the resolution Johnson requested.

A few years later suddenly the same people who voted for the war, were against it.

It has been the same with the war since 9-11.

What I don't understand is how this has any relevance to the healthcare revolt?

Does two wrongs make a right? Does voting for the war, somehow justify the healthcare bill? If they passed eugenics laws, would support of the war justify them too?

I just don't get that line of thought. Logical fallacies can't be used to justify the bill passed.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonguy

Here's the problem with your data.

We were and still are capable of being the hardest workers on the planet we just need jobs.

GM Logs Record Sales in China

BEIJING -- General Motors Corp. said its sales in China hit a monthly record in April, rising 50% from a year earlier on strength in its Buick and Wuling brands.

The strong performance in China by the U.S. auto maker, until recently the world's biggest by output, contrasts with its struggles in its home market. GM is racing to restructure outside of bankruptcy court in the U.S., and is expected this week to accelerate talks with the United Auto Workers union and move toward closing about 2,600 dealerships.
[gm record china sales] Associated Press

GM's sales in China were lifted, in part, by the Chevrolet Cruze compact sedan. Above, a Cruze in Beijing in April.

GM, which posted record China sales of 151,084 units in April, has two joint ventures in the country: passenger-vehicle maker Shanghai General Motors Corp., a 50-50 venture with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., and mini-commercial vehicle maker SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile Co., a three-way partnership with SAIC and Liuzhou Wuling Motors Co.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I can't believe people don't get this.

IF
YOU
CAN'T
AFFORD
HEALTH
CARE
THEN
YOUR
LIFE
AIN'T
WORTH
IT

Get over it. Move on. Do your part and die. The rest are having a good time.

What is the problem with these mental midgets that are begging for shackles around their own necks!?!!???!???

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Calm down, Op. Your problem is that you tried to help other people, or "give back" to your community. That's known as "irrational behavior" in economics.

Hop aboard the exploitation wagon and sell some slap chops. You'll be fine. Redistribute some of that wealth upwards, in that widely venerated market inefficiency known as "profit."

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
There is not much for me to add here, since I have exhausted my 2 cents on the issue. However, this very well may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. People are so ticked-off right now they could spit, and it is because of the arrogance of our leaders in the legislature. It is no conspiracy that many sought out their representatives in congress and told them their concerns over the bill, and yet they played deaf, dumb, and blind to the concerns of their constituents. They are not beholden to the executive branch but their constituents. If consensus would have them voting no, then no it is. It should be that simple.

It would seem they ignored the will of their constituents and have now burdened them with a direct tax on healthcare in the form of this unconstitutional mandate. If one cannot pay or afford it, they will simply get a knock on the door by the the IRS. Then another draconian measure of monthly checks of every tax paying American and their insurance coverage status. If that is not as George Orwell put it, "Big Brother is watching you," I have no idea what is? Personally, I think this disaster is going to hurt the little guy more than insurance companies and the bureaucracy in healthcare in which was the focus of this bill.

I really have no answers and I was hoping congress would have seen how diabolical this plan was on Sunday, but they went through with it anyway. Now, we are stuck with it and will become law very soon with a simple stroke of a pen by the President. Are the elections in November going to have any affect on this, that remains to be seen? However, one thing is for certain, I will be checking voting records of my representatives quite extensively. The arrogance, negligence, and lack of common sense is absolutely unacceptable!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
My only hope is that people finally start using their brains when they go to the polls and stop voting the same people back into office. No matter how much we speak out, no matter how much we argue against the things Congress does, nothing will ever change if we keep the same people in office. They haven't listened to the people in a long time and it's about darn time people pay attention to that and use the only non-violent means we have to remove them from office.

Government officials are our employees, not our employers. The people are supposed to be in charge, not the government. The people need to find their voices already because this has gotten beyond ridiculous. As of Sunday 54% were against this, and Congress passed it anyway.

That's not them listening to the people who voted them in and pay their salaries. They need to be held accountable for their actions. I just hope "we the people" don't suffer voters amnesia come November and remember who voted for things we oppose whether it's this health care bill or whatever so they aren't voted back in. Career politicians are not good for this country. Voting for the name you recognize instead of the one who most closely matches your stance on the issues is not good for this country. Not paying attention to what Congress is doing is not good for this country.

Wake the hell up people! Our government is destroying this country piece by piece, and in the mean time we're too busy arguing with each other to do anything about it. They've been doing it for a long time. How much longer are they going to get away with it? How much longer are people going to sit back and do nothing because a politician sits on the right side of the aisle?

You know what really makes me sick? I mean really, physically ill. That when people do try to speak out against what the government has been doing, they're called names, put down, dismissed, and ignored. Why? Apparently speaking out against the government makes you a nut, which frankly is ironic coming from anyone on this site. And on the few instances where they aren't ignored, what do they hear? "Well you didn't say anything when this happened so why say anything now?" As if it's pointless to ever say anything if someone didn't speak up the very first time government started reaching beyond their bounds or ignoring the will of the public.

This country has been marching down a bad road for a very long time. How much further are we going to march before we realize that the people leading us down the road aren't taking us anywhere good?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Moonguy

Here's the problem with your data.

We were and still are capable of being the hardest workers on the planet we just need jobs.

GM Logs Record Sales in China

BEIJING -- General Motors Corp. said its sales in China hit a monthly record in April, rising 50% from a year earlier on strength in its Buick and Wuling brands.

The strong performance in China by the U.S. auto maker, until recently the world's biggest by output, contrasts with its struggles in its home market. GM is racing to restructure outside of bankruptcy court in the U.S., and is expected this week to accelerate talks with the United Auto Workers union and move toward closing about 2,600 dealerships.
[gm record china sales] Associated Press

GM's sales in China were lifted, in part, by the Chevrolet Cruze compact sedan. Above, a Cruze in Beijing in April.

GM, which posted record China sales of 151,084 units in April, has two joint ventures in the country: passenger-vehicle maker Shanghai General Motors Corp., a 50-50 venture with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., and mini-commercial vehicle maker SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile Co., a three-way partnership with SAIC and Liuzhou Wuling Motors Co.

Your reply makes no sense at all,
The subject of my reply is who is the hardest worker, and based on FORBES data (and I doubt there is a problem with FORBES data) the US comes in #9

Now that said, whatever is your production or sales it doesn't reflect how many hours a week you work, take the time to read my link to learn and understand the subject of my comment before replying so that you can make more sense when you do reply

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer I get your not liking it being mandatory, but I dont get why you wouldnt want universal health care... but thats because Im Canadian, and any time I do something stupid I can go to the clinic, get patched up or go to the emergency for something serious, get that bullet removed with no bill lol...

How is it any different than car insurance? Mandatory, you might be the finest driver who lived, but there is a point behind it, safety net, a just in case thing.

I definitely think you guys need choice and government health care should just be IF you cant afford anything else... and everyone should pay in to it... but thats my damn commie mind working again...

Maybe I just dont understand HOW they're doing it. Health care done right = nothing better, done wrong = United States haha... I mean again car insurance comparison, here we have one company for the whole province mandatory, so they get a blank cheque. My car got hit while PARKED in front of my house with little damage, and they said it was unsalvageable and gave me like $500 for it... and then they rebuilt it, and sold it to one of their employees! And thats standard procedure!! Filthy #in crooks... is this like your health care bill? Is it supposed to be all mandatory for one private company?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Car insurance is required by state law. All states require it, but they don't all require the same coverage or amount of coverage. One state might require $50,000 in coverage while another might require $100,000. If you don't want to pay for it, you just don't own a car or drive.

This health bill is from the federal government. Everyone will end up paying for the same coverage whether they need it or not. Single male who doesn't need maternity coverage? If it's part of the plan, you get to pay for it anyway. If you don't want to pay for it, you can either move out of the country or die.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It is actually a repeat of history. The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 was also touted as saving the American Public from Financial ruin, written wholly by bankers....Did it?
They made us give in our gold for fait currency saying that the dollar was attached to a gold standard, these same bankers...is it true??
This new HCR is written by Insurance Companies and Big Pharmacy to save us all from illness and horrible deaths because said government can't even regulate our food, water, and air...Will it work or just make those who have 99% of all the money even more wealthy.
The Government and Banksters have been using the same plots and schemes for hundreds of years.. Do we learn??

You make the hard answer!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join