It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Message - Matthew Rish - Athena 338

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Mom,

I miss you so much, I can't believe my phone is still out. I flash my region updates every morning as soon as I get up, but they still haven't posted anything. I'm always worried, I'm so used to instantly knowing when anything happens to anyone. Anyway I got your letter, and I'm going to try to explain this to you from my heart, maybe it's easier on paper.

I didn't have any choice mom - I had to come here. You know it was the hardest decision I could ever have to make, but you aren't losing me. The phone will come back, and we will have coffee at your kitchen table again every morning like we always have. You said it hurts you to hug a hologram. I don't know what to say to that, except that I honestly don't think that I would have been around to hug if I'd stayed, either. I'm not cut out for life among cults bent on destroying each other; it's as simple as that. You know I would have eventually been susied or s.l. recruited. Losing Josh to the league killed me, I would never let that happen!!!

There is nothing on Earth like this place. I'm never afraid or angry here mom, unless I think about home. I never have to worry about the beliefs of anyone I meet, they are all happy to share them with me.

I just want everyone on Earth to see what we're doing here, and hopefully learn from it that there is another way. Even if they maintain their religions, they'll eventually have to see and agree that this is how their relative Gods would want their lives to be. The only way that can happen is for every religion to agree that everyone else has a right to live like this.

All through history, those of us born outside of religion have been forced to watch everyone else kill and destroy, constantly spreading hate and death to every corner of the planet. That's never been fair, there is no way to win surrounded by that. Do you know how nice it is to live in a beautiful place, that has no history like that? That is only based and built on love, respect, and wisdom? The respect I have for those who made this possible, it's hard to think I could feel that for any religious leaders on Earth, no matter what.

You know I'm not allowed to tell you I still believe in God mom, I can't and I won't. I think though that I can tell you that I say "thank God I made it here" every day, as many times as I can get away with. I would never trade what I have here for any religious affiliation, in a million years. I'm never coming back there, ever.

You'll see that you can do this too mom, all of you can. The whole family can come here, we can all start over. You aren't too old to find out what it's like to live without the constant fear. I promise you that the fear you go through coming here and adjusting is nothing compared to that.

Let them have Earth, and just hope like we do that they can sort it out. In the last three days, I have watched so many people be completely cured of horrible diseases and disabilities, and the only reason it happened was because EVERYONE here wants everyone else here to be happy and healthy. That's the only reason anyone should ever need to do anything. I know you all agree, and you belong here too. I can still believe in destiny.

I love you mom, Mars isn't as far as you think.
Your son always,
Matthew

[edit on 23-3-2010 by maus80]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I don't know why, but I was wondering what it would be like to be a young man recruited to join a new Martian colony that required that it's citizens be atheists, during a time of all-out global religious wars.

Do you think he might be a bit naive in thinking that the group that recruited him are not themselves a fanatical cult, as he refers to the religions of Earth? Would there be large waves of people who regretted their decision because they started to believe in a religion?

Would Earth eventually end up attacking and destroying them for their lack of faith?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It's cool to come back and read this after having forgotten that I wrote it, and seeing if it still made sense to me. I wish it had gotten some feedback; I'd like to know if anyone read it, and if so what they thought of it.

new topics

join