It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American calling his Government out!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Disclose: I did not read this massive thread. That being said, I too served my country USMC. My question to you Slayer is:
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? BESIDES BITCH & MOAN ON ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Americans, on the most part, have become lazy, constantly eating "fast foods" or eating a very unhealthy diet, seeking out jobs that require very little or no physical labor and in doing so become morbidly obese.

When I said "lazy" in the above sentence I meant "lazy" as in don't want to do any yard work or house work. It's more important to them to watch Jerry Springer or Oprah while stuffing their faces and on top of this, to even mention exercise to them is forbidden. These people may have jobs but if their caloric input is 5000 and their output is 1000 of course you're going to have problems with trying to maintain an ideal weight.

On top of an "out of balanced diet to exercise" ratio, Americans are large consumers of alcohol and tobacco products. These not only diminish a persons endurance while they exercise but they destroy the body as well.

Overeating, smoking and drinking are three major factors in the declining health in America. The people who indulge in these behaviors are the ones who are most likely to seek out medical help for their conditions, conditions that only they did to themselves. These are probably the same people who don't have insurance, enough coverage or pre-existing conditions from their bad habits.

What I'm trying to say here is that healthy people, people who take care of themselves don't need any medical attention for the health because they're already healthy. The healthy Americans are going to be the ones to pey for the Americans who choose to destroy their health.

This health care bill, soon to become law, rewards the Americans for not taking care of themselves and burdens those who are health conscience.

I've just one thing to say for Americans that choose not to take care of themselves but afford to overeat, not exercise, smoke and drink alcoholic beverages.

You're killing the rest of us.

A fat and hacking lazy drunk doesn't deserve to be called an American. Male or female. I, for one, don't want to reward those who choose a life unhealthy vices. Until they know that they killing themselves and want to do something positive to turn their health around for the good, let them go ahead and kill themselves.

Healthy Americans actually live in the United States of the Fat and Lazy!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Overeating, smoking and drinking are three major factors in the declining health in America. The people who indulge in these behaviors are the ones who are most likely to seek out medical help for their conditions, conditions that only they did to themselves. These are probably the same people who don't have insurance, enough coverage or pre-existing conditions from their bad habits.

I will have to disagree somewhat with your wording here. These "habits" are, in fact, not habits, rather they are addictions. Addictions for which the health insurance industry will not pay to rehabilitate. This is something that needs to be addressed under preventative care; something I now see hope for with the new legislation.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Actually taxes have been lowest then they have been in decades.

Congressional Budget Office data show that most categories of households paid a smaller
percentage of their income in federal taxes in 2003 than in any year on record, with data going
back to 1979.

linky

We can still pay quite a bit more and still have not reached previous levels.

Anybody who gets in a fit over giving other Americans health insurance but doesn't care about the obscene amounts of money spent on defense deserves to have their panties in a wad for a day or two.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The problem I have with healthcare is this. I believe healthcare for everyone sounds great, but you all say the poor people are dying and can't afford health care. I say most of us are the "poor" people. Everyone is suffering. Most of us will be just as poor as the people who are without jobs when we get more taxes piled on.

It seems that no one understands that the regular middle class people are becoming poor people. Should I be forced to become the people they are saying their going to cover? They are forcing "progressive" down our throats.

It has opened the door for them to put on universal coverage. The price we will pay for the package already passed will be great, but when they go through the back door and make it universal it will be much greater.

It's my opinion that this is bad to the point that for the first time in my so far short exsistance I actually fear for the future of country and most of all the future of my children.

Can you squeeze anymore money out of my wallet? HELL NO YOU CAN'T
It's empty.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Anybody who gets in a fit over giving other Americans health insurance but doesn't care about the obscene amounts of money spent on defense deserves to have their panties in a wad for a day or two.

That's rediculous. What do you say to those who don't want any of it? Alot of people who are against healthcare are against our global police force aswell.

Are you saying we can't bitch about both fascism and communism? We don't want any of it. They can shove their health care bill and their patriot act up the exact same hole. We can't afford it. We can't afford them. I truely hope we can resolve this at the poles in the next few years. If not I fear for the future.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

I agree with you completely. But I am one who will do anything in my power to stop this Healthcare. As far as the military spending.... I also have no problem paying for military spending to protect US borders. The rest of it let the world figure it out. We are not the worlds police.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

If only, they did this in the interest of the people.

If only.

Its never in the interest of the people to have charity programs run at gun point. If all these people clamoring for universal health care spent even ten minutes a day working for it to be done on a voluntary basis, it would have happened a long time ago. What the left wants is for OTHER PEOPLE in political positons to force OTHER PEOPLE who aren't a part of their goals to be forced into a position of slavery and/or theft to support something they really can't (due to poverty) or don't want to support. I find the way people think its a right to enslave others into something they don't believe in using income taxes to be sickening.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Congressional Budget Office data show that most categories of households paid a smaller
percentage of their income in federal taxes in 2003 than in any year on record, with data going
back to 1979.

linky

Who are the we that can pay a bit more? How about you going to the home of someone who is about to be put out of work and tell them that. Can those who are out of a job pay that "bit more" when they don`t have an income? Have you even asked these people if they don`t care about the money that is being spent on defense?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Oh there is that right wing talking point again. Fascizm.

Lets define fascism for you from www.dictionary.com

a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Yup, giving everyone equal access to healthcare is such an oppressive and racist thing to do.

And how much money do we need to protect borders anyways?

The USA is responsible for 41.5 per cent of the world total, distantly followed by the China (5.8% of world share), France (4.5%), UK (4.5%), and Russia (4%):

globalissues

We could cut our military spending in half, yet still invest twice as much as China.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I can't pay for health insurance. Therefore, I won't, simple as that.
Insurance to me is a racket anyway. I pay for auto insurance. I think that after five years and no claims, I should be reimbursed. Since I'm not, it is a racket.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The Military spending is also to deal with the 60% of the population that "They" labeled potential Terrorists - Sound kind of Fascist to me

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

back to 1979.

linky

Oh I see, so you don't consider debt enslavement to be a form of taxation?

Look at the tax brackets at
www.taxfoundation.org...:

I see according to the tax brackets that someone earning an average wage was taxed using income tax at 28% and someone earning an average wage in 2010 will be taxed at 25%. Income Taxes are virtually unchanged. The only difference is people are a lot poorer now.

What has changed though is that now we are debt slaves for life and I'd call that a pretty damned big tax. Its nice that the government gets a 3% interest rate now but at some point that will double and we'll be paying something like twice as much for interest on the national debt as even the rampantly expensive defense budget.

Taxes involves taking without asking. But that doesn't seem to bother you. I guess the government can do no wrong from your perspective because if the government does something it is right but only if you do it does it become wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'll ask again; what percent increase in your taxes will be allotted for the new health care ? Is it a monthly fee or a tax increase ? If nobody knows, does that mean its a little early to scream out against it if nobody knows enough about it ? Whoever knows, please post something.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

We could cut our military spending in half, yet still invest twice as much as China.

Thats fine, we can cut out military spending. The consequences will be that we'll have to cut our forces in the countries that have enjoyed our protection for the last 50+ years. When were gone they'll have to ramp up their military spending for their protection. That means they'll have to innovate their own military instead of sponging off of our R&D. I'm sure their socialized programs will do just fine when money gets diverted for that.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Max, I posted this earlier. It provides an answer to your question. What can we do?

“The Solution” by Schaeffer Cox
part 1. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 2. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 3. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 4. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 5. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 6. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 7. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 8. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 9. ( www.youtube.com... )
part 10. ( www.youtube.com... )

[edit on 23-3-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Oh there is that right wing talking point again. Fascizm.

Lets define fascism for you from www.dictionary.com

a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Yup, giving everyone equal access to healthcare is such an oppressive and racist thing to do.

And how much money do we need to protect borders anyways?

The USA is responsible for 41.5 per cent of the world total, distantly followed by the China (5.8% of world share), France (4.5%), UK (4.5%), and Russia (4%):

globalissues

Are you saying that the Patriot Act is not fascism? Are you saying that healthcare isn't "progressive"?

Presidents Bush and Obama have been grabbing up power like crazy. You've seen the liberals squash opposition. Sounds fascist to me. Regimenting industry. . . Yeah they are doing that to. Health care, Auto, Education, Banking all becoming nationalized. Aggressive nationalism. . . War on Terror ring a bell?

We should defend our borders. We shouldn't be forced however to reinvest that money into anything other than things of our choosing. And as far as defending the borders go we can't even do that without people calling out the rascist issues.

The basic idea is government big smart, people small stupid.

I don't need a shepard. I don't need to be lead by the hand. I don't need to be saved from myself. It's not my job to save you from yourself. Why can't people see that?

If your so into this idea of healthcare perhaps you could pay for mine. . . By the way I'm a smoke heavy asthmatic. I have a history of heart problems and cancer in my family. Hope you don't mind

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

back to 1979.

linky

Who are the we that can pay a bit more? How about you going to the home of someone who is about to be put out of work and tell them that. Can those who are out of a job pay that "bit more" when they don`t have an income? Have you even asked these people if they don`t care about the money that is being spent on defense?

Its pretty obvious, that after 8 years of tax cuts and the lowest taxes in decades, its not looking so hot.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I've been on the verge of death 3 times in my life .
Each time I didn't have private insurance but my life was saved each time by very good doctors at a major hospital in this country.

I was treated as well as if I was a wealthy person paying cash .

I beleive that no one will be turned down in this country at any hospital for not having insurance.

Now, if this happens to me again, I fear I'll get inferior medical care that will be rationed out to me.

As a matter of fact , because of my age I'll probably be given a pain pill and told to go home and die.

Today did make history and began the decline of our country as we all knew it only yesterday, just 24 hours ago.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Enjoyed the protection ? Are you serious ? I doubt that very much. Every country the US has been involved in helped make that region unstable. You mean Japan needed the States protection after the US dropped two atomic bombs on them ? You mean Germany needed the US to stay stationed there to protect them ? You mean The US didn't put people like Saddam in power. You mean the US didn't create people like Osama ? The United States of America has been hijacked. These are not good people we're talking about making the decisions. Thats the only reason why I have many question marks concerning this new health bill. The US government always finds a way to bend its citizens over. I just want to see people post legit concerns and reasons behind their displeasure in which some people have while most have not.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join