It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask the Veterans how great their government treatment is....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

The OP discussed his experiences with government healthcare in regards to his granddad and how it failed him. He used the unfortunate circumstances of his granddad as an example of how bad government run healthcare is, obviously in response to this current health reform bill that was passed.

My reply was on topic and reasonable. If the OP insists that because of the circumstances of his grandfather government run healthcare is bad, whats the alternative? What solutions does the OP have? Because from what I can see;

Private insurance will not cover most of these folks. The rest will find the system costly. But yes they should dive into their retirement funds in their last years right?

Or maybe the OP means we should convert them to medicare? Another form of government run healthcare?

So to be frank here, the OP is complaining about the system in part in response to the current reform bill , but offered no alternatives to the vets, some of whom dont have any healthcare or shelter.

Maybe you can answer for him or her.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The level of care provided in the modern day VA health system is as good as any treatment you will get in a civilian hospital. The problem with VA care is the red tape and unncessary B.S. you have to weed through in order to get anything done.

I have many friends who have returned from Iraq and Afghanistan who are in serious need of help for one reason or another and the VA seems to fight them tooth and nail. It shouldn't be this way, if you serve with honor and come back home needing help you should be able to get it without begging and jumping through hoops.

Just my 2 cents anyway

<< 1   >>

join